Buck's Barbeque Co.

ChampKind

Everyone knows that I invented Butterfinger brisket. Here’s proof:
7282fdbc511cea94388f89406c99712c.jpg

And here’s proof that I invented Butterfinger barbacoa
353223c0b2305a6958d53c00be8f9d2d.jpg

This makes me laugh and laugh and laugh.

But seriously we won brisket at the stock grill challenge. Jim was there.
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, luke duke said:

Everyone knows that I invented Butterfinger brisket. Here’s proof:
7282fdbc511cea94388f89406c99712c.jpg

And here’s proof that I invented Butterfinger barbacoa
353223c0b2305a6958d53c00be8f9d2d.jpg

That goddamn pig's head makes me furious.

Report:
The Butterfinger brisket was good.  Definitely not what I expected.
The pork ribs were my favorite, and the folks I was with commented that the smoked meatloaf "was the star of the show."

Hey, thanks for coming in. Which group were you with?

On 6/19/2018 at 3:14 AM, ChampKind said:

Daniel is known to prefer lean brisket. And even with the diss on my moist brisket, he came with a strong take on the lean (and everything else in general). I’m pleased with this piece.

You want I should kick Daniels' ass for you?? lulz..

• Like 1

Was waiting for the article to come out before I announced it but....

Our schedule changes effective today. We will no longer be at 8th Wonder on Saturdays (we WILL be there on July 4th though). And no longer popping up at Holman Draft Hall.

Our schedule at Lucky’s Lodge will be expanded.

Tue-Thur from 11am to 3pm
Fri from 11am to 9pm
Sat from 11am to 5pm

Saturday will be Butterfinger brisket and beef rib day. Come get some.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, huge said:

That pork belly banh mi is the fucking truth.  Anyone that has not tried that yet is just dumb as hell.

I haven’t tried it but in my defense I live thousands of miles away and have never heard of this place. Am I still dumb as hell?  I need a ruling. 

I haven’t tried it but in my defense I live thousands of miles away and have never heard of this place. Am I still dumb as hell?  I need a ruling. 

You’ve heard of it you moron

23 hours ago, huge said:

That pork belly banh mi is the fucking truth.  Anyone that has not tried that yet is just dumb as hell.

Thanks bro. I have some good sandwiches on the menu, but that banh mi is probably my best one. Even over the bird.

Brought all of my wife's family Saturday before an Astros game. Afterwards, they were raving about it being the best BBQ they'd ever eaten.

Champ served me possibly the biggest beef rib either of us had ever laid eyes on. The bone that came out of it was roughly the size of an axe handle.

10/10 trip.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Champ served me possibly the biggest beef rib either of us had ever laid eyes on. The bone that came out of it was roughly the size of an axe handle.

An axe is cheaper, albeit a little less tasty.

That's my biggest gripe with beef ribs - they are so damn expensive. And then if you get one that's not done right, that's just money out the window.

12 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

An axe is cheaper, albeit a little less tasty.

That's my biggest gripe with beef ribs - they are so damn expensive. And then if you get one that's not done right, that's just money out the window.

The difference in taste between a beef rib and a few slices of brisket is negligible.  The difference in price...not so negligible.  I assume that's one of those BBQ biz higher margin tricks of the trade.

32 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

The difference in taste between a beef rib and a few slices of brisket is negligible.  The difference in price...not so negligible.  I assume that's one of those BBQ biz higher margin tricks of the trade.

Nope, they are usually a loss leader or very little margin. 

If I wanted to maximize my margins I would exclusively serve proteins like prime rib, turkey, sausage, and tri tip. Because there is no weight loss when cooking.

Beef plate ribs cost more than double what brisket does. And is nearly a 50% weight loss. Yet I sell it for the same price as brisket.

Brought all of my wife's family Saturday before an Astros game. Afterwards, they were raving about it being the best BBQ they'd ever eaten.
10/10 trip.

Your father in law was a hoot. And yeah, that rib I served you weighed in at 37.6 oz. Was a monster

e0dd6ef8e5b7ed044c67de0ee86c8546.jpg

lol4

Please show me your math on that one.

11 minutes ago, luke duke said:

lol4

Please show me your math on that one.

No kidding.  If that were the case, then every BBQ joint in Texas would be selling the heck out of beef ribs morning noon and night, instead of limiting them to once or twice per week like a lot of places do.

41 minutes ago, utee94 said:

No kidding.  If that were the case, then every BBQ joint in Texas would be selling the heck out of beef ribs morning noon and night, instead of limiting them to once or twice per week like a lot of places do.

Yeah cost and margin is an issue. But more than that is the pit space they take up. I can get 2-3 briskets on a rack that I can only get 4-5 racks of beefers on

1 minute ago, ChampKind said:

Yeah cost and margin is an issue. But more than that is the pit space they take up. I can get 2-3 briskets on a rack that I can only get 4-5 racks of beefers on

Yup, that's the opportunity cost portion of the total cost.   Suffice to say, there's no math that works in favor of beef ribs.  But I am always grateful to the restaurants/pit masters that continue to cook them for my enjoyment.

13 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

That TM article is good stuff. I didn't realize that John Mueller served chuck instead of plate short ribs. I always loved his beef ribs at the old location.

Chucks are a fair bit cheaper than 3 bone plates (123A). And customers seem less offended about paying for a 3/4 lb rib than a 1.5 lb rib.