The worst selfish asshole thing dumbasses do on the road: pulling out in front of me

markstanco

Pretty much. Clueless on what he did. 

Had this recently. SB Campbell at Central in Dallas there are 2 lanes that can turn left. The second lane from the left can go straight or turn left. The lanes you are to turn into are striped out, not to mention what the traffic laws say.
Last week I’m turning left from the second lane which guides you to the middle. The leftmost lane has plenty of room as it guides you to either make another left to go NB Central or continue straight on Campbell in separate lanes.

It never fails, the person drifts over into my lane, gets a quick honk from me to let them know they are a moron and are mostly clueless thinking it is their lane and I should be in the furthest right lane.

Nah, if it were Jesus, He'd have been in a Tesla or a Maserati or Bugatti or something... because, y'know, He could.

I always pictured Jesus as having a Flintstones type car...

To me the most stupid and selfish thing are people that actually speed up when you are turning left in front of them to make it a close miss to somehow teach you a lesson for daring to turn instead of waiting for 45 seconds for them to go by first..

10 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Had this recently. SB Campbell at Central in Dallas there are 2 lanes that can turn left. The second lane from the left can go straight or turn left. The lanes you are to turn into are striped out, not to mention what the traffic laws say.
Last week I’m turning left from the second lane which guides you to the middle. The leftmost lane has plenty of room as it guides you to either make another left to go NB Central or continue straight on Campbell in separate lanes.

It never fails, the person drifts over into my lane, gets a quick honk from me to let them know they are a moron and are mostly clueless thinking it is their lane and I should be in the furthest right lane.

I see that one all the time in Austin. Another one I've come across is the same type of intersection (1 left only, 1 left or straight, 2 straight) where I'm in the 2nd lane (left or straight) going straight and the car to the right of me will drift into my lane thinking I'm in a turn only. Then, of course, he honks. 

• Like 1

I always pictured Jesus as having a Flintstones type car...

To me the most stupid and selfish thing are people that actually speed up when you are turning left in front of them to make it a close miss to somehow teach you a lesson for daring to turn instead of waiting for 45 seconds for them to go by first..
Yeah wtf is up with that? As I'm merging they somehow are on my ass.

I always drive defensively because of shit like that. I get this weird sense when a car is going to merge over on me and I'm almost always right.

I have that same Spidey sense

Big Merc went straight from a left turn lane and almost hit me in the straight lane to his right. The lanes shift 1 to the left as they go across the intersection, so I bet he had no idea he even did anything wrong.

There's a special place in Hell for guys who drive governed semis and try to pass each other.

There's nothing worse than having both lanes blocked by two semis who are side by side trying to pass each other despite being governed within 1/4 MPH of each other.  If you've ever driven across Iowa on I-80, you know what I'm talking about.

Edited by Al_4_ISU
  • Like 2

There's a special place in Hell for guys who drive governed semis and try to pass each other.
There's nothing worse than having both lanes blocked by two semis who are side by side trying to pass each other despite being governed within 1/4 MPH of each other.  If you've ever driven across Iowa on I-80, you know what I'm talking about.

Nothing like an asshole in a 62 mph truck passing an asshole in a 60 mph truck on a incline.
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

It happens everywhere.  I actually saw it coming a few weeks ago on I-30.  I glanced down at my odometer, and made a mental note where it began.  I shit you not, it took 4 miles before the passing truck to finally get around and move over.  By that time there were 5 cars behind me.  

20 minutes ago, markstanco said:

It happens everywhere.  I actually saw it coming a few weeks ago on I-30.  I glanced down at my odometer, and made a mental note where it began.  I shit you not, it took 4 miles before the passing truck to finally get around and move over.  By that time there were 5 cars behind me.  

It’s the worst.

I singled out 80, because it’s gently rolling hills all the way, so they never actually pass.  They both gain momentum down hills, and lose it up them.  Other flatter roads I drive (35 north of Des Moines) it’s less an issue because the pass gets completed eventually.  I’ve seen 20+ cars backed up.  Maybe 30 is similar topography?

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

If you were going 60 mph then that only took four minutes of your time.

• Fuck You 3

On 10/2/2018 at 5:45 AM, Okie State said:

I always drive defensively because of shit like that. I get this weird sense when a car is going to merge over on me and I'm almost always right.

That's because driving defensively means that you always assume every car is about to merge into you or do something stupid and unpredictable.  

Sounds like you got lucky. I’ve been behind one of those assholes who spent 15-20 minutes trying to pass and would get half a truck length ahead then fall half a truck length behind, finally giving up and pulling behind the other truck so the miles long line of cars could finally get on their way.

• 2 months later...
Had to bump this one after today. Some piece of shit moron came to a full stop on I-10 two cars in front of me so they could cut across two lanes of traffic and make their exit. Nearly caused a multi-car pileup and absolutely no fucks given.
Summary execution would be getting off light for that moron

1 hour ago, Okie State said:

Car between me and him so honking was pointless and I've found it usually doesn't phase selfish assholes anyway. No good view of the plates. All I saw was that it was some generic looking dude with ear buds in a generic looking sedan. So that's helpful.

of fucking course.  that should be a ticket.

• Like 1

Had to bump this one after today. Some piece of shit moron came to a full stop on I-10 two cars in front of me so they could cut across two lanes of traffic and make their exit. Nearly caused a multi-car pileup and absolutely no fucks given.
Amatuer. Don't come to Orlando or Miami and try that shit. In Orlando and Miami even the tourists gun it and zoom across however many lanes. 2 lanes is bush league, 5 lanes is more like it. Tourist, inside lane I-4, gets almost even with the Lake Buena Vista exit before they notice it, see it and ZANG whips to the right an makes the exit FUCK YEAH!

• 2 weeks later...
Amatuer. Don't come to Orlando or Miami and try that shit. In Orlando and Miami even the tourists gun it and zoom across however many lanes. 2 lanes is bush league, 5 lanes is more like it. Tourist, inside lane I-4, gets almost even with the Lake Buena Vista exit before they notice it, see it and ZANG whips to the right an makes the exit FUCK YEAH!
I'm going to miss you when bugs bunny finishes sawing off your state. But I wont miss any if the other Floridians.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

is this the official "butch about bad drivers" thread? i'm assuming so.

i sweat to god if i'm lying in dying, here's the breakdown of people who i see driving slower than the rest of traffic while in the left lane:

99.6% are women

75% of them are on their phone- not talking- but looking at the screen/typing

66.6% of them are foreign- indian, chinese, west african, mexican, honduran, doesn't matter

0.4% are hispanic, male construction workers

I dunno wtf is wrong either the women of this city but you could probably double the number of cars on the road and if none of them had two x chromosomes then i believe we'd see traffic and commute times cut in half. christ almighty it's an every-day occurrence for anyone who drives mopac/183/N Lamar.