2021 Houston Texans Ain't Shit Season Thread

Brothahorn

Any idea why the fuck Omenihu was a healthy inactive today. Complete clown show. Now Omenihu, one of best young players on this team, doesn’t even get activated because they want to see some other scrub play and are trying to implement some bullshit Easterby culture. They played mind games with him in the preseason putting him 3rd string when he clearly is 1st string.

Loser coaches lose games in the 4th Qtr. Going for a 57 yard FG with a kicker who missed a combined 3 PATs & FGA in the 4th qtr while you lose the lead. Instead of declining the penalty on the illegal shift, which would have allowed time to come back theoretically but accepted to allow Patriots to grind the clock to kick the FG.

Culley is who we thought he is - a 3rd rate coach who lacks the brain power to be a head coach. Stupid game decisions. We could have had Bieniemy or Brady but pick this clown. Texans continue to find new ways to embarrass our city.

Edited by Macklemore

With the exception on one really bad throw that probably should have been a pick-six, Mills has looked solid again. Given the QB class in this next draft and how bad this roster is head to toe, rolling next year with Tyrod and Mills and finishing off the last of the bad contracts is looking more and more like the best option…

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

With the exception on one really bad throw that probably should have been a pick-six, Mills has looked solid again. Given the QB class in this next draft and how bad this roster is head to toe, rolling next year with Tyrod and Mills and finishing off the last of the bad contracts is looking more and more like the best option…

Agreed; though Tyrod is only on a 1 year deal. They should ride it out with Mills for the rest of the season to further develop him. See if he is a legit, franchise QB. If he is, will help a lot since we can focus on BPA in the next few drafts

Edited by Macklemore
  • Like 1

Omenihu inactive yet again…this has to be some ‘culture’ bullshit right?

On the bright side, Greenard now has 4 sacks in the last three games. Would be nice to get something out of these last 2-3 draft classes. Roy Lopez shows some potential, and Nico Collins had some nice grabs today. If this franchise is going to get to playoff caliber any time soon, they’re gonna have to draft way better.

FULL DISCLAIMER - I realize this franchise is a derailed train slamming into a blazing dumpster full of (literal) shit. I harbor zero expectations as long as Tommy Boy is in charge. However, I love my Sunday football and I will always tune in to watch my team, just like I have my entire life. If this makes me a loser, well, get in line behind my wife bitches

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On the bright side, Greenard now has 4 sacks in the last three games. Would be nice to get something out of these last 2-3 draft classes. Roy Lopez shows some potential, and Nico Collins had some nice grabs today. If this franchise is going to get to playoff caliber any time soon, they’re gonna have to draft way better.
FULL DISCLAIMER - I realize this franchise is a derailed train slamming into a blazing dumpster full of (literal) shit. I harbor zero expectations as long as Tommy Boy is in charge. However, I love my Sunday football and I will always tune in to watch my team, just like I have my entire life. If this makes me a loser, well, get in line behind my wife bitches

Kind of glad there are no big name QB's coming out this year. We can trade the #2 for more picks.

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:
1 hour ago, Ignatius said:

Kind of glad there are no big name QB's coming out this year. We can trade the #2 for more picks.

Or deal Tunsil and get his salary off the books and use the #2 on the LT from Bama. If Watson, tunsil, and cooks (plus the dead weight) are off the books by the end of next year, the Texans would be $160MM under the cap; that’s assuming it doesn’t go up (which it always does)….

They should unload Cooks and Tunsil before the trade deadline. They may get a #3 for Cooks and I’d hope they could at least recoup one #1 for Tunsil. If they are able to get Philly, Miami, Denver, Carolina, or other to hand them a big package for Watson before the deadline, all the better. The Eagles look stacked with their own, Indy‘s, and Miami’s picks for next year. Wouldn’t mind the best two of those to pair with ours and whatever we could get for Tunsil. No more D2 OTs that turn into subpar guards though plz. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Giving the Titans trouble early in Nashville… ok, they are competitive (actually leading 6-0 in the second). Tennessee tends to shit the bed every once in a while, would be crazy for them to lose at home to Houston. I’ve been out of pocket for a couple weeks and didn’t know D’onta Foreman was back active in the league, getting some run as Henry’s replacement with the Titans.

From what I’ve seen, even though Thibodeaux is everyone’s #1 (and probably should be), the drop off from him to Aiden Hutchinson doesn’t look like much at all. It’s hard to imagine the Texans picking any higher than 5th which guarantees you one of:

Thibodeaux

Stingley

Hamilton

Neal

Hutchinson

The great thing about a roster void of talent is that there is literally no position that doesn’t need help. Any one of these dudes would immediately be the best at their position on the roster

3 hours ago, The Earl of Texas said:

This is phenomenal tanking. Whoever wins between two 2-8 teams is the loser. Draft is all that matters now. We benched our best defensive player for reasons literally no one can explain and went out and grabbed the L. Nicely done.

Explained, kinda, wtf. Such a shitshow

"He's a healthy scratch because of a disagreement," Clark said. "He's a healthy scratch because he answered a question honestly when asked by the coaching staff. Now, coaching staffs have disagreements with players all the time. They usually move on when it's not a fight, when it's not volatile. When it's amicable, they find a way to get to the solution for the problem and they field the best team they possibly can. That's what winning organizations do. The Houston Texans have decided to let ego, to let emotions, to let feelings get in the way of fielding the best team possible. Justin Reid was a professional and as a leader of the team he answered a question that was asked of him. Now, he won't suit up. This is one of the best players on the team. A player that's sacrificed much for the Houston Texans. Now, he's being repaid by not getting his helmet because he was honest."

https://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Texans-Justin-Reid-suspended-inactive-Ryan-Clark-16657013.php

1 hour ago, tx ind said:

Explained, kinda, wtf. Such a shitshow

"He's a healthy scratch because of a disagreement," Clark said. "He's a healthy scratch because he answered a question honestly when asked by the coaching staff. Now, coaching staffs have disagreements with players all the time. They usually move on when it's not a fight, when it's not volatile. When it's amicable, they find a way to get to the solution for the problem and they field the best team they possibly can. That's what winning organizations do. The Houston Texans have decided to let ego, to let emotions, to let feelings get in the way of fielding the best team possible. Justin Reid was a professional and as a leader of the team he answered a question that was asked of him. Now, he won't suit up. This is one of the best players on the team. A player that's sacrificed much for the Houston Texans. Now, he's being repaid by not getting his helmet because he was honest."

https://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Texans-Justin-Reid-suspended-inactive-Ryan-Clark-16657013.php

Texans continue to find new lows in embarrassing themselves and our city.

Got an email today that they’re offering tickets with no fees and discounts on jerseys under the guise that it was a “Black Friday” type offer.  For shits I looked on stubhub/SeatGeek and you could get in for under $15 bucks today. Wonder how long the McNair family can take the lack of support financially.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, tx ind said:

Got an email today that they’re offering tickets with no fees and discounts on jerseys under the guise that it was a “Black Friday” type offer.  For shits I looked on stubhub/SeatGeek and you could get in for under $15 bucks today. Wonder how long the McNair family can take the lack of support financially.

Empty home stadium with no one watching the games is the only thing that will move the needle with the McNairs. Very happy the city is giving the McNairs and the Texans the finger.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, The Earl of Texas said:

We’ll just trade one religious psycho owner for another. If you consider Bezos’s religion of being a self-aggrandizing dipshit an upgrade to our current Eastern Orthodox Catholicism, I wouldn’t argue it.

Eastern Orthodox Catholicism? WTF?

This is pure Southern exurban magachurch eyes closed hands in the air to "praise music" Evangecalism

19 hours ago, tx ind said:

nfl tv contact money is no joke 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1