Missing some ALDS 

I’ll play

‘15 1-0 LDS

‘17 1-0 LDS, 2-0 LCS, 3-1 WS 

‘18 0-1 LCS

’19 1-0 LDS, 0-1 LCS, 0-3 WS

8-6

Should have stopped after 2017.

See I can't even remember all the games I have been to prior to 2017.  I went to a lot of the 04/05 NLDS and NLCS games, but I would have to look at ticket stubs to even know which ones I did and didn't.  I just remember I was living in San Antonio during 04 playoffs so I would pull the whole drive into town, watch the game, turn around and drive back to San Antonio afterwards....like some of you do for Austin I think   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Scraps said:

See I can't even remember all the games I have been to prior to 2017.  I went to a lot of the 04/05 NLDS and NLCS games, but I would have to look at ticket stubs to even know which ones I did and didn't.  I just remember I was living in San Antonio during 04 playoffs so I would pull the whole drive into town, watch the game, turn around and drive back to San Antonio afterwards....like some of you do for Austin I think   

Watching Randy Johnson lose to the Padres was pretty heartbreaking too. 

Just now, Updawg said:

That guy should be sent home. He was terrible.

Worst I'd seen in a long, long time with regard to missing so many balls completely in or out of the zone.  At least I could get mad at the guy if borderline calls went the Twins' way, but it was just gross negligence.

Pretty much the only thing I appreciated from him was the patience with Springer, but Big George was hardly the only guy walking away from the plate asking, "WTF?"

5 hours ago, Scraps said:

Nice

I’m one of those austin guys but starting to get too old for that shit.

I did do two legs of the texas triangle last year: austin to Dallas for ou; Dallas to Houston for LCS game 1. That sucked

In ‘05 was living in Houston and remember catching VY and the Horns finally break the streak against OU in the morning in Dallas and Roy O mow down the Braves back in Houston that evening. That was better, but still brutal.

15 minutes ago, slorch said:

Worst I'd seen in a long, long time with regard to missing so many balls completely in or out of the zone.  At least I could get mad at the guy if borderline calls went the Twins' way, but it was just gross negligence.

Pretty much the only thing I appreciated from him was the patience with Springer, but Big George was hardly the only guy walking away from the plate asking, "WTF?"

I normally roll my eyes at all the weeping/gnashing of teeth directed of umpiring, but yesterday was just awful.

It’s one thing to miss a few here and there, but even when MLB umps are having a bad day, they are typically consistently missing the same pitch /same spot. There was no rhyme or reason to anything he was calling a ball or strike 

No strong preference but I would lean for white Sox for

1) the “home” team aspect

2) I think both AL and NL central are shit and White Sox a) played above their heads in the 60 game regular season and b) did it in the easiest 10 team “pod.” They remind me a bit of the 2015 Astros. Tons of potential but a year or two too early.

Braves just won their first series since sweeping us in 2001.  Looking at baseball reference to remind myself which series this was,

• We lost game 1 when Dierker brought in Mike Jackson in the 8th with a 1 run lead instead of Dotel, like he had been doing all year.  Jackson gave up a run to tie and then let 2 more runners on.  Dierker then brought Wagner in and he immediately gave up a 3-run homer to Chipper.
  • We lost Game 2 1-0 to Glavine.  Smoltz with the save.  Dave Mlicki was the tough luck loser.
  • This was Dieker's last year as the manager.  He made the playoffs 4 of his 5 years but never won a series.

5 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:

Thats the one former Astros autograph id love to have is Bill Spiers. Great utility player.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

So i googled his name because I  couldn't place him.   Interesting cat...

Not many former big leaguers are coaches at a major D-1 FOOTBALL program.    Spiers is a Senior Assistant for offense and Special Teams.  He was a punter for the Tigers in his college days, while his son punted for them in recent years.

In 1999, Spiers also had a fan jump him in the outfield as a game was in the bottom of the 6th.  Teammate Mike Hampton ran  to get the attacker off of Spiers.   (Why have I never seen this on any old MLB stuff?)