Poll: Which NBA team will LeBron sign with in the 2018 offseason?

Machinator

What NBA team will LeBron go to in the 2018 offseason?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. What NBA team will LeBron sign with in the 2018 offseason?

• Cleveland Cavaliers
    • Boston Celtics
    • Philadelphia 76ers
    • Houston Rockets
    • Golden State Warriors
    • Los Angeles Lakers
    • Miami Heat
    • The field

I'll play since I know as much as anyone else.  (Nothing.)

Bron and Chris Paul sign with the Lakers as FA's.  The Lakers then trade all valuable assets to either OKC for Paul George or SA for Khawi.  OKC's lineup is then Lonzo, Westbrook, Ingram, Randle, and Adams.  SA's would be Lonzo, someone at SG, Ingram, LA, and someone at C.  Lulz at LaVarr getting exiled to OKC or Pop having to deal with dumb ass, though.

What Bron should do is go to Philly, though.  Easier to win, easier traveling, and a he'd deep six Kyrie in Boston.  I'm assuming a few shooters follow Bron to Philly.

Edited by Aqua Buddha

44 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I'll play since I know as much as anyone else.  (Nothing.)

Bron and Chris Paul sign with the Lakers as FA's.  The Lakers then trade all valuable assets to either OKC for Paul George or SA for Khawi.  OKC's lineup is then Lonzo, Westbrook, Ingram, Randle, and Adams.  SA's would be Lonzo, someone at SG, Ingram, LA, and someone at C.  Lulz at LaVarr getting exiled to OKC or Pop having to deal with dumb ass, though.

What Bron should do is go to Philly, though.  Easier to win, easier traveling, and a he'd deep six Kyrie in Boston.  I'm assuming a few shooters follow Bron to Philly.

Someone has been listening to the Collin Cowherd show

44 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

I actually think LBJ, George, CP3, Kuzma and whoever else they mange to keep would be a formidable team. 

Be hard to sign those guys outright.... probably have to trade for 1 or more which means losing assets.... may be able to keep one of their younger four..... maybe 2 but probably not especially with randle expected to get a big offer sheet.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

I'm not so sure that LeBron to Philly would be good for the Sixers in the long term.  LeBron will be 34 next year.  Simmons, Embiid, Saric, Fultz are all 23 or younger.  They need to "trust the process" and keep developing these guys. I think that happens at a slower pace with LeBron there.  And just because he hasn't fallen off yet, doesn't mean that he won't sometime soon.  And when it does, how will he react?  Will he gracefully pass the torch to the younger generation, or will he run them off?

Show me a single good young player who has developed well around LeBron.  Kyrie?  Maybe.  But LeBron is also just as likely to get your coach fired and run off the other players who want a little of the limelight.  

that reggie miller thing is so dumb.  if lebron, cp3 and paul george went to the fucking magic they'd be the favorites in the east.  there isn't a team in the east that wouldn't be the favorites if those 3 guys went there.  people are just throwing shit out there now.

Knicks are a no-go, since that Joakim Noah contract is one of the 3 worst in the league. Nobody is taking that for any amount of picks. Tim Hardaway's contract is terrible too. I expect Enes kanter to opt-in at 18m, so it's gonna be tough to move those to make 60m in space to sign 2 max free agents. 

26 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Knicks are a no-go, since that Joakim Noah contract is one of the 3 worst in the league. Nobody is taking that for any amount of picks. Tim Hardaway's contract is terrible too. I expect Enes kanter to opt-in at 18m, so it's gonna be tough to move those to make 60m in space to sign 2 max free agents. 

According to every teams fans,  the cavs are chomping at the bit to take on bad contracts in exchange for lebron.

My money is on the 76ers acquiring LBJ's services. Philly is in possession of a solid, young nucleus and they won't have to gut their roster to sign LBJ like a lot of other contenders. LBJ can remain in the east where it's an easier path to the finals and the rivalry with Boston would be huge.

3 hours ago, HookEm said:

I'm not so sure that LeBron to Philly would be good for the Sixers in the long term.  LeBron will be 34 next year.  Simmons, Embiid, Saric, Fultz are all 23 or younger.  They need to "trust the process" and keep developing these guys. I think that happens at a slower pace with LeBron there.  And just because he hasn't fallen off yet, doesn't mean that he won't sometime soon.  And when it does, how will he react?  Will he gracefully pass the torch to the younger generation, or will he run them off?

Show me a single good young player who has developed well around LeBron.  Kyrie?  Maybe.  But LeBron is also just as likely to get your coach fired and run off the other players who want a little of the limelight.  

Nah. LeBron goes to Philly and their season starts in the ECF every year, and barring an injury to LBJ there’s almost no way they don’t at least nab one title. As long as they win a title then acquiring him was worth it. 

Also, LeBron is not falling off any time soon, and when he does, he’s still one of the craftiest, highest IQ guys of all time who’s still 6’8” with a reliable jumper. He’s gonna age gracefully for a few years before he calls off any cliff.

Edited by Goo Punch

I'm not so sure that LeBron to Philly would be good for the Sixers in the long term.  LeBron will be 34 next year.  Simmons, Embiid, Saric, Fultz are all 23 or younger.  They need to "trust the process" and keep developing these guys. I think that happens at a slower pace with LeBron there.  And just because he hasn't fallen off yet, doesn't mean that he won't sometime soon.  And when it does, how will he react?  Will he gracefully pass the torch to the younger generation, or will he run them off? Show me a single good young player who has developed well around LeBron.  Kyrie?  Maybe.  But LeBron is also just as likely to get your coach fired and run off the other players who want a little of the limelight.  

Him and Simmons I don't think would mesh on the court.

45 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

Also, LeBron is not falling off any time soon, and when he does, he’s still one of the craftiest, highest IQ guys of all time who’s still 6’8” with a reliable jumper. He’s gonna age gracefully for a few years before he calls off any cliff.

I was thinking even if he loses some of his quickness,  he has the skills and size to basically be a draymond type player,  or a boris diaw type.  Undersized post player with high iq and great passing, and good rebounding, and a solid enough 3pt shot.  Even now LeBron has a decent post up game when he decides to use it.

On 6/11/2018 at 11:43 AM, Vic Mackey said:
On 6/11/2018 at 10:58 AM, EvilCaseMcCoy said:
I can't see Lebron going anywhere in the west besides the Warriors.  He's not going to risk going down in the WCF.  

According to a lot of dumb assess logic, it's better to lose earlier in the playoffs than in the Finals.

I think LJ either goes to Houston or Philadelphia this off season...

1 hour ago, kopp0e said:

I think LJ either goes to Houston or Philadelphia this off season...

If I’m in LeBron’s shoes I’m either joining my boy CP3 in Houston, joining an in-tact Philly team, or demanding a trade to Boston. But, I can’t ruke out that LeBron will try and form another of his own super teams in LA with guys like CP3 or Paul George.

All if that said, If Kawhi ends up being fully committed to the Spurs and says as much to LeBron, then playing in SA with Kawhi and LA sounds very nice- that is if he’s willing to be coached.

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I thought the school denied Payton's claims???

They may have, but that’s what they would do if it were 100% true anyway. I work at a private school and when the Bush twins were in school (I was also a student at the school at the time) and they had secret service people in contact with our Head of School in making sure that nothing about the girls was leaked. It’ll be the same way if LBJ actually wants his kids to go there.

I had that thought too, but why would cousins agree to play in cleveland?  I guess he could get more money in the S/T vs signing to a team with cap room.  But then  he'd be stuck on a shit team for the remainder of his prime.   Plus would cleveland do that for a guy that just blew up his Achilles?   He might have to sign a 1 year deal to prove he's healthy.

My buddies and I have been throwing that one around for awhile. I’d love to see LeBron and AD lesson that team going forward. I still think that AD is next in line behind LeBron and KD, ahead of the Freak, KAT, Embiid, etc. I think the league will be his if he stays healthy, and especially if he can team up with LBJ for a few years.

Edited by Goo Punch

4 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Ha.  Yea, I don't think he's going there but it'd be cooler if he did...... AD, Lebron, Holiday, and some filler would be quite interesting.

The one argument you could make for the trade is that Boogie will be such a cancer and physically not the same player that he's pretty much guaranteed to help the Cavs tank.

And make no mistake, if/when Lebron walks out that door, Cleveland will be absolutely irrelevant for years and the path forward should be tanking like the 3rd Reich made Panzers.  I want to see Lue signed to a 3 year extension and Clarkson playing 38 minutes a game next year.

1 minute ago, Ricky Butler said:

I think Lebron is coming to LA. It'll take a few years to build a contender, but I imagine it checks all of his lifestyle boxes. 

I don't think Lebron is interested in rebuilding with a club.  Wherever he goes, the mission will be to have a ready to roll team next season.  If he goes to LA, who has a young core, it'll be to trade off some of those youngsters for win now guys.  I don't think he wants to wait around until he's 36 to challenge for another championship.