retread

Best Pocket Knife?

My MKM Isonzo arrived last night. Nice little knife. A little pricey but it is well made. No play in the blade. Ergonomics are very nice for a small knife. It’ll probably end up being the knife I carry in my camera bag as it is very lightweight.

LNyMK317_o.jpeg

fJKW026c_o.jpeg

m2i2hXiN_o.jpeg

97Zk5zEW_o.jpeg

That CPM bladed one is tempting.  I've had an OG for 15 years.  I firmly dislike metal scales/frame, so that CF is tempting, too.
The Leek is a knife you have to be careful with the point, no question about it.  That point will do stuff a lot of knives won't, though

It’s definitely light as hell. The scales are also just a little bit wider than the metal frame only regular model which gives it slightly more to grip.

9d5d375e060cb148f4a359b893df714f.jpg

bf2e2290f048ae3e0222eef69ecf9d73.jpg

1 hour ago, Anton Chigurh said:

It’s definitely light as hell. The scales are also just a little bit wider than the metal frame only regular model which gives it slightly more to grip.

9d5d375e060cb148f4a359b893df714f.jpg

bf2e2290f048ae3e0222eef69ecf9d73.jpg

Oh my.  The extra width solves another of my complaints, that it's a little skinny.

Finished the rough file work on my Searles style bowie blade. The original Rezin Bowie presentation knife made by Daniel Searles had an ebony grip. Lucky for me I have a good sized chunk of ebony I brought back from Senegal almost fifteen years ago. The accents were silver, so I'm going to have to try my hand at lost wax casting to make this piece as nice as possible. But for now I'm trying to finish up another leatherworking project, so this will probably take the back burner for a bit.

spacer.png

Edited by NotActuallyALonghorn

I don't think it's properly hardened. While it did take a few hours to draw file all the forging marks out, it wasn't all that difficult. And the blade blank came from what was probably some backyard forge in India, so I'm not sure I would trust whether or not it is heat treated. I'll probably make a simple makeshift forge to heat treat it myself. I'm not too concerned with getting it perfect, as the early American knives weren't heat treated all that well compared to modern standards.