Trivial things that please the ever living shit out of you

Tailleur17

Been working like a dog for the past 2 months. Staying at the office until 7 or 8, coming in on Saturdays...etc. Two high priority projects that were both due back to back. One was a colossal thing I worked on for close to 5 months due last Thursday, which is exactly when the client got it. Another was a rush job that would have usually taken at least 6 weeks, but I only got a month and had to work on it while also finishing the other thing. Due tomorrow. Just sent off to boss for final review so he can deliver it in the morning.

I'm going home and drinking a couple of beers and going out to dinner with my wife. Then I get the house to myself while she heads home to see her folks this weekend. You know where I'm not gonna be spending most of Saturday for the first time since Xmas?

Pleases the ever-living shit out of me. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5

On 1/8/2024 at 12:48 AM, conVINCEd said:

The paramedic in the back of the ambulance tonight managed to get an IV into me while driving over very rough roads in a construction zone.  I’m fine, just a little scare, but that guy hitting the vein cleanly on the first try while navigating a construction zone. Tip of the cap sir.

what did you have stuck in your ass? 

19 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

Been working like a dog for the past 2 months. Staying at the office until 7 or 8, coming in on Saturdays...etc. Two high priority projects that were both due back to back. One was a colossal thing I worked on for close to 5 months due last Thursday, which is exactly when the client got it. Another was a rush job that would have usually taken at least 6 weeks, but I only got a month and had to work on it while also finishing the other thing. Due tomorrow. Just sent off to boss for final review so he can deliver it in the morning.

I'm going home and drinking a couple of beers and going out to dinner with my wife. Then I get the house to myself while she heads home to see her folks this weekend. You know where I'm not gonna be spending most of Saturday for the first time since Xmas?

Pleases the ever-living shit out of me. 

Edited by PvilleStang

• 1 month later...

Going to an online article that bombards you with:

• lower right auto-play videos that partially obscure the article text
  • full background ad that shrinks the article to maybe 20% of the visible screen
  • 5 to 8 ads jammed into the middle of the page that break up the article to where you have to search for where the article continues.

But then going to the article on Brave or using another bullshit blocker and all of that disappears and I can just cleanly read the article.

Sometimes I do that exact process just to get the enjoyment of it.

• Like 2

Been paying attention and I’m the only car on the road today not using windshield wipers because i got some hydrophobic shit on and all the rain just beads off. 

feels goodman. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

All these damn years, I've been doing it the hard way. I may never go to work again.

81yF3Vcf0WL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CQX61G7P?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Does wonders for the life of the hinges on that screen.  And puts undue stress on the battery life of the laptop (given it's pulling power from the USB-C outlet).  

Does wonders for the life of the hinges on that screen.  And puts undue stress on the battery life of the laptop (given it's pulling power from the USB-C outlet).  
Back stand support.

Most of the time, when in use, it's plugged in
419603b665138a27c9de1e200f52d559.jpg

On the Japanese bullet trains, female attendants would walk up the aisle of the train car. When she gets to the front, she’ll turn around and do a subtle bow before going to the next car.

I don’t think most people notice, but to me, it just enforces the “stereotype” that the Japanese are respectful.

IMG_2959.thumb.jpeg.a26b8195e332bdf3c711bbefd6451e88.jpeg

1 hour ago, Superhero said:

On the Japanese bullet trains, female attendants would walk up the aisle of the train car. When she gets to the front, she’ll turn around and do a subtle bow before going to the next car.

I don’t think most people notice, but to me, it just enforces the “stereotype” that the Japanese are respectful.

until it's time to get in an elevator, where they will push and shove like a mofo

• Rage+1 1

17 hours ago, Superhero said:

Go watch the front door ceremony at opening of any department store there.

19 hours ago, Superhero said:

When she gets to the front, she’ll turn around and do a subtle bow before going to the next car.

She was just signaling you to follow her to the sleeper car. You missed it. 

All these damn years, I've been doing it the hard way. I may never go to work again.
81yF3Vcf0WL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CQX61G7P?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I was in a conference room yesterday with a few dozen of my peers and VPs. Had to do some heavy spreadsheet pivoting and presenting on a big Webex screen. Whipped out the 2nd monitor and then saw a half dozen people head to Amazon and buy their own.

Then I stopped by Tumi and upgraded backpacks to more comfortably accommodate the extra screen for travel.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

One of my daughters (no pics, pervs) had neck surgery today (fused C5-6, artificial disc in C4-5). Her mom and I ordered supper from the hospital kitchen with low expectations for the result. The tri-tip, Yukon gold potatoes, and roasted carrots were restaurant worthy, no exaggeration.

IMG-0572.jpg

And it arrived hot. Hospital food FTMFW.  At least this one time. 

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

One of my daughters (no pics, pervs) had neck surgery today (fused C5-6, artificial disc in C4-5). Her mom and I ordered supper from the hospital kitchen with low expectations for the result. The tri-tip, Yukon gold potatoes, and roasted carrots were restaurant worthy, no exaggeration.
IMG-0572.jpg

And it arrived hot. Hospital food FTMFW.  At least this one time. 

Houston? Fondren?

On 4/20/2024 at 9:41 PM, BearSchlong said:

Houston? Fondren?

Private surgical hospital in Rapid City, SD. According to my daughter, one of the surgeons raises the grass-fed and finished angus beef that they serve at the hospital.

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
Grass, not grain. lol
  • Like 2