Game 17: Texas at Kansas, 8 PM, ESPN

Machinator

16 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I know this isn't the gambling thread, but that has nothing to do with Texas covering the spread this year. 

Where did I imply that gambling results from previous games dictate the gambling results of future games. It was merely a comment that Smart"s teams have historically outperformed expectations set by Vegas when playing games in Lawrence. 

We'll get down early, like 15-4, be down double digits at halftime, "claw back into it" as KU goes on cruise control, and lose by ~8.

BON and Barking Carnival recaps will celebrate the team's resilience, coming back from 14 down, and how we almost kinda sorta could have had a chance if our shitty 3 point shooting team just shot a little better, or that durned low percentage running floater wouldn't have rattled out when we were poised to make a run with 4:15 left. I will consider registering to make a snarky comment, then ultimately decide against it and stick to bitching in the Fire Shaka thread.

Fin.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Where did I imply that gambling results from previous games dictate the gambling results of future games. It was merely a comment that Smart"s teams have historically outperformed expectations set by Vegas when playing games in Lawrence. 

Yes. My comment was that I don't think Vegas is looking at games from 2 and 3 years ago to set tonight's line. -6.5 seems about right if we're looking at what each team has done this season.

41 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

We'll get down early, like 15-4, be down double digits at halftime, "claw back into it" as KU goes on cruise control, and lose by ~8.

BON and Barking Carnival recaps will celebrate the team's resilience, coming back from 14 down, and how we almost kinda sorta could have had a chance if our shitty 3 point shooting team just shot a little better, or that durned low percentage running floater wouldn't have rattled out when we were poised to make a run with 4:15 left. I will consider registering to make a snarky comment, then ultimately decide against it and stick to bitching in the Fire Shaka thread.

Fin.

I think the BC basketball commentariat, including BWG, are fairly level headed when evaluating the team's performance.  I don't usually read BON.

Edited by Fozzz