Sign in to follow this  
cdain3

Moody Center

As a reminder, the practice facility will be built between the arena and new red river on the west side.

5 hours ago, Pasken said:

As a reminder, the practice facility will be built between the arena and new red river on the west side.

Underground? 

name.jpg

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Underground? 

name.jpg

No. Above ground where the scrubs are in this diagram on the arena's west (left) side.

spacer.png

Also, 20th street may or may not still be publicly accessible. 20th actually going to be the underground freight entrance from San Jacinto for trucks accessing the arena. I don't know if they will be able to do an underground entrance and at grade street. 

Edited by Pasken

20 minutes ago, Pasken said:

No. Above ground where the scrubs are in this diagram on the arena's west (left) side.

spacer.png

I don't see Shaka anywhere on the diagram. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/4/2020 at 5:18 PM, Goodman said:

Underground? 

name.jpg

On 5/4/2020 at 5:24 PM, Pasken said:

spacer.png

Also, 20th street may or may not still be publicly accessible. 20th actually going to be the underground freight entrance from San Jacinto for trucks accessing the arena. I don't know if they will be able to do an underground entrance and at grade street. 

I came across a rendering of the basketball practice facility I had not seen.

Basketball Practice Facility

https://texassports.com/sports/2020/4/30/basketball_rowing_facility.aspx

Edited by Somnio

That is exactly the type of ridiculously lavish facility our amateur athletes should have. Hell, I hope they've planned a floor for player apartments. I forgot, that would not be fair to common students...it does look great.

On 5/2/2020 at 1:29 PM, SimonBolivar said:

SMU - Moody Coliseum: Dallas, TX 75275: Visit Dallas

Pony Up?

I've been to a couple of SMU game in this arena and watched the game from the corner hospitality suite. 

When in the arena, it feels like money. It's a great atmosphere for the fans and I would guess for the players as well. Especially compared to the old Moody Coliseum or the morgue that is The Drum in Austin.

Too soon man, too soon.

Sometimes work has me look at dozens of renderings in a given week.  I don't think I've ever noticed a car pulling a David Blaine before, but I can tell now...that that's all I be focusing on whenever I look at another one for the rest of my life.  

I guess that they didn't want to go full BURDINE and build something blindingly ugly, but they also didn't want a nice looking building, so this eyesore is a compromise.