Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Currently browsing IT I see people are actively defending Christian Jones, Bush, and Brockermeyer with reasons being because Flood, coaches know best, and Brockermeyer had fastest gps time in spring game or some shit like that. Got damn their members are dumb

Brock doesn't deserve to be in that group. Hasn't been great but hasn't been anywhere close to as bad as Jones and Bush.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Currently browsing IT I see people are actively defending Christian Jones, Bush, and Brockermeyer with reasons being because Flood, coaches know best, and Brockermeyer had fastest gps time in spring game or some shit like that. Got damn their members are dumb

And yet they're still the second smartest online segment of the Texas fanbase. 

247 when I was there was an amazingly stupid collection of people, and I mean Texags level stupid. That's not an exaggeration. RealGregGym would be Einstein over there. And while  I haven't experienced it in decades, folks here I know who have memberships swear that the fucks who spend time at Orangebloods made the 247 fanbase look reasonable. Which, seems impossible, but then again they're paying for insights from Ketchum, so...that tracks.

• Hook 'Em 3

23 minutes ago, NoName said:

Brock doesn't deserve to be in that group. Hasn't been great but hasn't been anywhere close to as bad as Jones and Bush.

Brock has been barely average. He is a liability on outside runs and can't get to the edge. He is ok on inside runs and dropping into zone, but he only leads the team in tackles because teams are constantly running at him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

Brock has been barely average. He is a liability on outside runs and can't get to the edge. He is ok on inside runs and dropping into zone, but he only leads the team in tackles because teams are constantly running at him. 

i think he has been "fine" (average, so were on the same page there) - he also leads the team in HAVOC/game in B12 play which is another really bad look all things considered.

i guess i see the other 2 as being terrible and absolute liabilities while Brock has just been meh

4 minutes ago, ousux said:
6 hours ago, TriStone said:
I'd start with OL and DL and go from there.

I think he meant the logistics of bag gaming, but point taken.

I know what he meant, I was being sarcastic.  I have nothing else to offer here.

ETA: Although since you mentioned it, I can't help but wonder how our chucklefuck BMDs managed to acquire their wealth but can't work out the logistical complexities of the "bag game."   They don't know where to start yet the cow-tipping sisterfuckers of Mississippi/Alabama/Louisiana/Georgia have it all figured out?

Edited by TriStone
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

247 when I was there was an amazingly stupid collection of people, and I mean Texags level stupid. That's not an exaggeration. RealGregGym would be Einstein over there. And while  I haven't experienced it in decades, folks here I know who have memberships swear that the fucks who spend time at Orangebloods made the 247 fanbase look reasonable. Which, seems impossible, but then again they're paying for insights from Ketchum, so...that tracks.

echeese was truly the dumbest motherfucker I've ever encountered.  OB has to take the cake for dumbest of the dumbasses.

7 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

echeese was truly the dumbest motherfucker I've ever encountered.  ]

And echeese thinks he's intelligent.  About seven years ago he discovered the concept of the strawman logical fallacy and for about three years used that expression in every other post because it thought it made him look smart.  Somebody said he got his degree from UTSA. Being that I only know one person who got a degree from UTSA and this person is literally the dumbest person I've ever met, I can see the correlation.  The echeeses of the world are so dangerous because they so convinced they are actually intelligent.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Start by handing out thumb drives and then point them to some crypto exchanges...
Before crypto was well known, it was often as simple as tossing an envelope full of benjies in a mailbox, then sending a cryptic text from a burner phone saying something like "Hey whats up, this is [insert fake name]? you must be getting tons of mail these days from everyone, have you checked your box today?" (After already establishing a desire the recruit should go to X school, and gauging interest in monetary rewards)

This of course was from drinking with a rando me and some buddies met in Houston bar that may or may not have been full of shit, but he seemed believable enough at the time. From the clues he was dropping I gather it was on behalf of LSU even though he wouldnt say, yet he claimed to be a Coog High alum.

I think the real hangup with guys who would help with things like this is the embarrassment risk of possibly getting caught..no matter how low it is these days.

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Staff was confident for bank, and Brooks as well. Not being a shithead, but these guys feel confident which can be good and bad. 

Have you re-read your posts today? You need to put on a helmet and run into walls or something. Better yet, when your wife turns the corner in the hallway, blind side her with a semi-legal tackle. You'll feel better.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, NoName said:

Horseshit, if they ever let him back on the field, just focus on Brock. That fucker is out of every play he's fucking terrible. we are playing with 10 guys when he's on the field

2 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Have you re-read your posts today? You need to put on a helmet and run into walls or something. Better yet, when your wife turns the corner in the hallway, blind side her with a semi-legal tackle. You'll feel better.

Found clip of Sydney's tackle attempt on his hot wife... 

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I realize this makes me a huge minority in surlyland, but I actually love my wife. Shes awesome. So treating her like texas football treats us won’t likely make me feel better. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 3

that's fair across the board. The Collins / Bush thing is as confusing as possible to me. Bush is not a 4i in any universe. He is nowhere near as talented as Collins and Bush gets picked on/blown up at every opportunity.
i get annoyed when people say "COACH THEM UP" like that's the actual solution across the board.
During an actual game is no time to be "coaching up" a player. If they can't get their shit together and learn their assignments in practice...the light switch is magically going to turn on at game time?

This may be a shit analogy, but I started at safety in high school over someone who was bigger, faster and stronger, (and much more skin melanin if thats relevant) yet couldnt quite figure out wtf he was supposed to do both in practice or during a game. When I had to miss a couple games with a cracked sternum, he allowed several deep balls and long runs (including TD's) simply because he was out of position. Sure I didnt always make the pbu, int or tackle, but more often than not I was where I was supposed to be to contest a catch or at least get in the ball carriers way enough to allow teammates to get him on the ground.
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, ousux said:

During an actual game is no time to be "coaching up" a player. If they can't get their shit together and learn their assignments in practice...the light switch is magically going to turn on at game time?

This may be a shit analogy, but I started at safety in high school over someone who was bigger, faster and stronger, (and much more skin melanin if thats relevant) yet couldnt quite figure out wtf he was supposed to do both in practice or during a game. When I had to miss a couple games with a cracked sternum, he allowed several deep balls and long runs (including TD's) simply because he was out of position. Sure I didnt always make the pbu, int or tackle, but more often than not I was where I was supposed to be to contest a catch or at least get in the ball carriers way enough to allow teammates to get him on the ground.

1) It’s not.

2) welcome to the board, Blake Gideon. Or is it Dylan Haines? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Worthy never comes to Texas without Sark - so he would have never played him. He'd have gone to Alabama if they'd have taken him and done awesome there. 
I'm convinced that this isn't a talent issue, but it's a coaching issue after much deliberation. There's a lot of convenient forgetting of key 3rd down plays that the defense does awesome things and then fucks it up with an auto first down boneheaded play. 
This is an undisciplined team. It shows up in false starts, holding calls, defensive penalties, all kinds of stupid shit that if it doesn't happen, turns into a scorching.  Is it fixable by this staff? I'm honestly not sure, because it seems to have gotten worse the harder they "try". I can't for the life of me figure out why the fuck our receivers can't catch the ball. I don't give a shit how good of a route they can run, if they can't fucking catch it doesn't matter. THAT IS COACHING.
The offensive line isn't getting outmuscled or out-technique. The blown up plays are straight up unblocked defenders running into the backfield. They suck because they don't block, not because they can't block correctly. THAT IS COACHING
It's either that our coaches don't know how to coach fundamentals and are too concerned with their fancy pants bullshit or that our players actually suck at football fundamentally and there's no amount of coaching that can get a guy who can't catch to catch. I find it very hard to believe that it's players actually sucking to this level. 
Devin Duvernay, Collin Johnson and a few others used to work on ball catching skills outside of practice, even made a little competition of it. Not sure any of our current group of WR's even consider such a thing. Worthy can be excused since he's a true Freshman, but Josh Moore, washington etc..should be organizing some outside of practice work with either a throwing machine or one of the QB's.

20 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I realize this makes me a huge minority in surlyland, but I actually love my wife. Shes awesome. So treating her like texas football treats us won’t likely make me feel better. 

I didn't mean it in a bad way. A crazy friend of my older brother moved to Phoenix for his senior year of high school. He literally would put on a helmet and run into walls. When he came back from Arizona, all he could talk about was how Arizona football was better than people thought. I'd come around a corner in the house and he would yell Vai Sikahema and blindside me. It's still funny.

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Overall I think 247 is full of the dumbest posters and it doesn’t matter the team page. Collectively it’s the worst 

3 hours ago, The Beast said:

Looks like a whole bunch of pussies need to find another team. Guess what? The same coaches will be here next year. You might as well get used to the idea now.

Todays Texas fans would have demanded Royal be fired after the first season. We have no offensive tackles, no linebackers, shitty depth and the delusion that if we bring in a new coach every three years we can fix it. We have a unhealthy schizophrenic entitlement, "We're Texas", that keeps us from building a solid program. If Sark isn't given time to build something here I'm done. No one is going to win here until we commit to a coach, humble ourselves and buy the players we need to compete. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ousux said:
6 hours ago, immamac said:
Worthy never comes to Texas without Sark - so he would have never played him. He'd have gone to Alabama if they'd have taken him and done awesome there. 
I'm convinced that this isn't a talent issue, but it's a coaching issue after much deliberation. There's a lot of convenient forgetting of key 3rd down plays that the defense does awesome things and then fucks it up with an auto first down boneheaded play. 
This is an undisciplined team. It shows up in false starts, holding calls, defensive penalties, all kinds of stupid shit that if it doesn't happen, turns into a scorching.  Is it fixable by this staff? I'm honestly not sure, because it seems to have gotten worse the harder they "try". I can't for the life of me figure out why the fuck our receivers can't catch the ball. I don't give a shit how good of a route they can run, if they can't fucking catch it doesn't matter. THAT IS COACHING.
The offensive line isn't getting outmuscled or out-technique. The blown up plays are straight up unblocked defenders running into the backfield. They suck because they don't block, not because they can't block correctly. THAT IS COACHING
It's either that our coaches don't know how to coach fundamentals and are too concerned with their fancy pants bullshit or that our players actually suck at football fundamentally and there's no amount of coaching that can get a guy who can't catch to catch. I find it very hard to believe that it's players actually sucking to this level. 

Devin Duvernay, Collin Johnson and a few others used to work on ball catching skills outside of practice, even made a little competition of it. Not sure any of our current group of WR's even consider such a thing. Worthy can be excused since he's a true Freshman, but Josh Moore, washington etc..should be organizing some outside of practice work with either a throwing machine or one of the QB's.

There’s a thread on the football board about the Juggs machine. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Codaxx said:

Offense had three 3 and outs vs OU defense in the second half. They had 2 drives ending in points and 1 drive ending at the OU 24 on downs. I dont think that is a complete disaster or  leaving the defense out to dry.  It is not optimal, but it is only a disaster because OU score 35 pts. My point is that people are excusing the defense for things that are self-inflicted. The bottom line is they dont get off the field. They allow opposing offenses to flip the field constantly. Every DC would love to coach along side great Wisconsin offenses, but that isnt in the cards. Both units are inconsistent, but the offense goes from excellent to disaster in games. The defense goes from mediocre to disaster. By the way, people are like the defense played well vs OSU. For the record OSU is arguably the worst offense in the Big 12 currently. They average 5.18 yards per play, even Kansas is ahead of them 5.2

Good to see you here Codaxx. Appreciated your reasoned opinions.

2 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

LSU also fired Orgeron 1/2 a year after that, maybe its related

@Sir Ulrich

LSU is a tire fire with NCAA and Title 9 investigations. There are LOTS of skeletons in closets. Everyone is getting paid for their silence on the way out there. Otherwise, I'm sure you'd have seen more aggressive negotiations on future payments for Pelini and Ed-O.

Did Jett Bush even play any snaps against OSU? Maybe the coaches are starting to figure out he doesn’t need to be on the field. I’ll be interested to see if we have found something with the traditional 3-4 base defense. Maybe just getting more bigger players on the field up front will help against the run.

Ultimately, our terrible safety play makes any scheme vulnerable. I’ve seen enough of Foster and Schooler to have given up on them. Jerrin Thompson can still improve, but he’s just not very good right now. Maybe move Cook to safety and try Barron, Dunn, or Crawford at Nickel. 

15 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Did Jett Bush even play any snaps against OSU? Maybe the coaches are starting to figure out he doesn’t need to be on the field. I’ll be interested to see if we have found something with the traditional 3-4 base defense. Maybe just getting more bigger players on the field up front will help against the run.

Ultimately, our terrible safety play makes any scheme vulnerable. I’ve seen enough of Foster and Schooler to have given up on them. Jerrin Thompson can still improve, but he’s just not very good right now. Maybe move Cook to safety and try Barron, Dunn, or Crawford at Nickel. 

Yes, he was present to get violently buttfucked repeatedly in the 2nd half, specifically. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BurntUp said:

Todays Texas fans would have demanded Royal be fired after the first season. We have no offensive tackles, no linebackers, shitty depth and the delusion that if we bring in a new coach every three years we can fix it. We have a unhealthy schizophrenic entitlement, "We're Texas", that keeps us from building a solid program. If Sark isn't given time to build something here I'm done. No one is going to win here until we commit to a coach, humble ourselves and buy the players we need to compete. 

KU and KSU fielded better defenses against OU than Texas.  That's not due to a talent disparity.  But I'm with you on figuring it out vs burning it down and players having to endure multiple systems during their stay on the Forty Acres.  

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

KU and KSU fielded better defenses against OU than Texas.  That's not due to a talent disparity.  But I'm with you on figuring it out vs burning it down and players having to endure multiple systems during their stay on the Forty Acres.  

KSU got to play against Rattler all game, we would have buttfucked them too if Riley didn't pull him. KU had the benefit of having game tape on Williams, and apparently DBs that can play a 50/50 ball but in the end Williams basically won that game for OU with his legs. So this transitive shit doesn't really apply, and its a a lazy take.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Roach

Spoiler

— According to a source near four-star New Orleans (LA.) Edna Karr wide receiver Aaron Anderson, Texas has been working to secure a visit. The former LSU commit is one of the most dynamic wide receiver prospects in the country with big play ability. Alabama has been making a huge push for Anderson lately and the Crimson Tide lead the 247Sports Crystal Ball for him. Texas will need to get him on campus to have any shot here, but the staff is working at it.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Teryor said:

Roach

Hide contents

— According to a source near four-star New Orleans (LA.) Edna Karr wide receiver Aaron Anderson, Texas has been working to secure a visit. The former LSU commit is one of the most dynamic wide receiver prospects in the country with big play ability. Alabama has been making a huge push for Anderson lately and the Crimson Tide lead the 247Sports Crystal Ball for him. Texas will need to get him on campus to have any shot here, but the staff is working at it.

Translation: Good luck at Alabama.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

OU has trap games it's true, but when you are as universally hated as Texas, you have to have the horses to play in everybody's super bowl every week. Additionally I love the horns but if someone offered me a way to take care of my family when I went off to college I'd take it. 50k? Yeah fuck Texas where do I sign? 

Edit: We offer internships. They are offering paid jobs and a chance to win championships. Surprised we get anyone really. 

Edited by BurntUp

3 hours ago, BurntUp said:

If our coach doesn't win national championship in year one, fire him.  Our entitled attitude has gotten us so far this past decade, lets keep going!

• Haha 1

OU has trap games it's true, but when you are as universally hated as Texas, you have to have the horses to play in everybody's super bowl every week. Additionally I love the horns but if someone offered me a way to take care of my family when I went off to college I'd take it. 50k? Yeah fuck Texas where do I sign? 
Edit: We offer internships. They are offering paid jobs and a chance to win championships. Surprised we get anyone really. 

Christ almighty. I’m so tired of the “we are everyone’s super bowl” bullshit. If you think we are everyone’s super bowl, then win some goddamn Super Bowls.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting