Vic Mackey

Dallas Cowboys 2020 Regular Season Thread: Finally No More Garrett!

Dak throws throws for over 400 and rushes for 3 himself. Overcomes 3 turnovers and a 20pt deficit. 19 at half. 15 with under 5 minutes to go. Missing 2 of the best 3 OL on this team. He was a magician the 2nd half. This game was all him. Not one ounce of help from the defense. They had a late sack and that's it. Dropped 2 picks. Made no timely plays. Their only real stop came with Atlanta trying to run the clock out and running generic plays.

And you really had people who honestly blamed the offense this game and thought the defense had no blame lmao. This defense is straight up ass juice. Zero playmakers out there and are so out of position constantly. 

I know the Dak haters were hurt seeing him play the way he did and lead us to the win. Maybe next week guys.

Edited by Vic Mackey

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Dak throws throws for over 400 and rushes for 3 himself. Overcomes 3 turnovers and a 20pt deficit. 19 at half. 15 with under 5 minutes to go. Missing 2 of the best 3 OL on this team. He was a magician the 2nd half. This game was all him. Not one ounce of help from the defense. They had a late sack and that's it. Dropped 2 picks. Made no timely plays. Their only real stop came with Atlanta trying to run the clock out and running generic plays.

And you really had people who honestly blamed the offense this game and thought the defense had no blame lmao. This defense is straight up ass juice. Zero playmakers out there and are so out of position constantly. 

I know the Dak haters were hurt seeing him play the way he did and lead us to the win. Maybe next week guys.

Agreed. I hope you find a nice thicc chola to celebrate with. 

9 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

First 2 games pass rush has been non existent. They need to find the answer fast. 

Yep..... I think we've gotten everything we want out of Aldon and more but DLaw needs to get home.  I don't care if he's in the area..... pressures are good but this defense has to get some 3 and outs and some turnovers and negative plays.  It was a huge issue last year and thus far, it's been more of the same.... no big plays by the defense.  We also dropped 3 picks today.

1 hour ago, anacardo said:

changing your base defensive front is nearly always an expensive strategic error.  terrible decision.  Parcells did it, made Dexter Coakley, La'Roi Glover, Dat Nguyen and Roy Williams liabilities.  Garrett did it, did the same to our best pass rusher ever / future HOFer and off went Ware b/c he couldn't play line at 240 lbs.   Now it'll be D-Law at minimum.  

Depends on what your goal is as a coach.  If it’s to win, then changing fronts is a bad idea.  If it is to have a built-in excuse for the first couple of years of your tenure, then it’s pretty smart.

1 hour ago, anacardo said:

changing your base defensive front is nearly always an expensive strategic error.  terrible decision.  Parcells did it, made Dexter Coakley, La'Roi Glover, Dat Nguyen and Roy Williams liabilities.  Garrett did it, did the same to our best pass rusher ever / future HOFer and off went Ware b/c he couldn't play line at 240 lbs.   Now it'll be D-Law at minimum.  

dp

Edited by conVINCEd

3 hours ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

34/47 450 yards 1 TD passing 3 rushing 

Dude sucks! 

You can't deny the settling effect of the Red Rifle QB coming in to take some crucial snaps to get the ship righted and hand it back over to Dak for the layup.

Edited by DougO

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Yep..... I think we've gotten everything we want out of Aldon and more but DLaw needs to get home.  I don't care if he's in the area..... pressures are good but this defense has to get some 3 and outs and some turnovers and negative plays.  It was a huge issue last year and thus far, it's been more of the same.... no big plays by the defense.  We also dropped 3 picks today.

DLAW was really good on run D, and always has been.    

13 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Also, not that this really matters, but you can put every dollar in your bank account on the fact that the eagles will win and cover against the Rams today. They’re just a better coached team. Jim Schwartz isn’t an idiot. He isn’t going to get fooled by 10 variations of a screen pass.

Fuck.  Thanks a lot, dude.  I guess I can work until I'm dead.

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

It's gonna be a challenge for Futureman for sure this week but I'm sure he's up for it.

18 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

And that's great..... but we're talking about an anemic pass rush which has 2 sacks in 2 games.  The pass rush was supposed to be where we'd hang our hat but it hasn't made a huge difference thus far, especially with a very leaky secondary.  We have 1 turnover in 2 games.  These are all themes from last year.  Can they get better?  Surely and I hope they will as they get most acclimated to the scheme, but the offense needs some help.  

44 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

He has been good against the run. Sacks are great but to have pressures on a qb will help a fuck ton. The first int vs the rams came because of pressure from Aldon

Edited by Coach pop a bitch

5 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

He has been good against the run. Sacks are great but to have pressures on a qb will help a fuck ton. The first int vs the rams came because of pressure from Aldon

27 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

And that's great..... but we're talking about an anemic pass rush which has 2 sacks in 2 games.  The pass rush was supposed to be where we'd hang our hat but it hasn't made a huge difference thus far, especially with a very leaky secondary.  We have 1 turnover in 2 games.  These are all themes from last year.  Can they get better?  Surely and I hope they will as they get most acclimated to the scheme, but the offense needs some help.  

5 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

And there’s no doubt about that.   Watch the game a bit.  Lawrence is lined up against a tackle and TE a bunch of the time.   I’m not saying he can’t do more, he can.   But dude is doubled and more about 60% of the time and has been for years.  

Russ Wilson is gonna light this trash ass defense up like the Las Vegas Strip next weekend

Edited by Surly Bevo

4 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

The offense should have lost us the game. A fluke onside recovery bailed them out. Yes, Dak had great numbers. Yes, he led the unit that gave them 17 free points. This game had all the hallmarks of a typical Dak empty stat game if we lose like we should have. Plus, he was going against a horse shit defense. 

I like Dak, but he has a ton to prove. And today wasn’t it. 

33 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Russ Wilson is gonna light this trash ass defense up like the Las Vegas Strip next weekend

Yes but at 1-2 the cowboys will only need to go 5-8 the rest of the season to win the shittiest of shit divisions. Then get dispatched in the WC game

As shitty as the Cowboy defense is, it held the Falcons to 350 yards or so, 10 points in the second half and saw 17 points basically gifted to them in the first quarter because of all the fumbles. Atlanta’s 3rd/4th down conversion rate was today high.

Would love to see the Cowboys add Earl Thomas — I mean why not? Let’s see if it works.

The NFC East is horrifically bad. Sounds like Saquon Barkley tore his ACL today and Eagles fans might assassinate Carson Wentz.

I’m not sure I used this correctly but it appears the Cowboys had a 0.2% chance of winning when they got the ball back at 7:57 and trailing by 15 points.

bf2285278daec512b88247a9ad727792.jpg

Holy cow, just heard the stat that since the NFL started keeping stats. The record for a team that scored 39 points and have no turnovers, as Atlanta did yesterday, teams are 442-0...