What are y’all buying for the next grid failure?

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Another WEN generator recommendation here. Honda and Yamaha might be slightly better (quieter, better fuel efficiency) but I like saving over 50%. If the WEN starts to fail, then I won’t have any issue buying a second/replacement.

the other bonus of the inverter generators is that you realize how you can take power on the go: tailgates, camping, etc. I wouldn’t want to stand next to it for long but they’re surprising quiet for a small engine.

Not having a small generator is a turn your man card in offense after this, especially given all the cool shit you can do with it. Keep it in the garage and throw it in the truck and take with you for all sorts of reasons.  

8 hours ago, Updawg said:

I’m buying generac stock

8 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I saw that they went up significantly in the last few days and I get pissed at myself for not seeing this angle.  

8 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

They’ve been up for awhile. I posted a screenshot of their chart on first couple pages of the thread. 

Next time we have a 10 day forecast with shit like this I'm going all in. 

I'll also get a short haircut so it's easier to wash with minimal water. 

On 2/23/2021 at 1:22 PM, gsoda3 said:

if you're planning on buying emergency supplies, hold off til april 24-26 if you can.  there's a state sales tax holiday on emergency prep items for both in-store and online purchases (although there are a few qualifies for online purchases, see link below).  here's a quick list of what qualifies.

https://comptroller.texas.gov/taxes/publications/98-1017.php?fbclid=IwAR3_AeIPCO4tnXxlooO7S0K4bMr97h84_TZ1NXXCgslbkKxJ8-98vD8gQoA

you mean I could have gotten my hatchets tax free?

image.thumb.png.8ad2679d0c5f266a9171f4cccefbaf00.png

On a related topic, anyone get the adapter that allows you to fill 1# propane canisters from a bigger tank? Does it work well?
I’m thinking mainly about camping and stuff. Plus it seems wasteful to dispose of the 1# bottles.
Thanks

On a related topic, anyone get the adapter that allows you to fill 1# propane canisters from a bigger tank? Does it work well?
I’m thinking mainly about camping and stuff. Plus it seems wasteful to dispose of the 1# bottles.
Thanks

I’m gonna order one soon. I’ve got friends that have used them
39 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Thanks

I find it easier just to use the adapter hose and run the Coleman stove off a standard 20# or 30# tank.

I know it's not as easy to tote around a 20# tank, but to your point, using the little 1# bottles seems wasteful. 

1 hour ago, Lhorn said:

Thanks

I've looked at them in the past.  I think they work, but technically, isn't the correct way to do it.  There are youtubes about why to/not to do it.