Jump to content
RPM

Dexter

Recommended Posts

Showtime 2 running a marathon. Damn S1 was good stuff. Addicting story and characters. Such a shame it denigrated into the shitfest it ended up as.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over-explaining why he was who he was, trying ti make him a pseudo good guy, and increasingly stupid scenarios did it in.

At least it stayed away from the book series plot where it was ancient aliens that made him a serial killer.

  • Hook 'Em 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dexter from season 1 until 4 or 5 was some of the best tv out there. It then went off the rails for me when Tom Hanks' son was the villain (I think season 6?) and religion was introduced in Dexter's life and the show. But they did rebound the next season in 2012 and it was actually solid. Then the last season was fucking trash. So much filler and situations that just happened and never were explained or expanded upon. Seemed just like a bunch of random scenes thrown together. The ending was junk as well. I have always wanted to go back and re-watch it all but really can't because of how bad it got at the end. I guess I could just stop after season 4 or 5 but it would not be complete. 

  • Hook 'Em 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally watching this and holy shit does it jump the shark in season 6. At some point in season 7 I broke out laughing, saying how stupid it is.


Love Isaac though. Great character.

  • Hook 'Em 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It had an opportunity to be one of the top tier shows, but pussying out when his sister was on the other side of the curtains collapsed the show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2018 at 3:31 PM, Vic Mackey said:

Dexter from season 1 until 4 or 5 was some of the best tv out there. It then went off the rails for me when Tom Hanks' son was the villain (I think season 6?) and religion was introduced in Dexter's life and the show. But they did rebound the next season in 2012 and it was actually solid. Then the last season was fucking trash. So much filler and situations that just happened and never were explained or expanded upon. Seemed just like a bunch of random scenes thrown together. The ending was junk as well. I have always wanted to go back and re-watch it all but really can't because of how bad it got at the end. I guess I could just stop after season 4 or 5 but it would not be complete. 

This is truth. Dexter 1-4 were greatness. You could arguably throw in Season 5 with Lumen. I think Season 4 was so good, that it often gets seen as either the beginning of the badness or the buffer between. Season 6-9 were garbage. 

  • Hook 'Em 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, I'm with everyone else on the thread. The series finale was some of the most ridiculous shit I've ever seen on TV. 

I'm trying to think of another show that went from amazing to shit so quickly and I'm drawing a blank. Maybe The Office.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Yep, I'm with everyone else on the thread. The series finale was some of the most ridiculous shit I've ever seen on TV. 

I'm trying to think of another show that went from amazing to shit so quickly and I'm drawing a blank. Maybe The Office.

The Office did slip after Steve Carrel left but it was not this level of bad. Sons Of Anarchy also got fucking goofy as it went on.

  • Hook 'Em 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, elfenix said:

Finally watching this and holy shit does it jump the shark in season 6. At some point in season 7 I broke out laughing, saying how stupid it is.


Love Isaac though. Great character.

Ice Truck Killer (which I think was season 1) was so fucking good. So was the Trinity Killer. The good ol days of Dexter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, elfenix said:

Finally watching this and holy shit does it jump the shark in season 6. At some point in season 7 I broke out laughing, saying how stupid it is.


Love Isaac though. Great character.

I thought it jumped the shark in the first episode of season 1. Couldn't watch that shit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

The Office did slip after Steve Carrel left but it was not this level of bad. Sons Of Anarchy also got fucking goofy as it went on.

Good call on Sons of Anarchy. That series finale might be worse than Dexter. 

  • Hook 'Em 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Every time i read the name "Dexter" to myself, I do it in Batista's accent.

Can't help it.

 

There was a smoking hot blonde that Dexter fell in love with in the final season. Only redeeming part.

Edited by yoladu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TXLNGHRN10 said:

It went to shit for me when they killed Rita 

 

What mean "they", Tonto?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decided to re-watch Dexter and finished Season 1.  Never can make up my mind if Debra is hot or butt ass ugly.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is one of those series I started like 4 years ago and slowly am making my way through.  I will binge a season or 2 then wait like 8 months to watch again.  It is even tougher now that I had to get through season 6 recently and am on season 7.  

I am just trying to push through to get it over, but man it is rough.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol finally started the last season....the first episode when Deb has went off the deep end is so fucking laughable

Can't wait to see how horrible the rest of this season is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2020 at 9:54 AM, HornOnTheBayou said:

Yep, I'm with everyone else on the thread. The series finale was some of the most ridiculous shit I've ever seen on TV. 

I'm trying to think of another show that went from amazing to shit so quickly and I'm drawing a blank. Maybe The Office.

Early Weeds was really good, then just got stupid

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first two seasons of Dexter were great. The big bad for season 3 sucked, but the personal life part of the show was still good. Season 4 brought in a good villain, but killed off one of the best parts of the show. At least the show didn't go to shit as fast as the books.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Scraps said:

Lol finally started the last season....the first episode when Deb has went off the deep end is so fucking laughable

Can't wait to see how horrible the rest of this season is

it is so bad that it implicates the entire series as a whole. it's the mass effect 3 of showtime television.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Scraps said:

Lol finally started the last season....the first episode when Deb has went off the deep end is so fucking laughable

Can't wait to see how horrible the rest of this season is

Seriously stop. Quit watching, find something else. The last episode and the season as a whole will taint the whole series for you. 

All that said.....

Season 5 and 6 were fine but slipping, I enjoyed 7 but I have a thing for the Australian chick from Chuck so I that might have been part of it. 

8 was a complete and total shit show. I still laugh at the IMDB rating for the series finale- 4.5 or something like that. (4.6 just looked it up)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

Dexter is back to his blood-splattering ways after Showtime ordered a new limited series reboot of the long-running serial killer drama.

Michael C. Hall, who played Dexter in the series, which ran between 2006 and 2013, is back with showrunner Clyde Phillips.

The network has handed the series a ten-part run that is set to go into production in early 2021 with a tentative premiere date of fall 2021.

 

https://deadline.com/2020/10/dexter-showtime-reboot-limited-michael-c-hall-clyde-phillips-1234597514/

  • Hook 'Em 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2020 at 4:48 PM, HoffaJimmy said:

I enjoyed 7 but I have a thing for the Australian chick from Chuck so I that might have been part all of it. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2020 at 4:48 PM, HoffaJimmy said:

I enjoyed 7 but I have a thing for the Australian chick from Chuck so I that might have been part of it. 

yep.. definitely kept me interested, where as i might not have otherwise

 

THE STRANGEVERSE!: Why We HATE Hannah McKay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or after the Trinity Killer killed Rita and Dexter killed him...he had a mental breakdown and just imagined the last several seasons?  So we can just pickup there?  

  • Hook 'Em 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus i thought i was about to finally finish this show lol. Midway through last season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Maybe they’ll follow the books where aliens caused him to kill people.

Didn't him and Debra actually hook up incest style in the book?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Didn't him and Debra actually hook up incest style in the book?

Actual line from the book - 

"What are you doing, step bro?"

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know this book but I can tell it inspired the first three hundred pages of pornhub.  

  • Hook 'Em 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They did that with her character, Darla, on Buffy/Angel. Might seem derivative.

Edited by Apep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

So we get to see Dexter after he became a Lumberjack?

and that's okay

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been binging the last few weeks and am enjoying it so far. I'm through the first few episodes of season 4 (trinity killer) it definitely has some cheesey moments, but that's expected for shows like this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DallasHorn26 said:

I've been binging the last few weeks and am enjoying it so far. I'm through the first few episodes of season 4 (trinity killer) it definitely has some cheesey moments, but that's expected for shows like this. 

Season 4 was still my favorite of the series. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I've been binging the last few weeks and am enjoying it so far. I'm through the first few episodes of season 4 (trinity killer) it definitely has some cheesey moments, but that's expected for shows like this. 
It only gets worse. Pretty much any scene with Deb in it during the last few seasons is LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...