Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Just now, golfclap said:

Then you don't know very many football people. He's has absolutely coasted in this job since he's got here and it's widely known among coaches that he is. He's on the same fucking path as half the dudes at his age who go up to the NFL and come back down. When they come back they've lost the fire and the will to recruit and coast on name recognition and a bunch of the same old same old in drills. He so bad at his job that we literally hired a whole ass person to try and help him recruit and he's a RB COACH FFS.

We've seen the NFL sniff around Drayton, but why on EARTH haven't we seen other CFB teams sniff his orbit? Oh.........because GC is right. goddammit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

This is fun. I got an emphatic "no" when picking around too. Wiltfong has never had much pull with UT. I'd be curious to read his actual write-up and see what it smells like on the bullshit meter. I assumed he must be right since he never really seems to make a pick unless a staffer or coach has told him "it's happening" for a recruit.

He said absolutely nothing ... 

5 minutes ago, golfclap said:

So ....   TrUsT tHe CoRcHEs 

Be better than this shameful bullshit.

Do you actually understand what a DPP does? Do you honestly not understand the distance, the vast chasm between eval and the finished product? Much less the on-field result? 

Then you don't know very many football people. He's has absolutely coasted in this job since he's got here and it's widely known among coaches that he is. He's on the same fucking path as half the dudes at his age who go up to the NFL and come back down. When they come back they've lost the fire and the will to recruit and coast on name recognition and a bunch of the same old same old in drills. He so bad at his job that we literally hired a whole ass person to try and help him recruit and he's a RB COACH FFS.

I'm embarrassed for you.  

I'm not appealing to authority. I'm saying you don't know near as much as you think you do. 

You're a beating and I take it back. You're not that smart.

Edited by maninblack
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

We've seen the NFL sniff around Drayton, but why on EARTH haven't we seen other CFB teams sniff his orbit? Oh.........because GC is right. goddammit. 

Weak argument, Drayton has been an AHC at a blue blood for three years, what collegiate job would he leave for that wasn't a downgrade? Not like RB coaches are generally strong candidates for OC jobs.

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

This fat fuck is a college dropout that got his start by running errands for people at KVUE and for chatting up local Austin recruits and sending emails about it to Burton, begging him for work. Burton right-time/right-placed him with letting him run Orangebloods and Ketchum has forever since believed that he did it all himself. He thinks he's an expert on the sport of CFB and knows HSFB because he used to watch games. His echo-chamber of mouthbreathing idiots on his site only reinforce his delusion. He's a grade-A assclown. 

Things Ketchum is allegedly actually good at:

-Stealing money - whether from oblivious clowns that subscribe to his bullshit or by defrauding compassionate fans of Texas football who gave willingly to a charity in order to benefit a deceased player's young kid and SO.

-Paying off the IRS to leave him alone - this is what one does with a bag of money they steal from a charity golf tournament in order to avoid going to jail.

-Fucking up recruitments for UT - Fatfuck's dated belief in "getting the scoop" in order to gain credibility and subscribers frequently causes him to blurt out pilfered information on a recruit's announcement before the recruit is ready, often queering the recruitment away from UT's favor. 

-Eating wing restaurants completely out of inventory and destroying everyone else's lunch plans. 

The next time someone tells you that they subscribe to Orangebloods when they try to talk Texas football with you, if you don't shout them down and make them feel regret and shame for their idiocy, you're part of the problem. This guy is repeatedly enabled to fuck with the UT program and make us look stupid as fans by the clowns that continue to hand him money. He's a fucking parasite and a shitheel. 

I'd like to fight him in a boxing match at the Surly Sprint-off for charity and just whip his fucking ass the way it needs to be whipped.

Now do Chip Brown.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Theres too much smoke for it not to be us. Blue said more news today, Murphy quoted the tweet, Phaizons twitter is very pro Texas, and he just got Fong'd but none of it makes any sense lmao.

You make a fine point about the players. That said, there’s also the chance that he’s saying he’s going to commit on a text string because he doesn’t want to look stupid, but can’t actually commit because Texas hasn’t given him an offer.

Are we really supposed to believe that this guy wouldn’t have mentioned a re-offer in his social media stream? Are we also to believe that they think he’s worth the spot on the roster after his coach kicked him off of his football team and that dude currently works at Texas? 

It’s bizarre. 

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Shouldn't we want an RB coach that is among the exceptions? That said, I do remember Drayton interviewing for the Akron job a couple years ago.

Also Frank Wilson got hired from LSU to UTSA I think. He can probably get a G5 HC job with a small pay bump at best. Still, if he wants to be an HC he'll probably take something like that when he's offered.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

You make a fine point about the players. That said, there’s also the chance that he’s saying he’s going to commit on a text string because he doesn’t want to look stupid, but can’t actually commit because Texas hasn’t given him an offer.

Are we really supposed to believe that this guy wouldn’t have mentioned a re-offer in his social media stream? Are we also to believe that they think he’s worth the spot on the roster after his coach kicked him off of his football team and that dude currently works at Texas? 

It’s bizarre. 

This reeks of getting the commitment edit and time and telling all his friends before actually talking to the staff about it.

• Hook 'Em 2

I haven't seen it on this board anywhere but it's probably worth mentioning Murphy, Blue, and Stewart will all be in Vegas this weekend at the 7on7 tournament. 

Would love to see a full list of our targets that will be in town but you have to love that timing. Going to be a lot of talk about Texas recruiting momentum and you know our guys will be working the uncommitted dudes. Would also be nice to get some videos of Maalik dropping some bombs. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Unless I missed it (plz forgive me, Tex), he didn't say he was committing. Could be a top schools list or some other nonsense.

True, but Blue said to look for more news today, Fong CB'd him to Texas, and the general recruit social media smoke seems thick. Hopefully Harris is right and it's just top schools.

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

I have a bad feeling this is a nasty situation where Wilson is about to commit based on his old offer, has already told Blue/Maalik but not the coaches, and now the coaches are gonna have to come in and be the bad guys or just let it happen

If true, sounds like they could use Gilbert's hiring as an ejection seat.

9 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I have a bad feeling this is a nasty situation where Wilson is about to commit based on his old offer, has already told Blue/Maalik but not the coaches, and now the coaches are gonna have to come in and be the bad guys or just let it happen

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Hopefully that won't happen. Surely he would've talked to the coaches at some point before trying to commit.

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 1

Weak argument, Drayton has been an AHC at a blue blood for three years, what collegiate job would he leave for that wasn't a downgrade? Not like RB coaches are generally strong candidates for OC jobs.

Herman made him an AHC to pull him from the bears.
All of this shit is missing context. What does Drayton want to do? Does he want to be a HC? Okay, that’s a g5 gig based on his current level of experience. Does he want to go back to the nfl? He’s had that chance and makes more money here. He’s chosen the money to this point. What about one step up the ladder to coordinator? If he was everything you think he is, we would hear about him with interest or interviews at places like Illinois or Colorado.
But, no. Drayton is happy to collect his check and pretend to recruit.
As others have noted, RB coaches are typically pulling heavy recruiting weight. They’re Carrington. And it should be no surprise that Carrington’s new gig is helping with running backs as an analyst. I don’t believe that Drayton pulls his weight as a coach either, but that’s co-opting the views of more informed folks and I’m just going off of Ingram getting worse for consecutive seasons.
  • Hook 'Em 4

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting