texifornia

Grad Transfer WR Tarik Black

2 hours ago, Bevo said:

Did Michigan give anyone else a shot at QB? They had the TE/QB from New Mexico. I assume he was worse.

They have Christian McCaffrey's younger brother Dylan, but I have no idea how good he is. He was a 4* coming out of hs. 

2 hours ago, Bevo said:

Did Michigan give anyone else a shot at QB? They had the TE/QB from New Mexico. I assume he was worse.

You're thinking of Zach Gentry.  Don't think he ever played QB.

(He was Shawn Watson's hand-picked QB recruit.  Once he left, all we had was Kai Locksley.  Sheesh.)

23 minutes ago, Getafix said:

You're thinking of Zach Gentry.  Don't think he ever played QB.

(He was Shawn Watson's hand-picked QB recruit.  Once he left, all we had was Kai Locksley.  Sheesh.)

Zach Gentry was drafted at the TE position by the Steelers in the last year's draft (5th round).

still can’t believe tylan wallace and chuba hubbard went back to stillwater.  that could be a problem next season. 

Wallace made sense with the injury and the fact this year's WR draft class was historically good.

I'm surprised Hubbard returned but RBs have little value in the NFL these days. I think Helaire was the first pick at the end of round 1 and he's the ideal back in the NFL because of his pass catching ability. I'm not sure Hubbard will be drafted as high as most think even if he has a good year. 

The Chiefs just cut Shea Patterson (and kept Jordan Ta'amu lulz). This dude is going to love having an actually competent QB throwing to him.

34 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The Chiefs just cut Shea Patterson (and kept Jordan Ta'amu lulz). This dude is going to love having an actually competent QB throwing to him.

whats so funny about keeping taamu? he was an absolute gem in the xfl he could be a legit starter in the nfl 

Just now, hornfromdallas said:

whats so funny about keeping taamu? he was an absolute gem in the xfl he could be a legit starter in the nfl 

Oh I love Ta'amu, Ole Miss and Cal are my secondary rooting interests. It's that everyone said that Ole Miss was going to suffer when Patterson left for UMich, then Ta'amu outperformed him in every category, and he's finally gotten the chance to prove that he's better in a professional setting.

9 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Ole Miss and Cal are my secondary rooting interests

such similar schools. 

I'll say it. We should have a ceremonial game for renaming the field and debut of the Whittaker statue. On that night, the team should wear all black with the burnt orange longhorn and TEXAS being the only other things on the unis. No names.

Old traditionalists will hate it as they should but players and recruits would f'ing love it.

That black and orange looks great.