Texas GOP Convention- live stream

StassneyHorn

19 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

WHAT THE FUCK?  The court just mandated that a party perform a contract -- CREATING ACTUAL FUCKING DANGER -- in spite of clear contractual language allowing the city to cancel for just that fucking reason:

So, the court is obligating a party to perform under a contract when the contract terms expressly say it doesn't have to. I mean, it's not even remotely ambiguous.  And in weighing the harm.....the court went with "you won't let me have my rah-rah party" over "preventing people from catching and succumbing to a deadly disease."

The fucking partisanship in this country is so goddamned out of control, we're literally killing ourselves in sacrifice on that altar.

Did Judge Hughes order that?

Like I said, he is insane. Wouldn’t surprise me in the least. 

time for an appeal if so. 

• Like 1

Allen West and every idiot alive is going to head into a redistricting session with their dicks in their hand.the five largest counties in Texas have the 5 largest jackasses leading the party. Rural Texas is good for 1 million votes, how will Dems run the score up in those cities?

CAN YOU HEAR ME????

Join in for the shitshow. Just got a traditional marriage plank and monument protection. Youtube comments have been disabled for trolling, Can troll with your facebook account. Dickey's audio has consistently been a bit FUBAR'D

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Like 1

CAN YOU HEAR ME????

Join in for the shitshow. Just got a traditional marriage plank and monument protection. Youtube comments have been disabled for trolling, Can troll with your facebook account. Dickey's audio has consistently been a bit FUBAR'D

They want to run the world....they can’t even run a videoconference that the moron Wilmer from accounts payable figured out months ago.

Stupidest. Fucking. Timeline.

7 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Oh my.

I am suspicious that a group unable to coordinate a 'Zoom' type get together nor have the technical skill to quickly patch one together when the court case was being resolved would be able to identify a true denial of service attack.

• Like 3

my first case before him, my boss saw the assignment and just said 'hughes is a hangin' judge.'

csb related. while my case was before him, this happened in another case: hughes ruled, granting summary judgment.  5th cir overturned and sent it back.  hughes granted again.  5th circuit overturned again, remanded again, and assigned another judge to the case because they weren't sure hughes was going to follow the law.

edit to add a quote from the 5th cir on it i found in an old article. not great, bob.

“In the prior appeal, we declined to have this case reassigned to a different judge on remand. The circumstances are now different because the district court judge disregarded our clear mandate and failed to apply the legal standards we established in our opinion for public disclosure and to address the specific questions we set out in that opinion,” Davis wrote.

“Facing a lengthy and detailed summary judgment record, the district judge issued a five-page opinion with few citations to either record evidence or relevant legal authority—not surprising given that neither the summary judgment evidence nor the law to support the conclusions he reached,” Davis wrote. “The opinion consists almost entirely of conclusory statements. The district judge reached the same conclusion he reached in his previous opinion by employing the same overly broad reasoning that we rejected before.”

The decision vacates and remands Hughes’ judgment and directs the chief judge of the Southern District of Texas to reassign the case to a different district judge.

Edited by BehoId, The Underminer!
  • Like 2

I am suspicious of a Republican Convention that met online during a pandemic but insists on its children and teachers meeting in person.  

Edit: And I know they've conceded and a lot are delaying by starting online now.  

Edited by Mdhorn

1 minute ago, Mdhorn said:

I am suspicious of a Republican Convention that met online during a pandemic but insists on its children and teachers meeting in person.  

It almost feels like they might be completely horrendous political monsters who only care about themselves and their quest for power.

26 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

my first case before him, my boss saw the assignment and just said 'hughes is a hangin' judge.'

csb related. while my case was before him, this happened in another case: hughes ruled, granting summary judgment.  5th cir overturned and sent it back.  hughes granted again.  5th circuit overturned again, remanded again, and assigned another judge to the case because they weren't sure hughes was going to follow the law.

edit to add a quote from the 5th cir on it i found in an old article. not great, bob.

I did not perform a search and sorry for the derail, but if there is not a CR thread for attorney stories/cases, there should be. I could sit and read them for hours. Some are enlightening, some are tragic, some are hilarious, some are infuriating but you lot do tell a good story. I remember when I first discovered Molly Ivins and then spent much time reading everything she wrote. People who can articulate the relationships that are a part of their career whether it be politics, medicine, or engineering, or law give the rest of us a window into other perspectives. I like that.

6 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I did not perform a search and sorry for the derail, but if there is not a CR thread for attorney stories/cases, there should be. I could sit and read them for hours. Some are enlightening, some are tragic, some are hilarious, some are infuriating but you lot do tell a good story. I remember when I first discovered Molly Ivins and then spent much time reading everything she wrote. People who can articulate the relationships that are a part of their career whether it be politics, medicine, or engineering, or law give the rest of us a window into other perspectives. I like that.

I ever tell you about the time when I was a baby associate, and I spent several months in a windowless conference room reviewing paper documents for a giant lender liability case, mostly by myself?

Good times, good times.

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I ever tell you about the time when I was a baby associate, and I spent several months in a windowless conference room reviewing paper documents for a giant lender liability case, mostly by myself?

Good times, good times.

Touché Brisket, touché.

I spent many a memorable hour sitting on a stepstool in the basement of an antiquated library trying not to contract a lung disease while I pulled citations out of centuries old musty bound periodicals on behalf of my boss. Similar lack of windows, but  I had the slightly creepy sensation of being in a film noir and I was going to be one of the first characters to die.

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I've told my wife she should write a book about the crazy shit she's seen in court.

What is it about the Texas republicans continually electing carpetbaggers to their highest offices?

Danny Goeb
Ken Paxton
Allen West

The list goes on and on. A red state of 29,000,000+ and they keep bringing in carpetbaggers. What's up?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

What is it about the Texas republicans continually electing carpetbaggers to their highest offices?

Danny Goeb
Ken Paxton
Allen West

The list goes on and on. A red state of 29,000,000+ and they keep bringing in carpetbaggers. What's up?

They suck? 

10 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

Danny Goeb
Ken Paxton
Allen West

The Music (Man) That (Doesn't) Make Me Dance ...

Technically, Harold Hill was a traveling salesman, but the grift is the same.

One could substitute the Wizard from Oz, Moses Pray from Paper Moon, or Big Dan Teague (O Brother, Where Art Thou).

The insecure ego and lack of contentment combined with a tendency to pursue lazy thinking creates a perfect mark. The "fuck your feelings" crowd is all about feelings in reality. Most of us are. IMO that was the mistake Everett, Pete, and Delmar made. There is no honor among thieves, only more thieving.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

How did Allen West end up here? I thought he was a Florida guy. Did he take some private job here after Florida kicked him out of Congress after 1 term, and then transition back to politics when he failed?

You know how super-shitty cops get quietly dismissed from the force in one town, only to latch on to a cop gig in another town?

Yeah.  That's the Republican party these days in a nutshell.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Technically, Harold Hill was a traveling salesman, but the grift is the same.

One could substitute the Wizard from Oz, Moses Pray from Paper Moon, or Big Dan Teague (O Brother, Where Art Thou).

The insecure ego and lack of contentment combined with a tendency to pursue lazy thinking creates a perfect mark. The "fuck your feelings" crowd is all about feelings in reality. Most of us are. IMO that was the mistake Everett, Pete, and Delmar made. There is no honor among thieves, only more thieving.

I don’t get it Big Dan. 

11 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Good times, good times.

You misspelled "shredding"

17 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

“I have no experience doing this, but I cucked your job. Can you show me how to actually do it?

Looks like West is trying to beef up his resume to eventually get Michael Steele’s old job with the GOP. 

On 7/20/2020 at 9:51 AM, Mrs Whiggins said:

lol like "Surly lawyers tell everybody how great they are" could be contained to one thread.  

12 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

lol like "Surly lawyers tell everybody how great they are" could be contained to one thread.  

I dunno....my funniest stories all involve me stepping on my dick.  Which I've done on enough occasions to create a solid stable of funny stories.