Moody Center

cdain3

2 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

jimmy-butler-yeah-right.gif

The Moody Center is an upcoming multi-purpose arena currently under construction on the campus of the University of Texas at Austin in Austin, Texas.
Moody Center.
Owner University of Texas at Austin
Operator Oak View Group and University of Texas at Austin
Capacity 10,000 (basketball) 15,000 (total)

Fun fact-the University of Texas does not own the land.  And Moody does now own the building.  

And the popcorn you're eating from there has been pissed in.  Film at 11.  

26 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Fun fact-the University of Texas does not own the land.  And Moody does now own the building.  

And the popcorn you're eating from there has been pissed in.  Film at 11.  

So, it really is the Austin Special Events Center that UT gets exclusive usage rights to for 60 days a year? Outstanding,

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be usual not-clever Lobo, that was supposed to read "Moody does not own the building."  Fuck.  the one letter that changes the whole narrative.

the one thing that concerns me and I wonder if anyone can answer is.....the FEC (to my understanding) was run 100% by the university and the athletics department specifically and I believe that is part of the reason (though not close to all of it) for the shit-tastically high Belmont budget......because they needed all that staff to run the events part of the FEC and to run the concessions and everything else

now with a private group running the new facility will UT/Belmont be transferring staff over to that private group and all their salary and cost or will Belmont find a way to keep all that overhead and just fuck off more money while actually getting less of the revenue from the new venue than was brought in from the FEC owning 100% of it

I think they're case-testing it for the Globetrotters valiant return to Austin.  

Fucking Washington.  I know more than the Generals.  Many people are saying I'm better than the Generals.  By a lot.  An awful lot.  Just you wait.  

In the back ground of the picture with the scorecard, you can see the framework for the structure that will "close off" the upper level for basketball games. Its how they will make the max capacity about 10k for the hoops games. I have to assume that with they way they appear to be set up, they will reflect sound and keep it centered over the court for max effect. 

On 3/24/2022 at 11:53 AM, lazygringo said:

I'd imagine they'd prorate the salaries of the arena workers for the percentage of time UT uses the facility. Shouldn't be a difficult formula.

I don't mean the cold beer here guy and the hot dog guy or the ticket takers or parking lot guy (I would imagine those were contracted out to some shit service like Aramark or Ovations even at the FEC) I mean higher up people that book events, schedule events, sign event contracts, sign contracts with Aramark or Ovations, and deal with all that shit......people probably making $60,000 to $150,000

it is not like the touring manager for Metallica or Disney on Ice calls Del and ask him to look on his microsoft calendar and tell them what dates are open for some concerts....it is Belmont they have a fucking army of people wasting their day on that shit...the management company for Moody will now be handling all of that so what happens to all that Belmont bloat 

Edited by ButtFumble

On 3/31/2022 at 10:45 AM, Delta Charlie said:

In the back ground of the picture with the scorecard, you can see the framework for the structure that will "close off" the upper level for basketball games. Its how they will make the max capacity about 10k for the hoops games. I have to assume that with they way they appear to be set up, they will reflect sound and keep it centered over the court for max effect. 

Or…

5DC4AB46-9460-4044-B9E5-9CE366DFB98B.thumb.jpeg.af61d9f1539ed6aac4d580100a8a2469.jpeg

• Like 1

The truck stop with all the glory holes? 

Anyway, gonna be a rough soft opening in two weeks...the thing is nowhere near completely done.  But it'll suffice even during the 'Grand Opening' in four weeks time.  It'll be all sewn up by summer but gonna be choppy since they gotta finish it during multiple load-ins/load-outs (South Austin Mom Joke inserted here).  Gonna be a great venue though soon enough.  Looking forward to hoops season already.

On 4/2/2022 at 4:19 PM, Ignatius said:

Just put down my deposit. My goal in seat selection will be to hover as closely as possible above my football tailgate spot between 1996 and 2015. Long live Pink Lot 77/90…

And of course this year the donations to the Foundation are separate. If I could leverage my existing Football donation to get good seats I absolutely would. I guess it's a good thing it's the only show in town otherwise I just don't see how they can expect us to pay these prices.

57 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but most Geto Boys fans are olds.

Does blue hairs work?  I’m certainly older than I would like to be, but my appreciation for the Geto Boyz body of work, which came onto the scene when I was in HS, and my parent’s appreciation for the same music is vastly different.  My father would have a stroke if he had to access his seats through the Geto Boyz Portal, assuming he could figure out who the Geto Boyz were without buttdialing my sister and I twice each while trying to google it.

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Does blue hairs work?  I’m certainly older than I would like to be, but my appreciation for the Geto Boyz body of work, which came onto the scene when I was in HS, and my parent’s appreciation for the same music is vastly different.  My father would have a stroke if he had to access his seats through the Geto Boyz Portal, assuming he could figure out who the Geto Boyz were without buttdialing my sister and I twice each while trying to google it.

I said that very much tongue in cheek. I'm fitty and I love the Geto Boys. 

But yes, the blue hairs that you're talking about probably don't appreciate the lyrical stylings of Bushwick Bill, Willie D, and Scarface.

13 hours ago, David Dennison said:

But yes, the blue hairs that you're talking about probably don't appreciate the lyrical stylings of Bushwick Bill, Willie D, and Scarface.

I don’t know, I think the phrase ‘cock-sucking, pussy-eating prankster’ has a universal appeal across all generations….

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Deej said:

Shit...South Austin's mom is only 5 bucks a pop. UT needs to get their shit together. There's other games in town. 

You're getting ripped off.  She offered me 5 pops for a buck.  Took me a couple days, but worth it.

On 4/5/2022 at 12:53 AM, David Dennison said:

Hate to break it to you, Half-Century, but you are an old now. Just a hopskipand jump away from blue hair. And those current blue hairs were the ones who brought the world Porky's and New Jack City when they were in their prime. This ain't Benny Goodman fans we're talking about. Hell, OGs like Kurtis and Grandmaster are all in their 60s now so age is not the real reason for any complaining. Don't like Texas legends because they made music that got a tsk tsk from your sheltered and prudish circle? Get bent.