2018 Football Season Game Prediction Contest

Huckleberry

Horns - 23

Terps - 19

Something stinks to high heaven about the situation Maryland is in currently.  Part of me thinks they're going to come out playing hard, and we're going to "pull a Texas" as we've done so many times in this decade (particularly because that phrase didn't exist until this decade).  However, there's just so much turmoil, Texas wins despite committing three turnovers in the rain, 2 of which will be in the redzone.

Just like going into 2015, we'll go into the season knowing we should've fired the offensive coordinator, but we kept him because of "growing in the system," "culture," "last year's underclassmen being more experienced" or whatever other buzzwords we use to make us feel better about our team sucking for a decade.

So sick of the bullshit talk and just for once want to watch Texas take the field with the players caring just as much or more about the outcome than their instagram likes and twitter followers

Edited by X-Wing @Aliciousness
  • Fuck You 2

11 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Who coined the phrase "pull a Texas"?  Never heard it until now.  Probably a bunch of jizz swilling folks from east of here.  

Or a frustrated fan who's watched the team fail to win more than 6 games in a season for a full graduating class.

You have to admit, we've laid some unbelievably big eggs in the past 5 years.

We're 2-11 vs. non-con P5 opponents in the last 5 years.  The two wins are Missouri in last year's Texas bowl, and 4-8 Notre Dame from 2016... Are y'all not sick of buying into the meritless hype every single August only to be let down?

I mean, I picked them to win, but jeezuz.  For once play like you're supposed to Texas.

• Fuck You 2