Moody Center

cdain3

On 10/22/2021 at 11:49 AM, idigTexas said:

I love the Screaming Bevo logo but not in combo with the standard logo.  I wouldn't mind it featured at center court as an occasional alternative, but I don't using both logos at the same time. 

The Austin skyline is not iconic enough to be used in any capacity. 

And who is the dumbass that used saguaro cacti?  Using cacti at all is bad, but if you are going to do it, at least stick to something that is abundant in our state and common to Austin.  

I know there are submissions, but of the four in that link, I prefer the bottom left.  

Skyline and cacti are bad choices for the reasons stated.

A more appropriate icon would be an outline of a person sneezing.

• Haha 1

The problem with that one is that there's two competing genres of graphic design.  The Bevo at midcourt, and those UT logos in the corners, and that sideline/endline font...those were our looks in the 70's/80's.  And then that skyline is obviously more slick and modern, looks like the graphic design they use for stuff on the ACL Music Festival website.  

Neither is bad on their own, but they look like shit mashed up together like that.  

It’s clearly in jest. 

I am actually surprised they’re having this contest. A simple burnt orange Bevo in the middle of the court works fine. But if a new flashy court design brings more students/fans, creates a better home court advantage, and it’s what Vic and Beard want then I’m for it.

24 minutes ago, Pancho said:

It’s clearly in jest. 

I am actually surprised they’re having this contest. A simple burnt orange Bevo in the middle of the court works fine. But if a new flashy court design brings more students/fans, creates a better home court advantage, and it’s what Vic and Beard want then I’m for it.

That's all you need. A bevo of average size at mid court and paint the lanes burnt orange. If you want to have The University of Texas at the edge of the court, that's fine. That's it.

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

Probably want to put the most recognizable college sports logo at midcourt of your new arena. But that's just me. 

Yeah, some of these designs they're promoting are just bizarre.  But what do I know...I just photoshop pics of jagged-tooth aggys and what not.

18 minutes ago, Js1 said:

They’re def posting the worst options so we all just shrug at the final choice and say it’s fine, could be worse, right?

12 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Bottom right has potential 

Take out the black and it’d be acceptable. I actually don’t mind the Tower being included as part of the design.

13 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

Take out the black and it’d be acceptable. I actually don’t mind the Tower being included as part of the design.

Lose the script along the end lines and the random Ts and I’d be ok with it 

11 hours ago, Js1 said:

They’re def posting the worst options so we all just shrug at the final choice and say it’s fine, could be worse, right?

Top right is horribad.  Top left a little less so.

Give me the tower and longhorn from bottom right and the color scheme, interlocking UTs and LONGHORNS along the endlines from bottom left.  Replace one LONGHORNS with TEXAS.

There's also no way in hell the court will not feature the Moody Center logo somewhere.  They paid way too much money to not be more visible.  So you can count out any of the designs without their logo.  And as stated above, the most recognizable logo in college athletics will also play a part.  

Also---serious question...I know it's a modular floor...but is it required by the League to have the conference logo on your courts?  One nice thing about the Big XII logo is you can change up the color scheme to compliment your school colors.  But the SEC is always that yellow and blue circle logo, which is gonna look like dogshit with some of these court designs.  

1 hour ago, TexasPride10 said:

I'm not overly picky, but any of the options with the skyline included should be thrown in the trash immediately. The skyline and the school have absolutely nothing to do with each other. 

The tower - hell yeah.  The skyline - no. 

I like the Longhorn logo over the Tower rather than the Longhorn logo over the state of Texas outline.  

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Pancho said:

No it's not.  Most SEC courts are the color scheme of that university.

Well that helps a bit I suppose if we can change color schemes.  I guess I don’t watch much SEC basketball.  

5 hours ago, TexasPride10 said:

I'm not overly picky, but any of the options with the skyline included should be thrown in the trash immediately. The skyline and the school have absolutely nothing to do with each other. 

^^^ This.  There are only two iconic buildings in the Austin skyline; the UT tower and the Capitol building.  Everything else is just a generic high rise and in no way connected to the University.

4 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

No fucking black on the paint scheme.

We are not Oklahoma State.

Burnt orange and white only.

^^^ And this.

Now...get off my lawn!!!

I dunno, that bottom right one...you heave up a desperation shot at the buzzer from right between half-court line and the 3P arc...we could call it 'A Whitman.'  

Too soon?