Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 hour ago, hobbs said:

F all this shit.  Come on over to Texas Basketball Recruiting Notes: Keep Austin Beard

It's nice over there...stiff drinks, good food, happy people, etc.

Until Beard loses 2 games.  Then we will be criticizing every move and wish him death because he isn't immediately John Wooden.

• Haha 4
  • Fuck You 3

24 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Ah yes, because someone with random contacts in the "coaching world" is going to have rock solid recruiting info on Evan Stewart 3 days after a visit. 

They are like clockwork coming out of every elite recruit visit. The 9.95ers wind up the fanbase, and it wouldn't surprise me if an aggy TA was actually stupid enough to think they are leading for the nation's best receiver when their leading receiver only has 341 yards and isn't even the leading pass catcher on the team.  

Gerry - Class Scenario

The Texas Longhorns currently have a top 10 ranked recruiting class with 22 commitments. 

The questions that remains are how will the class finish, and where will the Longhorns ultimately be ranked?

Inside Texas takes a look at the scenarios for a top 5, top 10 and top 15 finish. 

The 2022 class national rankings will begin with Georgia, followed by Alabama. Ohio State will very likely take a spot in the top 5 as well. There are two spots up for grabs in the top 5. 

Longhorns top 5 class scenario

The Longhorns must win out for a couple of five-stars, bottom line. Without that, chances of a top 5 class are minimal. 

There are four five-stars in play for Texas in the cycle. 

Evan Stewart, WR, Frisco (Texas) Liberty
On300 ranking: No. 4
Considering Texas, Alabama, Florida, Texas A&M and LSU

Harold Perkins, LB, Cypress (Texas) Cy Park
On300 ranking: No. 8
Considering Texas A&M, LSU, Texas and Oregon

Denver Harris, CB, Houston (Texas) North Shore
On300 ranking: No. 12
Considering Texas, LSU and Alabama

Devon Campbell, IOL, Arlington (Texas) Bowie
On300 ranking: No. 19
Considering Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, USC and LSU

Longhorns top 10 class scenario

In order for the Longhorns to ink a top 10 class, there must be two or three wins from this group, especially considering it’s not likely all 22 commits sign with Texas in December. 

Jacoby Mathews, S, Ponchatoula (La.)
On300 ranking: No. 42
Considering Texas A&M, LSU, Alabama, Georgia, Florida and Texas

Quency Wiggins, DL, Baton Rouge (La.) Madison Prep
On300 ranking: No. 55
Considering Florida, Texas, LSU and Alabama

Devin Brown, QB, Draper (Utah) Corner Canyon 
On300 ranking: No. 63
USC commit that will make an official visit on November 13. Also considering Ole Miss and Ohio State

Neto Umeozulu, OT/IOL, Allen (Texas)
On300 ranking: No. 61
Considering Oklahoma, TexasA&M, USC, Texas, Alabama and others

Shazz Preston, WR, Saint James (La.)
On300 ranking: No. 101
Considering Georgia, Alabama, LSU and Texas

Kam Dewberry, IOL, Humble (Texas) Atascocita
On300 ranking: No. 126
Considering Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M, LSU and Ohio State. 

Earnest Green, IOL, Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco
On300 ranking: No. 131
Considering Georgia, Texas, Ohio State, USC and possibly Alabama

Lander Barton, LB, Salt Lake City (Utah) Brighton
On300 ranking: No. 176
Considering Utah, Texas, Michigan, Oregon and UCLA

A flip of one of these would certainly move the needle

Another way for the Longhorns to be positioned to sign a top 5 class would be a flip from this talented quartet. 

Terrance Brooks, CB, Little Elm (Texas)
On300 ranking: No. 15
Committed to Ohio State

Bryce Anderson, S, Beaumont (Texas) West Brook
On300 ranking: No. 22
Committed to Texas A&M

Jordan Hudson, WR, Garland (Texas)
On300 ranking: No. 23
Committed to SMU 

Kelvin Banks, OT, Humble (Texas) Summer Creek
On300 ranking: No. 27
Committed to Oregon

Potential targets that would not elevate the class ranking

Larry Turner-Gooden, S, Mission Hills (Calif.) Bishop Alemany
On3 ranking: Will be high three-star
Considering Penn State, Texas, Arizona State, Colorado, Maryland and possibly USC

Malik Agbo, IOL, Federal Way (Wash.) Todd Beamer
On3 ranking: Will be high three-star
Considering Miami, Texas, Auburn, Florida and possibly Arizona State

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Hornbeliever said:

Until Beard loses 2 games.  Then we will be criticizing every move and wish him death because he isn't immediately John Wooden.

I get the sentiment, and I'm sure it will be true with regard to some, but it would take some extended next-level bed shitting to get me to the point I'm at with our football clownery right now.

Edited by hobbs
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Hornbeliever said:

Is that how it works? Texas expects John Wooden incarnate roaming the court, does it? 

The hyperbolic, histrionic whining from the sunshine pumpers like this guy every season is nauseating.

No one is being outlandish with Sarkisian criticisms. The fucking team is 4-3 and likely 4-5 without knowing it. They got depantsed on national television against an okay historic rival. They shit themselves in public two weeks in a row by blowing big leads in both games. They gained 15 fucking yards on the last 6 drives against Okie State. Sarkisian has won 9 games once, 8 games once, and has gotten fired in the middle of a game week once for public drunkenness. There is a fuckton to question after seeing more of the same in this 12 season wander through the CFB wilderness. 

Maybe the guy and the program figure it out. Simply withholding the benefit of the doubt isn’t imprudent or begging for him to be immediately fired for not being DKR. No one has even vaguely “wished death” on him.  So take the pollyanna whining about those using their eyes and heads instead of their vaginas and bleeding hearts and go fuck yourself violently with that bullshit. 

Also, negged for bandwidth drain and negging anyone else that shows up bleating hyperbole to imply how apparently stupid the rest of us are. It’s weak rhetoric and doesn’t belong here. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Is that how it works? Texas expects John Wooden incarnate roaming the court, does it? 

You can't see it?! We tolerated Rick Barnes refusing to coach free throw shooting and shitting the bed for over a decade, even with some great talent to work with, but we're just way too demanding. 

• Rage+1 1

21 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Motherfucker the football posts on the recruiting board are such a beatdown.

We knew going into the season that we needed to show recruits some promising results on the field to have a chance to recruit at the level Sark and Banks were going for when they took the job. Since we sufficiently shat the bed, it’s the most important feature for recruiting right now. And as someone else said, there are some of us who do not want to share these sentiments on the football  board for reasons that should be self evident. 

And some of us are frustrated AF and this has to be vented somewhere. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

damn straight

Austin - Tesla

Norman - Big Red Motor Sports

This is a good analogy. Tesla has way more money and couldn’t give a flying fuck about football. Meanwhile Big Red motors is nothing in comparison money wise but they would cut off a pinky finger for a championship. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

The hyperbolic, histrionic whining from the sunshine pumpers like this guy every season is nauseating.

No one is being outlandish with Sarkisian criticisms. The fucking team is 4-3 and likely 4-5 without knowing it. They got depantsed on national television against an okay historic rival. They shit themselves in public two weeks in a row by blowing big leads in both games. They gained 15 fucking yards on the last 6 drives against Okie State. Sarkisian has won 9 games once, 8 games once, and has gotten fired in the middle of a game week once for public drunkenness. There is a fuckton to question after seeing more of the same in this 12 season wander through the CFB wilderness. 

Maybe the guy and the program figure it out. Simply withholding the benefit of the doubt isn’t imprudent or begging for him to be immediately fired for not being DKR. No one has even vaguely “wished death” on him.  So take the pollyanna whining about those using their eyes and heads instead of their vaginas and bleeding hearts and go fuck yourself violently with that bullshit. 

Also, negged for bandwidth drain and negging anyone else that shows up bleating hyperbole to imply how apparently stupid the rest of us are. It’s weak rhetoric and doesn’t belong here. 

this.  I believe Mr CDC himself said he required our programs to be top 10.  then he hired 7 win steve who hired a PAC 12 DC, not to mention a S&C coach from the football factory known as Cal. I wonder how much it will pain CDC to allow his HC to fire his DC, pay the buyout, and hire a new guy at a higher rate only to shit the bed again.

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

this.  I believe Mr CDC himself said he required our programs to be top 10.  then he hired 7 win steve who hired a PAC 12 DC, not to mention a S&C coach from the football factory known as Cal. I wonder how much it will pain CDC to allow his HC to fire his DC, pay the buyout, and hire a new guy at a higher rate only to shit the bed again.

We're not going fire PK. We're going to hire Wilcox when Cal fires him and then you're going to have to cheer for both of them next year.

8 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Lol at CDC having anything to do with any of that scenario. 

1 minute ago, George Clooney said:

Would a national coaching changes thread be appropriate for the recruiting forum? There are some interesting scenarios that could come of Franklin leaving for USC that’d involve Rhule, Elko, etc., but I don’t care to post it on the football board.

Coaches are quite integral to recruiting,imo.

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Hyperbolic!

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

Becton has seemed to be pretty good so far. We don't have a ton of soft tissue injuries and we have been able to run the ball when the box is not loaded with a pretty shitty line. JWhit, as an example, has had a good healthy season so far until he broke a bone, but there is nothing S&C can do about that. 

On paper, PK, Sark, Flood, etc. is and was a solid move, even though CTJ is jumping up and down with his little yosemite sam legs yelling otherwise. But you, in particular,  seem to be in a very special zone of recency biased vaginitis and should seek medical attention if the symptoms persist for more than 4 hours. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, George Clooney said:

Would a national coaching changes thread be appropriate for the recruiting forum? There are some interesting scenarios that could come of Franklin leaving for USC that’d involve Rhule, Elko, etc., but I don’t care to post it on the football board.

so to be clear, you think Matt Ruhle is leaving with 6 years remaining on his ~7 years, $60m NFL Head Coach guaranteed contract for...any college job (yes, i know he went to Penn State)

Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

Edited by NoName

2 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Becton has seemed to be pretty good so far. We don't have a ton of soft tissue injuries and we have been able to run the ball when the box is not loaded with a pretty shitty line. JWhit, as an example, has had a good healthy season so far until he broke a bone, but there is nothing S&C can do about that. 

On paper, PK, Sark, Flood, etc. is and was a solid move, even though CTJ is jumping up and down with his little yosemite sam legs yelling otherwise. But you, in particular,  seem to be in a very special zone of recency biased vaginitis and should seek medical attention if the symptoms persist for more than 4 hours. 

Let me guess you were all in on letting Charlie, Bedford, Herman, Orlando play out as well. how'd that work out for ya?  I'm talking about PK not Sark or Flood.  PAC 12 D paper is pretty fucking thin. the Cal S&C was a throw away line.  who gives a shit about the S&C coach.

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

You need to rest yourself. Sark is going no where this year. You have to wait until at least this time next year before calling for heads to roll. Sadly, Sark is right on pace to to hit the average Longhorn win total of 7.3 game the past decade. At least wait to see what Sark does in the offseason before losing it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Let me guess you were all in on letting Charlie, Bedford, Herman, Orlando play out as well. how'd that work out for ya?  I'm talking about PK not Sark or Flood.  PAC 12 D paper is pretty fucking thin. the Cal S&C was a throw away line.  who gives a shit about the S&C coach.

PK has a long record of pretty great results when his stats were normalized using things like FEI and SP+. people that think highly of him were talking about THAT, not his results using shit like PPG or yards allowed.

...and of course you think S&C makes no difference lolololol

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

I never said he was leaving on his own accord. Don’t underestimate the Panthers owner; he wants to win quickly and will make drastic moves if he doesn’t think Rhule has them moving forward.

i just find it very hard to believe that Tepper is willing to eat $50m and change and fire a coach after he has been on the job less than 2 years. plus the $6ish mil they paid to buy him out of Baylor.

that's just SO much money and is admitting you made a huge mistake - then add in how bad it looks when he goes and takes a good college job right after he gets fired...

i think Klatt is the one who said he wasn't all in on the NFL, and while i like Klatt a lot...folks generally don't walk away from ~$50m for much of anything.

7 minutes ago, NoName said:

PK has a long record of pretty great results when his stats were normalized using things like FEI and SP+. people that think highly of him were talking about THAT, not his results using shit like PPG or yards allowed.

Anybody want to talk about wings or bbq?

7 minutes ago, NoName said:

S&C is at least the 3rd most important position on a staff. I dont think Becton is quite the negative that people make him out to be, I am in the camp that he is a JAG. This is one position that I have wished Texas would go out and money whip someone with an established great reputation. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

You need to rest yourself. Sark is going no where this year. You have to wait until at least this time next year before calling for heads to roll. Sadly, Sark is right on pace to to hit the average Longhorn win total of 7.3 game the past decade. At least wait to see what Sark does in the offseason before losing it. 

nobody is losing it.  are you one of those people that reads forum posts with exclamation points in your head?

i've alread said Sark is here for 4 and PK is back again next year.   that is separate from I think he ain't gonna cut it.

1 minute ago, NoName said:

i just find it very hard to believe that Tepper is willing to eat $50m and change and fire a coach after he has been on the job less than 2 years. plus the $6ish mil they paid to buy him out of Baylor.

that's just SO much money and is admitting you made a huge mistake - then add in how bad it looks when he goes and takes a good college job right after he gets fired...

i think Klatt is the one who said he wasn't all in on the NFL, and while i like Klatt a lot...folks generally don't walk away from ~$50m for much of anything.

As of now, there’s no way Tepper would fire him. The issue is that the Panthers are going downhill fast and have no QB solution going forward. Just wait until late December/early January and see what he might do if they’re 5-12 or worse with no good QBs in the ‘22 class.

12 minutes ago, NoName said:

Of course your reading comprehension is off.  I didn't say they didn't make a difference(although they all do basically the same stuff).  I said no one gives a shit about them.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Of course your reading comprehension is off.  I didn't say they didn't make a difference(although they all do basically the same stuff).  I said no one gives a shit about them.

Regardless of which way your statement is interpreted, you are still wrong. That’s some ninja level shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

Regardless of which way your statement is interpreted, you are still wrong. That’s some ninja level shit.

less than 1% of the fanbase even knows who the S&C coach even is.  and they are rarely if ever fired as long as they keep the players in line.

Edited by dcar00

Unless you are walking away from $50m to earn $50m somewhere else you would rather be, which seems completely possible.

2 hours ago, Barbacoa said:

This is a good analogy. Tesla has way more money and couldn’t give a flying fuck about football. Meanwhile Big Red motors is nothing in comparison money wise but they would cut off a pinky finger for a championship. 

You clearly haven’t seen Big Red Motorsport lately. After all of the bullshit happened there the place went down hill fast. I drive by it every day and it’s a piece of shit. Back in the late 80’s early 90’s that place was cool, had Ferrari’s and shit like that. But now not so much, mostly Kia’s. 

38 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

i've alread said Sark is here for 4 and PK is back again next year.   that is separate from I think he ain't gonna cut it.

Prediction is an illusion, and you ignoring this fact is diminishing your enjoyment of Texas football in this moment. Open yourself up and let's see where this thing goes.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting