Trivial things that please the ever living shit out of you

Tailleur17

Someone recently complained in the Trivial Shit Piss thread about nachos that require too much assembly and/or reconstruction (a frustration that I fully share) so I wanted to post a picture of the precise manner in which my local joint prepares their nachos. 

20230629_192749.thumb.jpg.412617fd0d0a4197280b440f0b990003.jpg

Every chip has beans, chicken, cheese, and jalapeños carefully placed on it. Still a little bit of assembly required (guacamole and sour cream) but I guess I can understand leaving those off during transport. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5
  • Drool 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That moment when you realize those 2 beers you put in the freezer to cool off have been in there 40 minutes or so.

Opened first one and poured it into glass, only for the beer to freeze in the neck when the air hit it. Shook it a little, and out it came.  It is so damned cold for a beer.  Very nice with this hotass weather.

Yuengling Oktoberfest, if you must ask.

That moment when you realize those 2 beers you put in the freezer to cool off have been in there 40 minutes or so.
Opened first one and poured it into glass, only for the beer to freeze in the neck when the air hit it. Shook it a little, and out it came.  It is so damned cold for a beer.  Very nice with this hotass weather.
Yuengling Oktoberfest, if you must ask.

Wrap a wet paper towel around a hot beer when you stick it in the freezer. Ice cold in 10 minutes.
490acfe70f22c34db0ef801a1931d085.jpg
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Most of the hotels I’ve stayed at recently have opted to use pump size shampoos and conditioners instead of the little bottles.

This way I don’t run out of body wash, and it’s probably better for the environment not having thousands upon thousands of little bottles in the, but landfills.

The downside is not having the little bottles when I go camping, but that’s a trade-off I’m willing to make. 

2 hours ago, Superhero said:

Most of the hotels I’ve stayed at recently have opted to use pump size shampoos and conditioners instead of the little bottles.

This way I don’t run out of body wash, and it’s probably better for the environment not having thousands upon thousands of little bottles in the, but landfills.

The downside is not having the little bottles when I go camping, but that’s a trade-off I’m willing to make. 

A guy I knew in college used to piss in people’s shampoo bottles at house parties. I can’t bring myself to use those big bottles, but I get what you’re saying. 
My wife cleans our hotel bathroom out of every travel-sized toiletry and gives them to our local women’s shelter. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Superhero said:

I hate body wash. IMO, it’s an idiotic conspiracy to sell more product. 
Just give me a plain bar of soap, please. I don’t want to use your nasty hotel wash rag to clean myself or, alternatively, use massive amounts of the bottle stuff. 
And now @Kennythetiger has given me another reason not to use the hotel bottles. You think his buddy was the first and/or last to think of pissing into a bottle of shampoo/body wash?  Now I’m never going to use those things again!

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, nnm said:

I hate body wash. IMO, it’s an idiotic conspiracy to sell more product. 
Just give me a plain bar of soap, please. I don’t want to use your nasty hotel wash rag to clean myself or, alternatively, use massive amounts of the bottle stuff. 
And now @Kennythetiger has given me another reason not to use the hotel bottles. You think his buddy was the first and/or last to think of pissing into a bottle of shampoo/body wash?  Now I’m never going to use those things again!

All this annoying behavior by hotels had me change my habits, now I just bring my own shampoo and soap on a trip, then I don't have to worry about the inadequate supplies that hotels provide.

19 hours ago, Sam Lin said:

You wash when you go camping?

Sometimes. But usually yes if there are showers.

If the campsite doesn’t have running water, we’ll just wipe down at the end of the day so we don’t get the sleeping bags too dirty.

18 hours ago, pantone159 said:

All this annoying behavior by hotels had me change my habits, now I just bring my own shampoo and soap on a trip, then I don't have to worry about the inadequate supplies that hotels provide.

The pump shampoo and body wash bottles are usually mounted about 4’ to 5’ high. Unless someone has a super strong bladder, chances are the bottles are pee free. 

22 hours ago, Superhero said:

Yeah, but I'm curious about the sanitary aspects of that?

I quit diet coke cold turkey.  Pretty proud.

25 minutes ago, Superhero said:

The pump shampoo and body wash bottles are usually mounted about 4’ to 5’ high. Unless someone has a super strong bladder, chances are the bottles are pee free. 

The do unscrew to refill... And never underestimate someone who's willing to piss in a shampoo bottle.

Also, if the shampoo bottle smells like piss, don't trust the conditioner, either.

• Hook 'Em 1

They unscrew from the wall. It depends on the determination of the pisser.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, tigol said:

They unscrew from the wall. It depends on the determination of the pisser.

We haven’t stayed at a place < $400/night since… I don’t remember. Wife likes the expensive places (recall my $400 hotel and $120 breakfast). Hopefully the clientele are a step above someone staying at a Motel 6.

4 hours ago, closetohumping said:

I quit diet coke cold turkey.  Pretty proud.

IMG_0876.gif.2ed767fa106a65811759a387a2c97caf.gif

You can pry a Diet Coke from my dead cold fingers. 

We’re in Toronto on vacation. We spent yesterday afternoon on Center Island canoeing and biking along the beach.

We rode through a small community with cute cottages. My daughter pointed out the homes she liked. She likes art and has built some cool homes in Minecraft. I hope one day she’ll go into architecture.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My shitty old pickup sits in our driveway (yeah, my wife LOVES that).  I don't drive it regularly, just when I need to: hunting, fishing, hauling shit.  As 1) I don't fish as much as I'd like, and 2), this shitty-ass summer has made that unlikely to happen, the truck will sit idle for long periods of time.  And....the heat draws down the battery.  I've known for a while I need to hook it up to a trickle charger.  But I didn't want to run a cord out of the garage into the driveway, looking even more rednecky and annoying the wife even more.

So, after jumpstarting it this past weekend (towing a bbq pit for some modifications), I said goddammit, I need to break down and get one.  Wait....I bet they make solar powered ones.  Found one online.  Ordered it Sat night, had it Sunday morning.  Hooked it up, it's working like a charm.  A $40 fix, and now the truck will start reliably when I need it.  That's nice to have.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Frustrated with work because one person’s lack of communication skills and general attitude. Left work in a shit mood that I should just jump ship (at least on the project). Anyways, took my youngest daughter to gymnastics. She has been frustrated with her cartwheels. She hit several perfect and had a huge smile which makes me smile.

Also, fuck that cunt at work.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Flying during Covid was the most pleasant travel I'll ever have. 20 people on the entire flight most of the time. Tickets were half price or less. And airports had zero lines or waits for check in, customs, immigration. Customs wouldn't search your shit because they didn't want to be near you for any longer than necessary.

• Hook 'Em 3

Pint glasses from the freezer. We were at a El Jacalito on Oltorf a few days ago. Just okay Mexican food, that's it. Small place in a strip center. But big enough for the owner to have a dedicated freezer for the glasses. And they are cold when the pours are made. 

Maybe not that trivial but it pleases, no doubt. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 9/2/2023 at 9:59 AM, nnm said:

One of the benefits of being an empty nester is being able to have a nice little quickie anytime, anywhere in the house. Mid-morning on a Saturday after coffee and some early chores is nice. 

Random sex during the day? How do you sneak the girlfriend in without your wife finding out?

• Haha 1

On 8/27/2023 at 7:30 AM, Kennythetiger said:

New baby threads like KingKoopa’s, and football road-trip threads like those slapdicks getting ready to go to Tuscaloosa. 

There is a good one on the Daily Texan page - Off Grid Alaska.  Some dude on here lives up there and post pics/updates and answers questions.  Pretty cool

On 8/27/2023 at 2:38 AM, Sam Lin said:

Flying during Covid was the most pleasant travel I'll ever have. 20 people on the entire flight most of the time. Tickets were half price or less. And airports had zero lines or waits for check in, customs, immigration. Customs wouldn't search your shit because they didn't want to be near you for any longer than necessary.

I flew major routes during covid and it wasnt any less busy. More annoying actually, having to wear goddamn mask on a long haul, particularly to sleep. 

Most pleasant are the few times i fly through small airports. Breezy starting from the moment you park at the airport.