Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

7 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

Dude owned Leach.  Washington St points scored vs UW:

2014: 13 (lowest point total for WSU that year)

2015: 10 (lowest point total for WSU that year)

2016: 17 (2nd lowest point total for WSU that year)

2017: 14 (2nd lowest point total for WSU that year)

2018: 15 (lowest point total for WSU that year)

2019: 13 (lowest point total for WSU that year)

Also held Sark to 12 in his last game at USC which was only the 2nd time held under 20 while he was there (Stanford in '14)

• Hook 'Em 2

Smart of the pilot to enter Texas airspace at Dalhart. The more Panhandle you fly over, the better Austin looks. 
No offense, Nicole. 

I want to be mad about this, but I live in the panhandle, and you can’t argue with the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

Smart of the pilot to enter Texas airspace at Dalhart. The more Panhandle you fly over, the better Austin looks. 
No offense, Nicole. 

I want to be mad about this, but I live in the panhandle, and you can’t argue with the truth.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I’m with others that have said it but if this is the guy I hope the last staff member is a rain maker type for the defense such as a Lupoi or Raymond. 

Imo they can put Gideon at ILB or S coach and work directly with this coach k. 

When you think about the defense we're most likely to be in with 5/6 DBs on the field at a time then 3 coaches with experience at the position isn't far fetched IMO

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I’m with others that have said it but if this is the guy I hope the last staff member is a rain maker type for the defense such as a Lupoi or Raymond. 

Lupoi to Washington makes sense after this news. 

• Hook 'Em 1

No offense, Nicole. 

• Hook 'Em 1

No offense, Nicole. 

No offense, Nicole. 

No offense, Nicole. 

8 minutes ago, Mrtrt said:

5 minutes ago, Mrtrt said:

4 minutes ago, Mrtrt said:

4 minutes ago, Mrtrt said:

I’m mad about this.......

Edited by TexasTroll
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Wonder if IT, 247, OB were told not to say anything.  Haven't heard a peep from any of them on this.

No - if they knew anything about this they would have reported it as soon as TFB released it.  Everyone is still in the dark and even TFB (SuperK) deleted the tweet that said it was a done deal. 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

UW fans seem to be a-okay with losing Gregory, unlike the loss of PK, should both happen. I know of Kwiatkowski, but very little about Gregory. 

You obviously know there is nothing official about any assistant yet. I’ve been wondering if the delay in announcing the staff is related to the job posting rules. If so, it seems like that expires any day now. I know the HC role is exempt from that rule but maybe assistants are not. 

Bob Gregory is a very experienced coach, former DC at Cal (you knew it was coming...) under Tedford.  Mellow, quiet, not much of a recruiter but a very good positional coach

So as i read it, Coack K was the DC for Petersen at Bosie St and then UW since 2010.  Same for DB coach Jimmy Lake.  Jimmy was coach K's protege but his name was on the rise so to keep him he was promoted to co DC for 2018-2019.  Then Jimmy got promoted to HC.  That might explain why coach K would consider leaving a school that didn't reward his work.  Or it could just be as simple as another cool million.  Either way it will be interesting to see how Jimmy does without his safety blanket/teacher.  Even if it was Jimmy picking the DB talent there is no doubt Pete is the brains of that D.    I hope Sark can close the deal.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, RollLeft said:

So as i read it, Coack K was the DC for Petersen at Bosie St and then UW since 2010.  Same for DB coach Jimmy Lake.  Jimmy was coach K's protege but his name was on the rise so to keep him he was promoted to co DC for 2018-2019.  Then Jimmy got promoted to HC.  That might explain why coach K would consider leaving a school that didn't reward his work.  Or it could just be as simple as another cool million.  Either way it will be interesting to see how Jimmy does without his safety blanket/teacher.  Even if it was Jimmy picking the DB talent there is no doubt Pete is the brains of that D.    I hope Sark can close the deal.

Sounds like PK fire advocated for promoting Jimmy Lake to co-DC so I don't think he's pissed about that. I'm not even sure this guy wants to be a head coach. He might just like the idea of coaching at Texas and doubling his salary.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Wonder if IT, 247, OB were told not to say anything.  Haven't heard a peep from any of them on this.

I think they all knew there was a mystery candidate but those three only rely on their local sources. TFB when they heard about an unnamed candidate dug around their west coast sources and found out before everyone else. Props to them 

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Literally nothing about the assistants is official yet. But yeah it's still just the TFB and UDub 247 stuff re: PK.

yeah, I’d really like to see some more confirmation on this. Super K deleted his tweet saying it was a done deal, so hopefully they didn’t jump the gun. I’m sure PK has heard plenty of dirt on Sark being at UW and he hasn’t been too interested in leaving UW before. 

On the other hand, I don’t think TFB is big enough to be used by an agent to get a raise for PJ. Really hope this is legit. 

20 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

this is a joke, right? If those fuckers knew anything, there’s no way they’d stay quiet. 

19 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

PK has never coached both ILB and OLB and Gideon has never coached ILBs. You don’t just start throwing guys around making them coach positions they’ve never coached before. Coaching comes first, recruiting comes second. 

2 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

it will also be interesting to see how PK does without Lake. Lake is undoubtedly an elite DB coach and a lot of UW’s best players were secondary guys. If their’s any negative about a potential PK hire, it’s that we haven’t seen him without Lake in a long time. I still think he’s great, but it is something to watch. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Sark is probably a top three OC at worst. Sounds like PK might be a top five DC.

I think we have the coordinating down, just need to fill in the roster with elite talent. 

I'm pretty sure the final spot will be an off the ball backers coach, whether that's the Washington guy or some west linebackers coaching lord. I doubt it's Hutzler, because I think Sark would have kept him around since presumably he knew about his plans to hire Kwiat before the last couple of days

Very strong initial staff. I think Gideon is more than fine at safety, and while some seem to not be a fan of Joseph at CBs (especially compared to Raymond, Ansley, and Scott), he's at the very least a big improvement over Valai 

• Hook 'Em 4

The Washington guy, Bob Gregory, seems to be very heavy on the on the field (teaching/scheming) aspect of LB coaching, although his recruiting ability is unclear to me. If Sark/Kwiak want him, then I won't bitch about it

• Hook 'Em 1