2021 transfer thread

Machinator

1 hour ago, mantis toboggan said:

Is no one here going to attempt the mental gymnastics needed to reconcile the quitters comment from Sark and being allowed do withdraw from the portal to rejoin the team?

As noted by others, we don't know if Sark will allow him to rejoin the team. But we also take kids from the transfer portal. They are "quitters" as to their former team. So he clearly doesn't have firm a "no quitters" rule.

6 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

As noted by others, we don't know if Sark will allow him to rejoin the team. But we also take kids from the transfer portal. They are "quitters" as to their former team. So he clearly doesn't have firm a "no quitters" rule.

I mean fucking Jaydon Blue straight-up quit on his whole school going into his SR year and then Sarkisian went to the Houston Touchdown Club luncheon and indirectly equivocated for the guy's behavior. Whatever happens, I'm not sure why anyone should be willing to die on the "but Sark publicly said...!" hill for any reason. He's been around some of the best coachspeakers in history and he's an admitted addict. He's probably one of the best easy liars talking to the media from the CFB world today. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

This is all good news. Smart has reached the point where he's going full mercenary without concern for character on any level. It's always worked out so well for the pro teams in the different leagues when they try to patchwork together a championship contender through mercenaries. For every Marlins 1997 team someone can point to, there are like 30 NY Mets, LA Dodger, and NY Jets teams that stand in opposition to the merits. 

Gilbert has addiction and academic issues. He's also, apparently, not a great guy.

The dipshit that Clemson booted is pure cancer. The scenario in which Clemson cuts that guy loose and Georgia goes out and signs him exemplifies both programs simultaneously to a T. Swinney will use his presence this fall when they play Georgia as the fulcrum upon which his team's season must be levered. Kirby Smart will stand on the sidelines with a thousand yard stare and wonder what happened. This is my fantasy, at least. 

Yeah the Kendrick situation is bizarre. Multiple people close to the program said his dismissal would be addition by subtraction because he was such a cancer. He's also not good. He gets absolutely torched against any competent passing game, and he hates tackling. LSU went after him every time they had a third and long. His effort last year against OSU was even more pathetic. 

As for Gilbert, the LSU fans think he won't be eligible this year, but I'm guessing Kirby will get it figured out 

3 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

As for Gilbert, the LSU fans think he won't be eligible this year, but I'm guessing Kirby will get it figured out 

The rest of the SEC was surprised when they got Pickens eligible 

• Rage+1 1

Yeah the Kendrick situation is bizarre. Multiple people close to the program said his dismissal would be addition by subtraction because he was such a cancer. He's also not good. He gets absolutely torched against any competent passing game, and he hates tackling. LSU went after him every time they had a third and long. His effort last year against OSU was even more pathetic. 

Yeah, they will. Idk if there are ncaa bylaws preventing it, but I knew a guy that went to zero classes his first college semester, was not invited to return, and enrolled at a public university the following year with only hs transcripts and test scores. He didn’t transfer, just enrolled as a freshman. If he initially got into swamp aggy, I see no reason he wouldn’t get into uga
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Why is Loy so relevant to us this cycle? He broke Maalik, this, Gatorade, Cheeks stuff, and early to’o to’o. Weird.

He was always tweeting positive stuff about Terry Joseph when he was at ND.

He may have a relationship with Joseph. 

• Hook 'Em 2

50 minutes ago, maninblack said:

I wonder if Trey Sanders will portal as well. As it stands now, he would likely be their 4th string running back. I know it was injuries that set him back but you have to wonder if he wants a fresh start somewhere else. 

42 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I wonder if Trey Sanders will portal as well. As it stands now, he would likely be their 4th string running back. I know it was injuries that set him back but you have to wonder if he wants a fresh start somewhere else. 

Ask LotusHorn.

• Hook 'Em 1

Roach

Spoiler

— As we reported earlier today, Tulsa transfer candidate Akayleb Evans was on campus for an official visit.  According to a source I spoke with, the visit couldn't have gone better from the Texas perspective.  Evans did take an official trip, but I'm not sure he's going to stay the entire 48 hours allowed on a visit.  I'm told he wants to get his trips in as quickly as possible so he can make a decision.  I was told that some schools were worried about Texas going into the visits, but Notre Dame and Missouri should be formidable opponents.

• Like 1

Farrell on Evans: https://n.rivals.com/news/rumor-mill-transfer-tracker-31

Akayleb Evans released his top five of Texas, Missouri, Notre Dame, Texas Tech and Jackson State over the weekend, and the Tulsa defensive back has been very popular since hitting the portal. Jackson State was the one surprise in the group, as it was expected that Nebraska would fill out his five, and Deion Sanders' team was considered a long shot.

So now what happens with Evans? He continues to be very quiet about his plans, with Texas considered the leader by most. In fact, he took a visit to Texas on June 1, the first day he could, and things went well. Notre Dame could get the next visit and that could be key, but keep an eye on Missouri here as the Tigers have picked up some momentum.

Evans’ relationship with assistant coach Aaron Fletcher, one of his former coaches at Tulsa who is now at Mizzou, is strong and will definitely play a big part in his decision. Evans’ defensive backfield teammate at Tulsa, Allie Green, has been rumored to be a package deal with Evans but I’m not sure that’s the case as a few schools I’ve talked to haven’t offered Green. This is where Jackson State and Deion would be interesting. Stay tuned.

So, here's what's going to happen:

• We're going to take 1 RB in 2022. They'll push for Miller or Citizen with Gatson as the backup. Blue will likely be the consolation prize for aggy or swamp aggy, but he won't be in the class.
  • We have space for 2 more transfers and Ingram's backfill will be one of them. Bradford or Robinson both fit that billing and are realistic options as Bradford has familiarity with Texas and Robinson has familiarity with the staff. From a needs perspective, I think Bradford would be preferred, but we don't know that for sure.

16 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

So, here's what's going to happen:

• We're going to take 1 RB in 2022. They'll push for Miller or Citizen with Gatson as the backup. Blue will likely be the consolation prize for aggy or swamp aggy, but he won't be in the class.
  • We have space for 2 more transfers and Ingram's backfill will be one of them. Bradford or Robinson both fit that billing and are realistic options as Bradford has familiarity with Texas and Robinson has familiarity with the staff. From a needs perspective, I think Bradford would be preferred, but we don't know that for sure.

OU is getting Bradford 

On 6/1/2021 at 7:07 AM, LTtxfan said:

Coaches leaving and taking several players from their former team with them to their new team is not good for CFB.  

If my count is right, Kansas just received 6 Buffalo transfers

I've been wondering what all will happen under the new transfer rules with a coaching change.  

Build a great P5 program, get a better gig, and transfer the team over with you.  I was expecting this type of thing to happen for the star QB to transfer in to be part and parcel of the HC's new job but I apparently I need to think in broader terms.

What happens when 20+ kids transfer out after a coaching change? Do you get an exception to the 25 annual slots? If not that could take a few seasons to recover from.

9 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

I've been wondering what all will happen under the new transfer rules with a coaching change.  

Build a great P5 program, get a better gig, and transfer the team over with you.  I was expecting this type of thing to happen for the star QB to transfer in to be part and parcel of the HC's new job but I apparently I need to think in broader terms.

What happens when 20+ kids transfer out after a coaching change? Do you get an exception to the 25 annual slots? If not that could take a few seasons to recover from.

The gap between the haves and the have nots grows larger.

15 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

The gap between the haves and the have nots grows larger.

Established teams? No doubt.  

But what I'm curious about is if when a Tom Herman gets fired under this new system and 20+ kids 'head for the portal'  on top of 20+ kids graduating how do you recover from that under the 25 per year rule?  Now does your new coach search focus more on who is really good or who can brings guys to fill roster holes next year?

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP