How Fox News works

retread

You just knew Obama was going to trigger them. I mean Obama is the reason we have Trump. Everything was just so awful under his 8 year reign of terror that they had to take back their (white) country. And now look how great everything is going now! ObamaMarx knocked China and the WHO off the radar tonight.

Trump is a huge narcissist, who will say and do anything to get what he wants. He’ll steamroll over people. The difference between Trump and narcissists like Roosevelt and Churchill is that they were amazingly well-read, brave, articulate, intelligent, well-traveled, and deeply cared about civic leadership and their countries.

But Teddy Roosevelt and Churchill both were deeply flawed narcissists. They could make stupid, impetuous decisions based on hubris and their own sense of entitlement. Then talk and steamroll their way back into power.

7 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Trump is a huge narcissist, who will say and do anything to get what he wants. He’ll steamroll over people. The difference between Trump and narcissists like Roosevelt and Churchill is that they were amazingly well-read, brave, articulate, intelligent, well-traveled, and deeply cared about civic leadership and their countries.

But Teddy Roosevelt and Churchill both were deeply flawed narcissists. They could make stupid, impetuous decisions based on hubris and their own sense of entitlement. Then talk and steamroll their way back into power.

I disagree about Teddy.  He had empathy.  He truly felt it was his duty to help his fellow man and his country even though he came from a massively privileged background.  

I disagree about Teddy.  He had empathy.  He truly felt it was his duty to help his fellow man and his country even though he came from a massively privileged background.  

He was patriotic and believed it was his civic duty to wield the power of the US government to take it into the 20th century. As a progressive populist he did that.

On the empathy scale, he was more human than Trump, but Teddy was in it more for personal glory. Which means doing and experiencing things. Being accomplished. And making yourself the center of attention.

Teddy conned people, but was not a con artist because he strived for excellence, experience, and accomplishment. He had a personal ethic completely missing in a charlatan like Trump. His ambition was not the accumulation of wealth, but accumulation of accomplishments.

Teddy’s empathy ended with uncivilized people like Indians, Colombians, and Filipinos. If you weren’t part of his vision, you were in the way.

6 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Teddy’s empathy ended with uncivilized people like Indians, Colombians, and Filipinos. If you weren’t part of his vision, you were in the way.

Also Africans.  I read his book African Game Trails several years ago, he didn't have a positive view of the indigenous black African.  Of course this view was held by almost all white folks of European descent back then.

He was also was a big proponent of wildlife conservation...after he spent more than a year slaughtering hundreds of African game animals.

I love Oprah as much as the next middle aged college educated white woman but she definitely loses points for foisting Dr. Oz and Dr. Phil on the world.

Her and Gwyneth have been responsible for so much of the junk science that passes as mainstream medical expertise.

• Like 7

i dunno.. maybe it is just me... but i take more stock in doctors that dont whore themselves for the masses. Good doctors are measured, thoughtful, and largely anonymous.

Yet FoxNews and their audience thirst for the pandemic "expertise" of Dr. Phil, Dr. Oz and Dr. Drew.

We are one step away from a scene in Idiocracy.

Dr. Lexus -Idiocracy | Idiocracy quotes, Idiocracy, Idiocracy movie

• Like 3

They're losing the reopening scheme and now challenging their base to essentially act as potential covid suicide bombers. If they just sit tight, they flatten the curve. But nope, they went all in on it being a hoax early and now are going to show us all it's their way or no way. They're evil mofos that won't do their own dirty work.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Dr. Phil is not a medical doctor.  He's a psychologist.  One no longer licensed to practice in any state.

He's always been more of a huckster than a health pro.

He's a genuine follow the money professional. If this gig dips, he'll be selling Jesus next.

It’s fascinating to me to watch the same people who go on and on about celebrities needing to shit up and do the thing that made them famous, because they couldn’t possibly have any good ideas or have done any research in areas outside their chosen field are the same group of people that just fall to pieces with admiration anytime a celebrity agrees with their sacked out views. They’ll give those people anything. Hell they made two of them presidents. 

• Like 2

Fox: our lies are protected speech!!!!

https://truthout.org/articles/fox-news-defends-its-covid-lies/

Fox News Defends Its COVID Lies, Saying First Amendment Protects “False” Speech

“Under the First Amendment and state law, the truth or falsity of this type of speech must be resolved through free and open debate in the marketplace of ideas — not through burdensome litigation seeking to impose legal penalties on political statements that a jury might deem ‘false’ or ‘outrageous,'” the motion said. “In addition, the Complaint also fails because the statements are constitutionally protected opinions. Again, even accepting the Complaint’s characterization of the speech at issue, the Fox commentators were expressing their view on the scientific question of how dangerous the Coronavirus is and how society should respond to it — including what type of governmental action should be taken.”

4 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

Glad he went on the show and was able to calmly and clearly communicate why Coronavirus is different, before she cuts him off and never uses new information from the leading authority on the subject.

And she'll continue to repeat the rights propaganda regardless of what Fauci says.  

• Like 1

On 4/16/2020 at 11:19 PM, Bama Chick said:

Oh! I forgot the WORST person Oprah introduced to the world!

Marianne Williamson

Boy, that’s a trifecta of shit.

Oprah is and has been a big purveyor of con artists peddling Woo. She also launched Deepak Chopra's career.

16 hours ago, Message Board User said:

States are shut down so that more people don't contact or spread the virus, therefore flattening the curve and they get criticized for doing so and told the models are wrong since more people aren't dead.  Fuck the fine folks at Fox and their very real death panels.  

Edited by Mdhorn

States are shut down so that more people don't contact or spread the virus, therefore flattening the curve and they get criticized for doing so and told the models are wrong since more people aren't dead.  Fuck the fine folks at Fox and their very real death panels.  

Have you been following the “no politics” COVID forum in Daily Texan? This is the conclusion of 1/3 posts.
  • Like 2

On 4/17/2020 at 12:07 AM, NameAlreadyInUse said:

It’s fascinating to me to watch the same people who go on and on about celebrities needing to shit up and do the thing that made them famous, because they couldn’t possibly have any good ideas or have done any research in areas outside their chosen field are the same group of people that just fall to pieces with admiration anytime a celebrity agrees with their sacked out views. They’ll give those people anything. Hell they made two of them presidents. 

Yes, remember when colleges and professors were liberal plants for big government. Oh, well except when Engineering PHDs, noted as anti-vaccine, gives unfounded public health commentary that supports your views.

Edited by pacman

2 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

Have you been following the “no politics” COVID forum in Daily Texan? This is the conclusion of 1/3 posts.

I haven't read the Daily Texan in 30 years and I didn't read it then so much as follow the Robert Rodriquez Los Hooligans comic.