Jump to content

Recommended Posts

it feels like Beth, Jerry, Summer and the family home have been absent from this season. some of the best episodes ever largely took place at the home and/or involved the other members of the family besides the two title characters. for me that's definitely a part of what makes this season feel different. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Goo Punch said:

it feels like Beth, Jerry, Summer and the family home have been absent from this season. some of the best episodes ever largely took place at the home and/or involved the other members of the family besides the two title characters. for me that's definitely a part of what makes this season feel different. 

The seen from early on where they discussed considering aborting Beth's pregnancy with Summer was gold.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

it feels like Beth, Jerry, Summer and the family home have been absent from this season. some of the best episodes ever largely took place at the home and/or involved the other members of the family besides the two title characters. for me that's definitely a part of what makes this season feel different. 

Jerry developed an app and Beth was just shooting magic arrows

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Jerry developed an app and Beth was just shooting magic arrows

Jerry also just got suckered into a whole ass adventure with a talking cat because he's Jerry. After being suckered into creating an app by an alien with "don't create my app" tattooed on his face.

I was extra throwed Sunday night so I barely remember bits and pieces of the episode, but luckily caught the rewatch last night and it was certainly out there. I liked it. It was a fun adventure. The alien cat was confusing but I did like its ending as the caught up on its history and decided it wasn't worth remembering.

Link to post
Share on other sites

That episode was all over the place.

Great in moments, head scratching in spots and kinda ehh in others.

I like that Summer can wander into and out of their adventures without missing a beat.

The dragon bits were mostly amusing, overall we were laughing. The cat bit was hit and miss but started and ended well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Drew said:

It was not the greatest episode, but once again Derka is over reacting.  Saying this show isn't good anymore? Jesus it must suck to be him.

this is the lowest rated season of Rick and Morty (by a lot), and the last episode was the second lowest rated episode of the entire series. lots and lots and lots of people (including many in this thread) think the show is going downhill. what must suck is being so butthurt and enraged every time someone else doesn't like the same TV show as you do. Jesus you guys are pathetic, whiny losers. fucking grow up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

btw you guys are totally insane if you think that i'm *not* going to post everything i think about every episode in here from now on. i legitimately left the thread after all of the whining about how my not enjoying this season was affecting so many of you, but since i keep getting called out by name by these same people i'm going to take that as an open invite to post exactly what i think in here whenever i want- just like right now when i'm going to tell you that this season has not been good, and hasn't even much resembled the episodes of season's past. deal with it.

Christ, this is GoT all over again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

this is the lowest rated season of Rick and Morty (by a lot), and the last episode was the second lowest rated episode of the entire series. lots and lots and lots of people (including many in this thread) think the show is going downhill. what must suck is being so butthurt and enraged every time someone else doesn't like the same TV show as you do. Jesus you guys are pathetic, whiny losers. fucking grow up. 

 

2 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

btw you guys are totally insane if you think that i'm *not* going to post everything i think about every episode in here from now on. i legitimately left the thread after all of the whining about how my not enjoying this season was affecting so many of you, but since i keep getting called out by name by these same people i'm going to take that as an open invite to post exactly what i think in here whenever i want- just like right now when i'm going to tell you that this season has not been good, and hasn't even much resembled the episodes of season's past. deal with it.

Christ, this is GoT all over again. 

Image result for rick and morty gifs oh my god

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Js1 said:

 

Image result for rick and morty gifs oh my god

precisely my response every time you girls throw the world's biggest tantrum because i don't like an episode. also exactly my response when you all keep calling me out by name, then acting upset when i respond. it's beyond my comprehension how the entire group of you can be devoid of any self awareness.

Link to post
Share on other sites

whenever i write anything, i keep a "notes" page open on my laptop.  and anytime i think of anything funny, either relevant, or just generally, i put it on the notes page.  and when i'm done with a project, i roll back thru, and if i can make something work or shoehorn something funny in, i do it.  typically i have a few pages worth of random shit leftover, and then that typically starts the new notes page when i move on and write something new.

if you went and read my notes page, there is some funny shit, but it's all over the place, and not connected to anything i'm currently writing, or itself.  this season seems to be comprised of the leftover notes pages from the r&m writers.  it's a lot of funny shit on its own, but no real second act.  some is funnier than others, but a lot of it is not really connected.  occasional funny characters, interesting ideas, or a hilarious gag, but no depth.

hopefully they'll get back into their groove, they've got plenty of time.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah that's the thing man- Dan Harmon has shown what he's capable of time and again, and they have so much time and commitment from the network that even if they stumble a bit there's every reason to think that the show can back to its best, if not for an entire season then at least for good portions of one. The show still has infinite potential, and few down, disjointed  episodes won't change that. i'm still excited to see what the show has to offer now and going forward, even if i haven't liked this season. and i think that your analogy is probably spot on- this season very much has a feel of a bunch of funny ideas that have just kind of been thrown together with no depth. i really doubt that this is what the show will always be going forward. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

best episode of the season, easily. I wasn't sure at first, but they stuck with it, and it delivered. Snake MIT was awesome. A lot of the stuff going on in the background was worth rewatching. Rick and Morty talking shit to other Rick and Morty at the end is a gag that has yet to fail to get a laugh from me. i love cynical Rick and Morty. much better this time around. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Drew said:

Great episode...can't believed I laughed so much as just snakes hissing at each other for at least 7-8 solid minutes of the episodes run time.  So well done.  And the way they brought up Terminator logic into it was pretty well doen.

Just rewatched, only 3 minutes of snakes hissing but felt like 7.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...