purplepride95

Ex Cop and son kill unarmed black man jogging

On 5/20/2020 at 6:09 PM, Buzzrock said:

Genuinely curious: would you feel the same way if it was rural Texas?

Yes, I would feel the same way. Same for Oklahoma.

Does the arrest of the guy behind the camera suggest that he played a role in setting up this killing? Lots of people were making him out to be just a random guy who happened to see it and decided to film it for evidence.

8 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

Does the arrest of the guy behind the camera suggest that he played a role in setting up this killing? Lots of people were making him out to be just a random guy who happened to see it and decided to film it for evidence.

From the linked article announcing the arrest:

On the day of the shooting, Arbery was spotted walking around an open construction site and the McMichaels pursued him in a pickup truck, according to the police report. When they passed Bryan's home, Bryan got in his own vehicle and followed, The New York Times reported. 

When Arbery ran around the McMichaels' car, Bryan tried to block him, Gregory McMichael told investigators. Arbery ran past Bryan's car, too, and the two vehicles reportedly turned around and continued pursuing him. At 1:14 p.m., Bryan took the video of Travis shooting Arbery, the Times said. 

He actively participated in the illegal detention of Arbery, which directly led to his murder.

Help us out.  When we have multiple Karens, we have a "complaint of Karens."  When we have sister-fucking, bag-o-dicks hoarding, lying, cheating thieves, we refer to them as "Okies".
I don't want to call these guys rednecks or good ole boys, because I know plenty of folks who fall into that camp, who are not lusting to kill anybody, regardless of skin color.  Some people use "Bubba" instead of Cletus, but I have a cousin-in-law whom I'm friends with, who goes by Bubba.  Plus he's black, and college educated, so it definitely kills it for me.
But Cletus....there's just something about Cletus....I think of Cletus Del Roy Spuckler, aka Cletus the Slack-Jawed Yokel, from The Simpsons.  He doesn't seem to be racist though.  Just inbred.
I get where you're coming from - there is a moral deficit, rather than any inbred slack-jadedness.  
George Wallace wannabes doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

Just call them peckawoods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/21/2020 at 11:24 AM, burntorangebongos said:

Hmmm. So like a flash mob but only for lynching?

On 5/6/2020 at 8:03 PM, TexasEd said:

My unsubstantiated theory is this "Neighborhood Watch" has a police scanner and some sort of radio network or text group that sends out the bat signal whenever a person of color is in the neighborhood and they all take it upon themselves to show themselves and be armed.  If it was a radio there may not be discovery but hopefully it's nextdoor, facebook messenger, or SMS that can be recovered and admitted to evidence.  I would bet the Duke Brothers that record would be revealing.

The prior gun burglary and the inspection of the construction site are just excuses (in their mind justification) for their actions to harass and dispense their form of vigilante justice. 

What do I win for calling this 18 days early?

20 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

A weekend with South Austins mom.....

Good, 'cause she's 18 days late /tryingtorememberwhichorifice

38 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

What do I win for calling this 18 days early?

Everything.

You stand to win everything.

NCFOM.jpg?width=640

30 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Could have had that anyway. 

8 hours ago, elfenix said:

Felony murder rule

That's the common-law variant, which makes any accessory to a felony in which a death occurs liable for murder.  Pretty nasty rule, actually.

I posted the Georgia variant, which is narrower as it appears that one must contribute somewhat ("caused") to the death, whether intentional or otherwise.  Not sure ol Bryan/Roddy is quite good for that.

Like somebody said, they have something damning on him, and it could very well be his cell phone, or perhaps there are witnesses we don't know about, who may have said he was trying to box the victim in.  Hell, we don't see much of his video, and we are supposed to believe, going by his attorney, that he saw somebody being chased by somebody else and just hopped in his car, rolled up seconds before the shooting, and then started filming.

How dare you!
Roddys lawyer said he had nothing to do with that shooting and he barely knew the cleti. Said Roddy was a hero.
You know lawyers dont lie!

On 5/22/2020 at 3:35 PM, SHOOTER12 said:

And second place wins a whole week with her?