How Fox News works

retread

19 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i have often read that he doesn't really sleep.  so he's probably awake 18 hours a day.  most people work 8 hours a day.  how many does trump work?  one and a half hours, maybe?

He squeezes in a little nap anytime anyone isn't talking about him.  

Can't wait for them hailing Flynn as a national hero even though he (checks notes) was literally taking a paycheck from Russia to lobby on behalf of Turkey while he was Trump's national security advisor. And he lied to the FBI about communications with a russian ambassador in which he sought to undermine US foreign policy. 

Credit to @Captainant for the link

• Like 1

I love how he puts 'experts' in quotation marks with his hands. "The experts are telling us that hundreds of thousands of people are going to die." What is his expertise again? Not washing his hands. Poor Dr. Fauci, I wouldn't want to shake hands either.

Well Pete, the US is almost to the first 100,000. And the eeeeethos that he mentioned, 'freedom over fear' reminds me of that Mark Twain quote from Pudd'nhead Wilson:

Consider the flea! Incomparably the bravest of all the creatures of God, if ignorance of fear were courage.

I’ve learned a lot from this crisis.

One of the things I’ve learned is that lots of people do not have the faintest idea what herd immunity is.

Also -

In the totally non-political COVID thread, I’ve posted the general scientific standard that herd immunity begins at 70% infected. This would generally be a catastrophe for the US and probably where that 2million dead figure came from. 200m infected in US, 1% mortality.

The cognitive dissonance this generated was a mathematical reformulation of herd immunity with a lower infection rate. Of course, the nihilists talk up herd immunity to convince others its the way to go to open up economy, but leave out the 200mil infected and 1% mortality, which they’ve convinced themselves is .001% and mostly 100 year-olds on their death beds.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

You guys wanna put Obama on the ballot? 

giphy.gif

If you put Morgan Freeman on the ballot, some Republican's heads would explode even more than if Obama was eligible.

"How am I supposed to vote against God?" "What if God is black?"

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
grammar

5 hours ago, NWBuck said:

And sometimes... there's stuff like this:

#IMissShepardSmith

God damn, that was savage. Since when does Fox News allow people with critical thinking abilities on air?

I really wanted to hear the attempted rejoinder. But of course they bitched out. 

7 hours ago, NWBuck said:

And sometimes... there's stuff like this:

#IMissShepardSmith

Ha. Have to love anchors that do not have a rebuttal because it would require too much critical thinking. Of course a few words into his speech, she was almost certainly getting a message from the producer to move on as soon as he pauses.

Fox messaging: The country needs to reopen.  People need to go back to work.

Fox reality: keep staying at home until mid-June

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/12/media/fox-news-work-from-home-reliable-sources/index.html?utm_source=nextdraft&utm_medium=email

Fox News stars are echoing President Trump's call to "reopen the country" and urging people to get back to work in the face of the coronavirus threat. But Fox's offices won't be opening up anytime soon.

A Friday memo from Fox Corp chief operating officer John Nallen extended the company's work from home directive through June 15. On that date, at the earliest, Fox Corp properties like Fox News will begin a gradual reopening of offices. The date could very well be delayed further.

Sources told me that Nallen's memo said any resumption of activity in the office will happen in phases. Fox News is essentially already operating in the first phase, with technical personnel and some anchors working from Fox News HQ in New York City under essential personnel rules, to keep the network on the air. Other TV networks have been operating the same way, with a greatly reduced headcount. Fox's work-from-approach has been getting extra attention, though, due to the rah-rah back-to-work rhetoric espoused on pro-Trump shows like "Fox & Friends."

• Like 1

On 5/12/2020 at 8:46 AM, Message Board User said:

Lou Dobbs fat ass is not long for this world.  Please let him frolic amongst the unwashed masses...come on Lou, we've got some fine southern folk that would just love to have you at a rally for your messiah.  Don't be scared of the lil flu.  Let's get these fucking rallies going.  Is there anyone on the left that can covertly arrange a bunch of Trump rallies?  In battleground states those few thousand lost voters could deliver the whole enchilada.  Why would this be difficult?  Give them what they want.  Easy.