2020 - 2021 Dallas Mavericks: That motherfu*ker in Dallas is coming

CBT

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

didn't see the game but 21 point lead in 1Q to a 5 point win.  maybe it wasn't that close.  a wins a win though.

They fucked around but never came all that close to finding out.  They were one possession away from possibly finding out on a couple of occasions, but they got buckets when they needed them.

Malik beasley caught fire in the fourth and kp started doing bad kp things. They got to within 3 twice but then Luka said gimme the ball and scored 11 points in 6 minutes. So it did get close and I got worried because we are very WTA with energy and giving up leads but Luka saved the day.

12 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

They gave up 45 points in the 4th quarter to the T-Wolves without KAT or DLo.

Took their foot off the gas I guess. 

I was juuuuust about to change to channel with the Mavs on cruise control then bam, it was single digits and then after 2 bad turnovers for the Mavs (Jr High level bad passes) near half court it got interesting 

11 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

Malik beasley caught fire in the fourth and kp started doing bad kp things. They got to within 3 twice but then Luka said gimme the ball and scored 11 points in 6 minutes. So it did get close and I got worried because we are very WTA with energy and giving up leads but Luka saved the day.

Beasley was extra motivated last night.  He got sentenced to 120 days in jail this morning.

13 hours ago, Post Oak said:

Good for Mark. It's a stupid tradition and it needs to die.

Absolutely. It's now played for every single damn event we have. I even hear it at pee wee games. Youth events. Been ran into the ground and now it's just politicized and used to stir the pot. I would love to see it gone completely but if you feel you must, leave it for big events like opening day and championship games. That's it. We don't need to trot someone out to every fucking sporting event in this country to sing this before every game. Pointless. I wish more would take the same stance Mark does.

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Absolutely. It's now played for every single damn event we have. I even hear it at pee wee games. Youth events. Been ran into the ground and now it's just politicized and used to stir the pot. I would love to see it gone completely but if you feel you must, leave it for big events like opening day and championship games. That's it. We don't need to trot someone out to every fucking sporting event in this country to sing this before every game. Pointless. I wish more would take the same stance Mark does.

When it was " played at every single damn event we have", it was NOT being " politicized and used to stir the pot". Cuban's decision is exactly being " politicized and used to stir the pot" .

How can you possibly not understand that?

You're either incredibly stupid or just being intentionally obtuse. Either way, you should be ashamed. 

If you don't like it and think we should have something else instead, that's an opinion. Your statement above is just willfully ignorant. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, DoobieWah said:

When it was " played at every single damn event we have", it was NOT being " politicized and used to stir the pot". Cuban's decision is exactly being " politicized and used to stir the pot" .

You're either incredibly stupid or just being intentionally obtuse. Either way, you should be ashamed. 

If you don't like it and think we should have something else instead, that's an opinion. Your statement above is just willfully ignorant. 

So something you agree with is not politicized but something you disagree with is objectionable because it is politicized? Mmmmkay

1 hour ago, DoobieWah said:

He probably can’t understand that because it’s not true.

1 hour ago, DoobieWah said:

Playing it is not politicized but not playing it is politicized? Awesome. I love double standards.

Didn't they start playing the national anthem after the war ended  to garner up support and to show your patriotism at baseball games? I mean that is the definition of politicized to me.

And it is 100% politicized today no matter what the past was. That is a fact. If you want to deny it, that's fine. Doesn't make it less true.

This worship of a song has always been weird to me.

12 home games in and people just noticed?  Nothing says patriotism like pawns being retroactively manipulated into faux outrage over something not effecting their lives in any manner.  Right up there with Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas.  If you didn't notice for months until somebody else commanded you to be upset, you don't really have a seat at the table, you're the one who busses the table afterwards.  

14 minutes ago, Lobo said:

12 home games in and people just noticed?  Nothing says patriotism like pawns being retroactively manipulated into faux outrage over something not effecting their lives in any manner.  Right up there with Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas.  If you didn't notice for months until somebody else commanded you to be upset, you don't really have a seat at the table, you're the one who busses the table afterwards.  

They had not had fans at any of the games up until Monday when they let in 1,500 vaccinated health workers.

Weren't the games on TV?  Not sure about Mavs broadcasts, but I know many teams/networks that typically show the national anthem before a game/match on TV for millions to see.    Weren't there team staffers, opposing team's staff, and venue employees that noticed it and could have tweeted it out or told friends/relatives/coworkers/neighbors?  There had to be at least 100 people in the building for each game.  That's 1,200 people for 12 games (granted, many of them there multiple times).  Probably a social media network of 50x that amount?  And nobody got wind of it?  I think people got wind of it and just didn't know to be upset until they were commanded to do so.  

U can thank whitney houston for the litany of guest anthem singers. Tbh Carl Lewis should have ended that tradition.

Baseball did the 7th inning stretch with god bless america after 9/11. Overkill imo.

I wish they'd just do a recording of the us army band and just play that. 

It became a stupid spectacle instead of just a 2 min remembrance of sacrifices of people made for a great country that has brought a lot of freedom to the world.

9 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Weren't the games on TV?  Not sure about Mavs broadcasts, but I know many teams/networks that typically show the national anthem before a game/match on TV for millions to see.    Weren't there team staffers, opposing team's staff, and venue employees that noticed it and could have tweeted it out or told friends/relatives/coworkers/neighbors?  There had to be at least 100 people in the building for each game.  That's 1,200 people for 12 games (granted, many of them there multiple times).  Probably a social media network of 50x that amount?  And nobody got wind of it?  I think people got wind of it and just didn't know to be upset until they were commanded to do so.  

No one is being commanded. They can care or not.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

for regular season games, they never show the anthem on TV.  The public needs to know that Ben Abbott & Associates are the official ambulance chaser of the Dallas Mavericks.  

I really don't care.  If I am at a game and the anthem is played, I stand up and sing.  If i am in the concourse buying a beer pre-kick/tip and it comes on the monitor, i keep going about my bidness and more often than not, no one screams at me for hating the troops. 

It's so fucking stupid that the standard to be a 'patriot' is have the flag tattooed on your cock.  Anything short of that mean you love China and are a commie.

5 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

for regular season games, they never show the anthem on TV.  The public needs to know that Ben Abbott & Associates are the official ambulance chaser of the Dallas Mavericks.  

I really don't care.  If I am at a game and the anthem is played, I stand up and sing.  If i am in the concourse buying a beer pre-kick/tip and it comes on the monitor, i keep going about my bidness and more often than not, no one screams at me for hating the troops. 

It's so fucking stupid that the standard to be a 'patriot' is have the flag tattooed on your cock.  Anything short of that mean you love China and are a commie.

Right. I usually stop if outside and stand if inside. But if someone is sitting or walking around I dont really care although it would be nice if they did stop/stand and remember. 

Yeah, I follow my dad's lead from when I was a kid (he was a U.S. Navy vet  from the early Vietnam era).  If the anthem is played, stand up straight, that's it.  You don't have to do anything with your hands, you don't have to sing.  None of that shit means anything, it's just window dressing.  But stop moving and/or stand up.  For the very simple reason, there are likely veterans around you and it's not even so much to show them your patriotism, but for the very simple reason that it likely brings them a moment of solace, even happiness to see young people around them showing their service, a little slice of respect.  So that's why I stand and why my daughters stand at UT events.  But if I never heard the anthem at a sporting event ever again, I don't know a veteran that would give a solitary fuck.  

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, I follow my dad's lead from when I was a kid (he was a U.S. Navy vet  from the early Vietnam era).  If the anthem is played, stand up straight, that's it.  You don't have to do anything with your hands, you don't have to sing.  None of that shit means anything, it's just window dressing.  But stop moving and/or stand up.  For the very simple reason, there are likely veterans around you and it's not even so much to show them your patriotism, but for the very simple reason that it likely brings them a moment of solace, even happiness to see young people around them showing their service, a little slice of respect.  So that's why I stand and why my daughters stand at UT events.  But if I never heard the anthem at a sporting event ever again, I don't know a veteran that would give a solitary fuck.  

Yeah. Those folks have perspective. It's not that big a deal but if they play it why not be respectful for 2 min. Remove the hat if you can see the flag was the only rule I was told.

That made me laugh, I remember he said something about that...if you can see flag, you stop moving and get quiet.  Unless he was finishing a beer or Lucky Strike cigarette, that didn't count.....'cause you know...'Nam.  

My dad was career USAF and I grew up overseas, hearing it all the time. Every time AFN started/ended their broadcast day; before any event on base. Shit, they play it at the movies before the film starts. I remember the first time I went to a movie after we came back to the States, I told my dad "Uhh, do they not do the anthem here?". He laughed.

Having said that, I don't think it's a huge deal to play it or not. Each venue should make their own decision on whether or not to do it. The whole argument feels like a waste of energy.

10 minutes ago, Lobo said:

That made me laugh, I remember he said something about that...if you can see flag, you stop moving and get quiet.  Unless he was finishing a beer or Lucky Strike cigarette, that didn't count.....'cause you know...'Nam.  

shit having the freedom to drink beer and smoke 'em when you got 'em is fucking important and the 90% of the reason to fight the damn war.

45 minutes ago, RexWilson said:

Have an ASL interpreter sign the song with no music. 

you don't think an ASL interpreter can become a spectacle?  sometimes I think half of this shit is just made up on the spot and the deaf people are going "what the fuck are they saying?"

On 2/6/2021 at 10:13 PM, dcar00 said:

Doncic was unbelievable.  they are going to need that every game. needed that win.

And then he played 3rd fiddle the next game...until the last 6 minutes at least, lol.

On 2/9/2021 at 8:20 AM, LurkingHorn said:

To their credit, they've won 3 out of the last 4. Looking ahead for the rest of the first half of the season, they only have 1 more back-to-back and they're both at home. 

Been saying for 2 weeks. The 2nd half of this part of the schedule is easy as shit.  They can rack up some wins if they get healthy and gel(even when they were started getting healthy it takes time to recover from Covid). Let's see what they look like by Feb 20th or so before we say they're garbage and should blow it all up.

Also, I don't give a shit if they play the anthem or don't to be honest.