Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread

Landomatic

4 minutes ago, HonorableJudgeSmails said:

you're projecting that I'm projecting...poor thing

What's the clinical term for boasting about a losing season?  How much of a loser would you have to be to boast about one of your 5 wins in a 5-7 season...

You're an aggie, dude.  Heh.

ImperturbableRedAmericanbulldog-mobile.m

imagine being such a simpleton that you actually interpreted my post making fun of the fact that someone was boasting about baker mayfield's 2015 season when he lost to a 5-7, charlie strong coached texas team as boasting about texas.

7 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Who Cares Larry David GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Oh, yeah you do.  Don't even bother pretending you wouldn't give your left nut to have some of those conference titles OU wins every year.

I was there at the 2018 Big XII title game in Arlington...I've never seen texas fans want a win so bad in my life.

Their faces when Kyler threw that last TD to Calc were hilarious...just pure, unfiltered agony, n'est-ce pas?

• Fuck You 8

Just now, sidis said:

ImperturbableRedAmericanbulldog-mobile.m

imagine being such a simpleton that you actually interpreted my post making fun of the fact that someone was boasting about baker mayfield's 2015 season when he lost to a 5-7, charlie strong coached texas team as boasting about texas.

Well, you posted a pic of the celebration, mensa

too easy

• Fuck You 6

Just now, HonorableJudgeSmails said:

no cookie necessary, being the gold standard for the conference feels pretty good

Hopefully, OU will eventually climb that Clemson/Bama mountain. . .right now, they are not even close I'm afraid.

Just now, HonorableJudgeSmails said:

Oh, yeah you do.  Don't even bother pretending you wouldn't give your left nut to have some of those conference titles OU wins every year.

I was there at the 2018 Big XII title game in Arlington...I've never seen texas fans want a win so bad in my life.

Their faces when Kyler threw that last TD to Calc were hilarious...just pure, unfiltered agony, n'est-ce pas?

Look at what I replied to.  Nobody here gives a single fuck about how you feel about conference titles or whether you'll ever reach the heights of Clemson or Bama.  

You're right though we definitely wanted that game worse than the 2010 Rose Bowl.  You nailed it.

2 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Look at what I replied to.  Nobody here gives a single fuck about how you feel about conference titles or whether you'll ever reach the heights of Clemson or Bama.  

You're right though we definitely wanted that game worse than the 2010 Rose Bowl.  You nailed it.

not to be picky, but I said texas fans wanted that game more than any game I've seen

I wasn't there in pasadena to see you get boat-raced by Bama

• Fuck You 12

56 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Their schedule makes a tee ball team of paraplegics look like MLB all-stars. It's beyond sad. 

They've only beaten 1 team with a winning record: the Colts.

The 8 wins have come against teams with a combined record of 26-53-3 (30.5%).
The 3 losses have come against teams with combined record of 23-10 (70%). 

• 11-0 Pittsburgh beat them 38-7.
  • 6-5 Baltimore beat them 38-6
  • 6-5 Raiders beat them 16-6

They suck.

Edited by boilerhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, boilerhorn said:

They suck.

Yeah, they're paper Tigers. They're fucking terrible. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, boilerhorn said:

They suck.

Yep, and about those wins...that's 8 wins by 52 points combined.

• Hook 'Em 1

so many hurt feelings

Fun facts:

OU has won 5 of the last 7 decades

50's - OU

60's - texas (coached by a Sooner)

70's - OU

80's - OU

90's - texas

00's - OU

10's - OU

20's - OU leading of course, 1-0

OU has earned a better bowl birth over texas in 19 of the last 21 years (fucking hell, how are you pussies even a rival...get fucking better)

This century, EVERY SINGLE OU four-year player has at least 2 Big XII championship rings.  ZERO 4-year texas players in history have 2 Big XII title rings.  ZERO.

I'd stay and gig you soy boys some more, but you're just not relevant enough for me to care.

Quit waving around dildos like a bunch of fucking pussies and get better...and then, I might consider engaging again.  Peace.

Edited by HonorableJudgeSmails
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 3

We're a rival because we own you, regardless of conference championships. Your "sooner" fucking hated ou, anyway. Not to mention you retards aren't even competitive against anyone with a pulse outside of the conference. You're a regional power, nothing more. Hell, Texas has a better bowl record and more recent championship than meth u. 

7 minutes ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

This may sound crazy, but Mayfield is probably the best QB drafted by the Browns since Brian Sipe in 1972.

Bernie Kosar  would like to say hello...  he lead Cleveland to a 12-4 finish in  his 2nd season and a Divisional playoff win over the Jets. Only "The Drive" by John Elway kept the Browns out of the SuperBowl.

They made 2 AFC CCG's in a row and 3 in 4 years under Kosar.

6 minutes ago, slorch said:

Bernie Kosar  would like to say hello...  he lead Cleveland to a 12-4 finish in  his 2nd season and a Divisional playoff win over the Jets. Only "The Drive" by John Elway kept the Browns out of the SuperBowl.

They made 2 AFC CCG's in a row and 3 in 4 years under Kosar.

14 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Bernie.

Kosar is definitely better so far, but he was a really weird supplemental pick. He basically chose them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernie_Kosar

NFL draft controversy

Under National Football League (NFL) rules at the time, only seniors and graduates could be drafted. Kosar, who was scheduled to graduate over the summer from the University of Miami's business school with a double major in finance and economics, had two years of college eligibility remaining.

In 1985 underclassmen had until April 15 to notify the league about their eligibility for the April 30 regular draft. In January 1985, a Florida television report stated that Kosar had decided to forgo his two years of eligibility and declare for the NFL Draft. Kosar denied the report at the time, but added that he would keep his options open. At a March 15 news conference, Kosar announced that he would make himself available for the 1985 NFL Draft and that he would like to play for the Cleveland Browns in his native Ohio. After the announcement, both NFL and United States Football League teams were interested and Kosar's agent, John Geletka, even met with the USFL's commissioner, Harry Usher to confirm the USFL's interest level.

The Buffalo Bills held the first pick in the 1985 NFL Draft and signed defensive end Bruce Smith out of Virginia Tech weeks before the draft. On April 9, 1985, Mike Lynn, the general manager of the Minnesota Vikings traded two picks to the Houston Oilers to move up to the second spot in the draft in preparation of Kosar's announcement that he would enter the draft.

Later on the same day, Cleveland traded their first round picks in the 1985 NFL Draft (#7) and 1986 NFL Draft, their third round pick in 1985 (#63) and their sixth round pick in 1986 to the Buffalo Bills for their first round pick in the 1986 NFL Draft. Since the Bills had the worst record in the 1984 season, they held the first pick in both the regular NFL draft and the supplemental draft in 1985. When a selection is used in the supplemental draft, that team forfeits the pick in the next regular draft which meant that the Browns could use the Bills 1986 regular draft first round pick as the first pick in the 1985 supplemental draft.

On April 10, NFL spokesman Joe Browne said that if Kosar's paperwork was not received by the April 15 deadline then he would not be eligible for the regular draft on April 30. Browne added that if Kosar later decided to play in the 1985 season, then the league would hold a supplemental draft for Kosar and other eligible players.

Minnesota responded by stating that when Kosar announced he would turn professional, he was, in effect, declaring his intention to enter the draft. They claimed the Browns and Kosar's agent orchestrated this scenario in order to subvert the NFL's orderly system of drafting players and claim Kosar for themselves. Mike Lynn also stated that since Kosar had hired an agent, he should have automatically lost his college eligibility and become eligible for the regular draft. The Oilers threatened to sue the NFL if Kosar was allowed to skip the regular draft in favor of the supplemental draft and Kosar's agent threatened to sue the NFL if Kosar was forced into the regular draft.

Due to the controversy, on April 12, commissioner Pete Rozelle extended the April 15 eligibility deadline for Kosar alone (who had not officially filed the paperwork for draft eligibility) and called a hearing that would take place on April 16. The four teams (Buffalo, Cleveland, Houston and Minnesota) involved in the two trades presented their case at the hearing.

On April 23, Rozelle announced that he would leave the decision up to Kosar, but permitted Minnesota to persuade Kosar to enter the regular draft with the condition that they could not negotiate a potential contract with him. This led to an April 25 news conference where Kosar announced that he wanted to go home to Ohio as a member of the Cleveland Browns and that he would forgo the regular NFL Draft and make himself eligible for the supplemental draft. On May 10, Kosar officially announced his intentions for the supplemental draft in a letter to the commissioner. On June 25, Kosar became officially eligible for the supplemental draft when he took his exam finals and the university notified the NFL front office that he had graduated. On July 3, 1985, the Browns selected Kosar and signed him to a five-year contract.

Edited by J.R. Juniors Junior Jr.
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

This may sound crazy, but Mayfield is probably the best QB drafted by the Browns since Brian Sipe in 1972.

When i tell my boys about Brian Sipe and Ozzie Newsome and the Dawg Pound... they always stop me,   "Wait.  The Browns were good?"

Yes.  Those teams were fun to watch. Then later with Bernie, Ernest Byner. Kevin Mack. Clay Matthews( the one who wasn't a pussy) Frank Minnifield...there were plenty of great players on those Browns teams in the late 80's

Edited by slorch

15 minutes ago, slorch said:

When i tell my boys about Brian Sipe and Ozzie Newsome and the Dawg Pound... they always stop me,   "Wait.  The Browns were good?"

Yes.  Those teams were fun to watch. Then later with Bernie, Ernest Byner. Kevin Mack. Clay Matthews( the one who wasn't a pussy) Frank Minnifield...there were plenty of great players on those Browns teams in the late 80's

I still say that Karlis missed that FG.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, cerebralcortex said:

Have lurked for a long time, commenting for the first time for this I guess lol. 

Trey Sermon transferred to OSU because Boulware treated him like crap and played mind games. Players didn’t like him at all. He was fired. Wouldn’t be shocked if Texas players experience the same from him now. 

That was my assumption. Is there reporting on this?

34 minutes ago, quigley said:

That was my assumption. Is there reporting on this?

I couldn’t find anything on it just now in my initial digging, I’m more so just aware of the situation being that I’m a part of that fan base. If I find further reporting I’ll post here.   

Edited by cerebralcortex

Jay Boulware was hired at Texas in January— Sermon didn’t hit the portal until March. Demarco Murray was hired in January. FFS,  If Riley and Murray wanted to keep Sermon and couldn’t that’s on them. Recruiting him should’ve been as easy as getting rid of Boulware if it was about Boulware, right? 

OU fans can hate on Boulware and with good reason (I get it) but Demarco Murray was a terrible hire and is the worst coach on their staff (outside of Wiley). He’s made several terrible choices in offer/non-offer/pursuit and had some disastrously bad gaffes that cost OU with secondary and tertiary guys. 

43 minutes ago, cerebralcortex said:

Players didn’t like him at all. 

The Arizona RBs hated Murray with the heat of 1,000 suns and told every trainer, recruit, and coach who would listen. He killed their production with terrible rotations, favored size over production/skill, and played favorites with guys he was “bros” with. He’s a bad hire. I hope he and Bennie Wylie stay forever. 

quigley is a Sooner fan, btw 

6 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Jay Boulware was hired at Texas in January— Sermon didn’t hit the portal until March. Demarco Murray was hired in January. FFS,  If Riley and Murray wanted to keep Sermon and couldn’t that’s on them. Recruiting him should’ve been as easy as getting rid of Boulware if it was about Boulware, right? 

OU fans can hate on Boulware and with good reason (I get it) but Demarco Murray was a terrible hire and is the worst coach on their staff (outside of Wiley). He’s made several terrible choices in offer/non-offer/pursuit and had some disastrously bad gaffes that cost OU with secondary and tertiary guys. 

The Arizona RBs hated Murray with the heat of 1,000 suns and told every trainer, recruit, and coach who would listen. He killed their production with terrible rotations, favored size over production/skill, and played favorites with guys he was “bros” with. He’s a bad hire. I hope he and Bennie Wylie stay forever. 

quigley is a Sooner fan, btw 

🤷‍♀️ All I can tell ya is what I’ve consistently heard / go based off what the players have been tweeting @ Boulware (not just Baker). 

• immamac changed the title to Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread