Houston Texans 2020 Regular Season Thread

Macklemore

6 hours ago, ulukinatme said:

Is Martin really that bad?  I get that the bad snap had the worst possible timing, but he's given up just one sack all year.  Haven't seen the numbers this year, but in 2018 he was the highest graded pass blocking center in the league, and #8 among all OL.

He’s a decent pass-blocker but terrible run-blocker. Only 3 centers in the league make more...

Edited by Ignatius

Why haven’t we seen this type of investigative reporting by any of the local hacks at the Chronicle? Oh that’s right, I live in Houston where our main newspaper fails this town and its subscribers by having the fraud Pancakes McLain spin and deflect the team’s lies rather than inform the public.

5 hours ago, SimkinsMan said:

Very interesting story -- thank you for sharing. Easterby is a cancer. Hard for me to root for the Texans until he's gone.

I love Jesus as much as the next man. But unless he's making it rain with 'manna' from heaven, you don't make business decisions solely on his guidance. 

And call Daboll.

Edited by Brothahorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

I was wasting time on Youtube, another hard day at work.  😀  I ran across Dan Patrick interview of Tony Dungy from yesterday.  (Sorry no link)  Dan asked him about his involvement on the committee to hire new GM/Coach.  Tony said he only received a call from Cal asking what he should look for in GM/Coach and that is all, he is not on any committee.....  So Texans full of crap as usual.....

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, elfenix said:

i'm glad i have 0 emotional involvement in this "football" team

holy shit what an asskicking

Evidently you’re not the only one.  CBS in Austin instead showed the KC-Miami game.  Maybe there was a reason they didn’t show the Texans, beyond KC-Miami being a better draw.  Just didn’t care to look into it

• Hook 'Em 1

Evidently you’re not the only one.  CBS in Austin instead showed the KC-Miami game.  Maybe there was a reason they didn’t show the Texans, beyond KC-Miami being a better draw.  Just didn’t care to look into it

I guess we are back to that stage where they don’t even show them anymore. Fine with me. I streamed it for a while, it looks like the team has quit. Complete train wreck of a franchise.

Coaches have come and gone...Can't miss draft picks have come and gone, some of them putting up Hall of Fame stats...GMs have come and gone, and franchise QBs, and Super Bowl winning coaches and coordinators, and year after year, the Texans suck.

What's the one thing all those teams have in common? McNair family ownership. This franchise will go nowhere until the team is sold, and knowing their ineptitude, the McNairs would probably find a way to sell it to even worse owners than they are. 

Shit, Bud Adams was an asshole and his teams always choked, but at least they were entertaining and actually felt like they were of Houston, not just a team in Houston. And that franchise has been better the last 20 years than this mullet squad, the bunch we brought to town after Bob Lanier and Houston voters effectively fired Adams.

Classic example of that adage about being careful what you wish for...

(My NFL fandom left with Bud and the Oilers and for years, intensifying after they passed over VY, I've pulled for whatever team is playing the Texans on any given weekend. I almost feel like a Patriots fan or something -- my team always wins the big game and wins more than they lose overall.)

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/11/2020 at 8:55 AM, TexasGrunt said:

I was wasting time on Youtube, another hard day at work.  😀  I ran across Dan Patrick interview of Tony Dungy from yesterday.  (Sorry no link)  Dan asked him about his involvement on the committee to hire new GM/Coach.  Tony said he only received a call from Cal asking what he should look for in GM/Coach and that is all, he is not on any committee.....  So Texans full of crap as usual.....

On 12/11/2020 at 10:50 AM, Updawg said:

Damn. Sounds like they threw out the committee bs ahead of time to deflect this. I’ve barely watched this season. If Jack is still around my interest will only decrease. What a joke

apparently the email didn't say it was a committee, that was something the media read into it and ran with. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Coaches have come and gone...Can't miss draft picks have come and gone, some of them putting up Hall of Fame stats...GMs have come and gone, and franchise QBs, and Super Bowl winning coaches and coordinators, and year after year, the Texans suck.

What's the one thing all those teams have in common? McNair family ownership. This franchise will go nowhere until the team is sold, and knowing their ineptitude, the McNairs would probably find a way to sell it to even worse owners than they are. 

Shit, Bud Adams was an asshole and his teams always choked, but at least they were entertaining and actually felt like they were of Houston, not just a team in Houston. And that franchise has been better the last 20 years than this mullet squad, the bunch we brought to town after Bob Lanier and Houston voters effectively fired Adams.

(My NFL fandom left with Bud and the Oilers and for years, intensifying after they passed over VY, I've pulled for whatever team is playing the Texans on any given weekend. I almost feel like a Patriots fan or something -- my team always wins the big game and wins more than they lose overall.)

You should find better ways to spend your remaining time on this Earth than tying your fandom to a raccoon toupee and trolling fans of the current Houston franchise. 

10 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Wow. You're so brave. I wish I was intelligent enough to come troll team threads with such daring, insightful takes as yours.

You're totally right, though. What kind of a loser, suckass franchise only has 6 division titles and 4 playoff wins in the past 10 seasons? Holy shit that is absolute dregs of the NFL, isn't it? I wish we could be as awesome and perennially competitive as teams like the Dallas Cowboys and Cincinatti Bengals.

5 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Louis Riddick one of folks to interview for GM per ESPN scroll...

Football Scoop...

Louis Riddick: ESPN Monday Night Football analyst Louis Riddick is interviewing for the Texans GM job today, will interview for the Lions vacant position tomorrow, and Jacksonville has expressed an interest in interviewing him, but has nothing on the books at this time, Adam Schefter tweets.

15 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

This better be just to satisfy Rooney Rule requirements 

I hope not. But I wouldn't be surprised with this organization. Hopefully they save the 'obligatory' interviews for young coaches who need the experience. 

Caldwell is not my first or second choice, but he a respectable NFL coach. He got the Lions to the playoffs twice in four seasons. Dude got fired after a 9-7 season. Patricia would still be coaching if he had that kind of record.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

I hope not. But I wouldn't be surprised with this organization. Hopefully they save the 'obligatory' interviews for young coaches who need the experience. 

Caldwell is not my first or second choice, but he a respectable NFL coach. He got the Lions to the playoffs twice in four seasons. Dude got fired after a 9-7 season. Patricia would still be coaching if he had that kind of record.

Agree with both sentiments - will be pissed if Caldwell ends up being the Texans’ next coach, but he absolutely got a raw deal in Detroit...

• Hook 'Em 1