Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

8 minutes ago, mdmost said:

His arrogance is astounding given it masks that he has no idea how to fix this. But come on, we all saw this coming. He lost to SMU, Navy, and UCONN the year we hired him. We knew we aren’t getting the best option. But we had to roll the dice on him and like Charlie, we chose poorly. So let’s roll the dice again. If you can get Whittingham from Utah or Fleck, then do it.

no on fleck.  different version of Herman in my opinion.  I know people don't like him but Whittingham seems like an actual head football coach

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mdmost said:

His arrogance is astounding given it masks that he has no idea how to fix this. But come on, we all saw this coming. He lost to SMU, Navy, and UCONN the year we hired him. We knew we aren’t getting the best option. But we had to roll the dice on him and like Charlie, we chose poorly. So let’s roll the dice again. If you can get Whittingham from Utah or Fleck, then do it.

Do people on here really know this little about college football nationally? Whittingham has had like 100 opportunities to leave Utah, but he’s a lifer there. He’s even said he won’t still be coaching at 65, and he’s 59.

I thought of a way mensa hasn't totally fucked us.  His pleas to play aggy in a regular series has not materialized.

Good lord, if he ever coached us to a humiliating loss against aggy (cuz you know he will), this shit would be burned to the ground.

Fire him before he has more opportunity to embarrass us. 

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

no on fleck.  different version of Herman in my opinion.  I know people don't like him but Whittingham seems like an actual head football coach

I think you’re wrong here. I see more coaching out of fleck than I’ve ever seen from Herman. I’m done with Tom and his “I’m smarter than you” shit. He sucks ass and can’t actually coach

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

I had already turned it off. Didn't see this. 

What a fucking flaming bag of poop this has become. 

5 seconds left we call a timeout down 24-3. It was so fucking pathetic I’m embarrassed to say I root for Texas football. 

I also think we had 4 personal fouls in the fourth quarter when the team unraveled. Total lack of discipline and character. That all starts at the top. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

I think you’re wrong here. I see more coaching out of fleck than I’ve ever seen from Herman. I’m done with Tom and his “I’m smarter than you” shit. He sucks ass and can’t actually coach

Does he even coach? All I see him doing is chewing gum and staring onto the field. 

I’ve come to the conclusion Herman is a fraud and not the guy, but I still doubt he’ll be excised. I expect the coordinator shuffle, but who the hell would be willing to take what will likely be another one and done? Sterlin Gilbert 2.0? Has Orlando saved his job, because the defense hasn’t been horrible the last three weeks?

It’s almost certainly a shrinking ship. Find a Joe Brady type who works on an NFL staff but probably isn’t getting paid anything?

21 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Yes though we did get recruiters, we are getting good players but they aren't being developed or coached.  

Finding good recruiters is much easier than finding good coaches, and that leads into 2 opposite approaches for a rebuild.  A good coaching staff comes in and turns things around, recruiting will improve as a result.   Or get a good recruiting staff and stack talent for 3 years, then hire coaches to win with the talent you have amassed.  

So it's time to fire this asshole and hire a coach who can do something with the talent we have.  

Fuck this mother fucker.  The press conference, L O fucking L

Edited by Treefidy
Blaming the players again. And he promises the lack of composure will be dealt with punitively. What about the fucking coaching staff Tom? Fuck him

So... this is shaping up to be a rather fantastical nose dive in a recent memory that is full of spectacularly feces ladened nose dives. From losing by a score to LSU and ou to... whatever this is. Par for the course I suppose? At least Herman gave us last year to heap some hope on as opposed to Charlie who manages only do it against the domers. Progress I suppose? The fuck happened between ou and Kansas? Injuries and loss of starters I can buy. But if a system is effective on either side of the ball, truly effective, then there's a semblance of continuity when you lose players to injury or to the league. So what in the fuck am I watching week in and week out? Besides a continuity of regression. That's a coaching problem. It's the coaching problem we've endured for 3 straight regimes now. We gave Herman an extension and Orlando a fat pay raise. What they put on the field this season was a half-assed, half-baked, narcissistic belief that they had it alllll figured out.

Yet I'm not surprised. Dude couldn't beat Maryland in two outings. For all his cockiness, Herman can't rise above this "We're Texas" mentality that has been plaguing us for more than a decade now. In fact, he's basically embodying it at this point. Seems like he expected to roll out his team and they'll win because he's in charge. Team can't tackle, can't execute, can't take a punch in the mouth, can't deal with adversity, can't deal with being down, CANNOT GET UP TO PLAY ANY SINGLE OPPONENT. Baylor was in shambles 3 seasons ago and they just punched a ticket to the ship against ou. Besides the fact that this staff has demonstrated a lack of ability to put our players in situations where they can be successful, which is obvious by how teams have been fucking our defense up and bottling up our offense at an exponential rate every week, the players seem to be more aware of just how unprepared and how ill coached they are. Shirts for this year should just read "Texas Football: Whelp..." with an empty bottle of tequila and a dead hooker on the back. I seriously don't even give a fuck anymore. It's legitimate, textbook apathy at this point. It's kind of hilarious how Strong had a historically horrible run here and then Herman manages to put this season together. 

Saddest part is the program is yet again left with its hands in its pockets and only offering up a shoulder shrug and a "maybe next year" muttered under their breath. But hey... Midland played at DKR and bevo blvd is kinda tight so... 

I am the last person to ever want to see us lose so we can change coaches but I am now convinced that it should be done.

I actually hope we lose to Tech Friday to seal the deal.

Can not believe I am saying that because I am an old timer.

We should offer Urban Meyer whatever it takes for ten years right now and make the change. CDC will be feeling the heat now and we need Urban before USC makes the move.

Fortunately USC is winning again today so the heat is cooling on Helton at this point.

Please text CDC about Urban.....now!

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas