Jump to content
Machinator

Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Recommended Posts

This is why aggy is always certain their backups are better than their starters. Everyone is all-world before the season, but only the ones that play get to underperform expectations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

This is why aggy is always certain their backups are better than their starters. Everyone is all-world before the season, but only the ones that play get to underperform expectations. 

Beyond that, it's not even believable. How can two sides of the ball both look incredible if they're playing each other? 

If the Texas reports from Fall camp said the OL and DL both looked incredible I would call bullshit. Anybody with a brain would know that our 2s (Sweat, Collins, Jones) would probably give our 2s on the OL a bunch of problems. Our sites drink the kool-aid sometimes but it's never this insane. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Beyond that, it's not even believable. How can two sides of the ball both look incredible if they're playing each other? 

If the Texas reports from Fall camp said the OL and DL both looked incredible I would call bullshit. Anybody with a brain would know that our 2s (Sweat, Collins, Jones) would probably give our 2s on the OL a bunch of problems. Our sites drink the kool-aid sometimes but it's never this insane. 

One is desperate optimism the other is delusion tied to a lack of self esteem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite thing is that both the offense and defense were all world! There were giants seams on offense and wide open lanes for the running backs, but also the defense didnt give up a yard! Pretty cool how they can both be perfect while competing against each other

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

My favorite thing is that both the offense and defense were all world! There were giants seams on offense and wide open lanes for the running backs, but also the defense didnt give up a yard! Pretty cool how they can both be perfect while competing against each other

lie liar GIF by Fluffy Friends

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fantastic thread on aggy2247 :: Can we get to 36 PPG in 2020? (Stats included)  ::

some highlights ::

First the premise -

Quote

"These stats are for all games, not just SEC The offense noticeably took a step back in points per game from 2018 to 2019 (36.0 to 29.5), net rushing per game (224.4 to 159.2), passing per game (252.6 to 235.4) and passing yards per attempt (7.4 to 6.8). We did that in a year (2019) where we had highly experienced WRs, but who weren’t gamebreakers...1 functioning RB (Cordarrian had issues, Vernon retired, Corbin hurt, the rest left)...1 TE (Cupp hurt, Beal hurt most of the year)...and no backup QB (Calazada was a true frosh). Oh and our 3 best skill position threats were all true freshmen. I want to see us get to 240 yards rushing per game including more jet sweeps, more QB runs and more zone read/option." 

Quote

"also, I don't think you can look at the stats like that bc those stats included several crappy non conference opponents. We should be looking only at stats in SEC play."

Quote

"Avg points scored in SEC regulation:
2016 - 30.25
2017 - 24.75
2018 - 24.125
2019 - 25.25"

Quote

Thank you. Interesting. Yes the LSU game threw off the 36 ppg I posted earlier. Good point. The garbage time touchdowns vs Auburn and LSU helped us in 2019

 

Quote

A Mond-led offense has scored more than 7 points in the 1st quarter just one time, MS State '19. (Arkansas '18 had 7 from a Corbin kickoff return.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, golfclap said:

fantastic thread on aggy2247 :: Can we get to 36 PPG in 2020? (Stats included)  ::

some highlights ::

First the premise -

 

Betteridge's Law of headlines applies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Enchubben said:

Not a single weakness on the entire roster. Based on this they should run the table, and if not, it must be the coaching, right?

Lol, lots of weakness on the roster.  No returning WR to speak of, no TE depth, OL was crap last year and it's hard to see much improvement, a largely unknown CB group, and mostly just Mond.  I'm not on TA, but as far as I can tell, Luicci has been way over the top.  Tarp is even really optimistic, which is strange.

You guys love to rag on the coaching, which is fine.  I think my only real concerns/complaints are that (1) due to Jimbo's stubbornness, we're running an archaic offense and (2) the OL can't get the job done, and with the scheme, they may never be able to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, jordanaggie said:

Lol, lots of weakness on the roster.  No returning WR to speak of, no TE depth, OL was crap last year and it's hard to see much improvement, a largely unknown CB group, and mostly just Mond.  I'm not on TA, but as far as I can tell, Luicci has been way over the top.  Tarp is even really optimistic, which is strange.

You guys love to rag on the coaching, which is fine.  I think my only real concerns/complaints are that (1) due to Jimbo's stubbornness, we're running an archaic offense and (2) the OL can't get the job done, and with the scheme, they may never be able to.

Just pointing out that Bailout Billy can't have it both ways. Either he needs to admit the roster isn't what he says it is, or that Jimbo doesn't walk on water.  Your take is reasonable. The bearded cock gobbler's isn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Just pointing out that Bailout Billy can't have it both ways. Either he needs to admit the roster isn't what he says it is, or that Jimbo doesn't walk on water.  Your take is reasonable. The bearded cock gobbler's isn't.

Bailout Billy knows this team and Jimbo have many built in excuses for "wait until next year".  He will ultimately blame their bed shitting on Covid, opt outs, injuries, woke Sully marchers, Sips, BOMC, Hurricane Laura, Kevin Sumlin and small crowds at Pyle field.   Meanwhile Billy will count his free federal bag money stored away in John Sharp's basement.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jordanaggie said:

Lol, lots of weakness on the roster.  No returning WR to speak of, no TE depth, OL was crap last year and it's hard to see much improvement, a largely unknown CB group, and mostly just Mond.  I'm not on TA, but as far as I can tell, Luicci has been way over the top.  Tarp is even really optimistic, which is strange.

You guys love to rag on the coaching, which is fine.  I think my only real concerns/complaints are that (1) due to Jimbo's stubbornness, we're running an archaic offense and (2) the OL can't get the job done, and with the scheme, they may never be able to.

Self aware aggy.....?

See the source image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope Vandy hangs tight with them for 3 quarters.  4-6 is my prediction.  Losses:  Auburn, LSU, Alabama, Tennessee, Miss State and Ole Miss.  The aggy pitchfork  "furk" is going to happen when Leach and Joey beat them this year with inferior, but wide open offensive teams.  Tennessee bought enough playmakers to beat aggy and the other four losses are given.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

I hope Vandy hangs tight with them for 3 quarters.  4-6 is my prediction.  Losses:  Auburn, LSU, Alabama, Tennessee, Miss State and Ole Miss.  The aggy pitchfork  "furk" is going to happen when Leach and Joey beat them this year with inferior, but wide open offensive teams.  Tennessee bought enough playmakers to beat aggy and the other four losses are given.  

I'll say 5-5. They'll beat Tennessee and put it on the wall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

I hope Vandy hangs tight with them for 3 quarters.  4-6 is my prediction.  Losses:  Auburn, LSU, Alabama, Tennessee, Miss State and Ole Miss.  The aggy pitchfork  "furk" is going to happen when Leach and Joey beat them this year with inferior, but wide open offensive teams.  Tennessee bought enough playmakers to beat aggy and the other four losses are given.  

Wait, you have them beating Florida?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

I hope Vandy hangs tight with them for 3 quarters.  

I can actually see this happening.  Same shitty OL, Mond, and no experienced WR's going against a defense returning every starter, many multi-year starters.  But make no mistake, Vandy offense is on UTEP level bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let’s not be too homer about this. They won’t be that bad and will compete for the mid to top tier of the SEC. This 4-6 talk is just pure surly. They have mond and some talent coming in on defense, yes the OL will struggle but they will be in some games. Will get smashed by the big boys of course but should beat the Mississippi teams. 
 

who the hell am I kidding. They are going to struggle against the spread offenses and Mond cannot carry them because he‚Äôs just not that good. I‚Äôm almost hoping 5-5 so we can watch their spin on going .500 but then again them losing another game and being under .500 would be even better. Keep getting these 4 stars out of the northeast that ‚Äúeveryone wanted‚ÄĚ and see how it goes. I do apologize for what I said above but thought this page could use some sarcasm. Just want some Aggy tears for breakfast every Sunday.¬†

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Let’s not be too homer about this. They won’t be that bad and will compete for the mid to top tier of the SEC. This 4-6 talk is just pure surly. They have mond and some talent coming in on defense, yes the OL will struggle but they will be in some games. Will get smashed by the big boys of course but should beat the Mississippi teams. 
 

who the hell am I kidding. They are going to struggle against the spread offenses and Mond cannot carry them because he‚Äôs just not that good. I‚Äôm almost hoping 5-5 so we can watch their spin on going .500 but then again them losing another game and being under .500 would be even better. Keep getting these 4 stars out of the northeast that ‚Äúeveryone wanted‚ÄĚ and see how it goes. I do apologize for what I said above but thought this page could use some sarcasm. Just want some Aggy tears for breakfast every Sunday.¬†

big brother pop GIF by Big Brother After Dark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Their offense could be frighteningly bad. Unless one of the total unknowns steps up, it's basically the Ainias Smith Show until some DL finally gets a clean shot and decapitates the poor lil fella.

EDIT: oh yeah Wydermeyer's there too. So that's nice.

Edited by texifornia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

History says they win around 5.5 of every 10 sec games. So the question is will it be 5-5 or 6-4?  The two miss schools going to wide open passing offenses draws me toward 5-5, provided they can get the offense working with the talent they have this season in the limited timeframe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

aggy taking the NCAA dead period extension as an "oh fuck we need to TURBOCHEAT" because of course they are. Also "coronabro" continues to be the dumbest fucking made up piece of nonsense I've ever heard.

Tarp coming in with the "you guys remember we're on probation, right?" is pretty great.

Spoiler

EiEuhcYXcAArA27?format=jpg&name=360x360EiEuh8zXkAIbWqt?format=jpg&name=360x360EiEuikeWAAAaljT?format=jpg&name=360x360EiEujGFXYAIPAYm?format=jpg&name=360x360EiEuvXEXcAE2MC6?format=jpg&name=360x360EiEuv5SWoAAywzW?format=jpg&name=360x360EiEuwfnXcAAB1BH?format=jpg&name=360x360EiEuxBfXsAE7Amc?format=jpg&name=360x360

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Horns 247 / Mike Roach / Mike at Night: Thoughts on a few upcoming decisions

Glizzy up.  Me likey.

Spoiler

Mike at Night: Thoughts on a few upcoming decisions

MikeRoach
 

‚ÄĒTerrence Cooks recently put on social media that he was close to making a decision. This isn't exactly a surprise since Cooks originally was aiming for an early October commitment. To be frank, there have been several times during the past few months we heard Cooks was close to a decision and I believe it would have been Texas at that point. I think Texas has been the front-runner since the spring, but the offer from LSU definitely shook things up. I believe the family is a bit split as one side is from the Baton Rouge area and they prefer the Tigers. As I've maintained, the relationship with Coleman Hutzler is very strong, and it's hard to see any other coach overcome that. It will likely come down what Cooks considers the most important factors in his recruitment. At this point, my pick is still on Texas, but the biggest thing the Longhorns will have to overcome is the perception that highly ranked players don't get developed in Austin.

‚ÄĒNick spoke with Andrew Mukuba earlier today. He'll have a full story on Friday, but it sounds like Mukuba could be nearing a decision as well. This has been one of the hardest recruitments I've ever had to read, and the information around Mukuba has been a bit all over the place. While Mukuba claims a top four of Texas, Clemson, Missouri and LSU, I think this is truly a heads-up race between Texas and Clemson. Over the past month, I got the feeling that Clemson was opening up a bit of a lead, but lately, I think that Texas might have the momentum. Texas is the only school he's visited at this point, but he recently told Horns247 that he was prepared to make a decision regardless. The information coming out of his camp is pretty tight, and Mukuba isn't even divulging a lot to those closest to him. Nobody worked harder on this recruitment than Chris Ash and Mukuba has multiple factors pointing to him staying home. At this point, I'm going to lean towards Texas and the stock on the confidence meter is trending slightly up.

‚ÄĒI saw Texas commit Ishmael Ibraheem at practice today. I didn't get to see a ton because he had to leave early, but he looks to be in great shape heading into his senior season. He's even been able to put some weight on. Ibraheem told me schools are still after him but he's not even paying attention to them. He's locked into his commitment and he was happy with the way Texas played over the weekend.

‚ÄĒThe dead period was extended until January 1 today. That officially puts an end to the hope of any visits in 2020. There's still a loophole for prospects to come to campuses for games. For years, the standing policy has been that any member of the Texas High School Coaches Association can request two tickets free of charge. That policy is still in place, and it's the reason Caleb Burton was able to attend last week with his father who is a head coach. I would expect recruits who want to visit to reach out to their coaches and ask if they can take them, but I'm not sure how widespread that will be. Of course, these prospects aren't allowed to have any face-to-face contact with Texas staff.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Getafix said:

 

Horns 247 / Mike Roach / Mike at Night: Thoughts on a few upcoming decisions

Glizzy up.  Me likey.

  Reveal hidden contents

Mike at Night: Thoughts on a few upcoming decisions

MikeRoach
 

‚ÄĒTerrence Cooks recently put on social media that he was close to making a decision. This isn't exactly a surprise since Cooks originally was aiming for an early October commitment. To be frank, there have been several times during the past few months we heard Cooks was close to a decision and I believe it would have been Texas at that point. I think Texas has been the front-runner since the spring, but the offer from LSU definitely shook things up. I believe the family is a bit split as one side is from the Baton Rouge area and they prefer the Tigers. As I've maintained, the relationship with Coleman Hutzler is very strong, and it's hard to see any other coach overcome that. It will likely come down what Cooks considers the most important factors in his recruitment. At this point, my pick is still on Texas, but the biggest thing the Longhorns will have to overcome is the perception that highly ranked players don't get developed in Austin.

‚ÄĒNick spoke with Andrew Mukuba earlier today. He'll have a full story on Friday, but it sounds like Mukuba could be nearing a decision as well. This has been one of the hardest recruitments I've ever had to read, and the information around Mukuba has been a bit all over the place. While Mukuba claims a top four of Texas, Clemson, Missouri and LSU, I think this is truly a heads-up race between Texas and Clemson. Over the past month, I got the feeling that Clemson was opening up a bit of a lead, but lately, I think that Texas might have the momentum. Texas is the only school he's visited at this point, but he recently told Horns247 that he was prepared to make a decision regardless. The information coming out of his camp is pretty tight, and Mukuba isn't even divulging a lot to those closest to him. Nobody worked harder on this recruitment than Chris Ash and Mukuba has multiple factors pointing to him staying home. At this point, I'm going to lean towards Texas and the stock on the confidence meter is trending slightly up.

‚ÄĒI saw Texas commit Ishmael Ibraheem at practice today. I didn't get to see a ton because he had to leave early, but he looks to be in great shape heading into his senior season. He's even been able to put some weight on. Ibraheem told me schools are still after him but he's not even paying attention to them. He's locked into his commitment and he was happy with the way Texas played over the weekend.

‚ÄĒThe dead period was extended until January 1 today. That officially puts an end to the hope of any visits in 2020. There's still a loophole for prospects to come to campuses for games. For years, the standing policy has been that any member of the Texas High School Coaches Association can request two tickets free of charge. That policy is still in place, and it's the reason Caleb Burton was able to attend last week with his father who is a head coach. I would expect recruits who want to visit to reach out to their coaches and ask if they can take them, but I'm not sure how widespread that will be. Of course, these prospects aren't allowed to have any face-to-face contact with Texas staff.

 

 

This is the aggy thread, amigo

Speaking of - LJ stuff

EiFr5T8XsAE6Wqy?format=jpg&name=360x360EiFr5qWWkAEnNxK?format=jpg&name=360x360EiFr5_2WkAA7ZeD?format=jpg&name=360x360

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just cannot understand how they logic themselves in to thinking they have a better OL than us. Just mind numbingly delusional.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

I just cannot understand how they logic themselves in to thinking they have a better OL than us. Just mind numbingly delusional.

As with all their sacred turditions, some dunce made it up and the chimps just keep repeating it. They don’t question it. They wouldn’t be aggy if they did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jordanaggie said:

Lol, lots of weakness on the roster.  No returning WR to speak of, no TE depth, OL was crap last year and it's hard to see much improvement, a largely unknown CB group, and mostly just Mond.  I'm not on TA, but as far as I can tell, Luicci has been way over the top.  Tarp is even really optimistic, which is strange.

You guys love to rag on the coaching, which is fine.  I think my only real concerns/complaints are that (1) due to Jimbo's stubbornness, we're running an archaic offense and (2) the OL can't get the job done, and with the scheme, they may never be able to.

I think you mistake humor and irony for bagging on coaches.  We bag on our coaches,  (check the football board) we want them fired before they ever coach a game.  We are not fans of cutting grossly overpaid coaches much slack.  

But you guys have a special circumstance close to our heart, we know what it looks like when a coach wins a MNC and becomes fat, lazy and stubborn while his recruiting takes a massive dive in a few key areas.   
 

Imagine someone offering Mack $75M after he fucked over recruiting and basically got cut loose, who would be so foolish?   lol aggy.  
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Mond cannot carry them because he’s just not that good.

the thing is, he isn't TERRIBLE, he is just not in an offensive system that maximizes him and asks him to to thinks he isn't good at because JIMBO and because flexibility is not a core value to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Getafix said:

the biggest thing the Longhorns will have to overcome is the perception that highly ranked players don't get developed in Austin.

Well, it's a good thing Cooks isn't highly rated then. We have a great track record of putting 3*s in the NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Treefidy said:

I think you mistake humor and irony for bagging on coaches.  We bag on our coaches,  (check the football board) we want them fired before they ever coach a game.  We are not fans of cutting grossly overpaid coaches much slack.  

But you guys have a special circumstance close to our heart, we know what it looks like when a coach wins a MNC and becomes fat, lazy and stubborn while his recruiting takes a massive dive in a few key areas.   
 

Imagine someone offering Mack $75M after he fucked over recruiting and basically got cut loose, who would be so foolish?   lol aggy.  
 

IMO, Jimbo's recruiting game was great until this year (I can't speak to how he did at Florida State after his natty, but I doubt it was ever lower than top 10).  Yes, there were some questionable takes and the 2018 class is essentially a non-factor.  But this year, something is weird-- not sure if it's the recruiting violations, getting complacent or something else, but I'm just not seeing this class stack up like the last ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NoName said:

the thing is, he isn't TERRIBLE, he is just not in an offensive system that maximizes him and asks him to to thinks he isn't good at because JIMBO and because flexibility is not a core value to him

I'll go a step further. I think Mond is a good QB that could have developed into a really good QB. He's just trapped in a system that doesn't fit his skillset and with a contrarian coach who continues to recruit dual threat QBs and then try to force them to never use their legs. Not in the run game. Not in the passing game -- he keeps trying to recreate the Winston season but keeps the QBs from doing any of the Winston things. I think Mond would've absolutely killed it at K-State. If he was playing for Mahlzahn, Mullens, or Holgo he would look like a completely different QB. Just about every knock on Mond comes directly from Fisher himself or his system. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Excited So Close GIF by The Bachelor

 

Aggie 247 / Brian Perroni / 4-star CB Taylor came close to commitment but now plans to wait

Spoiler

4-star CB Taylor came close to commitment but now plans to wait

Brian Perroni
 


Katy, Texas, four-star cornerback Bobby Taylor is one of several highly-rated defensive back prospects in the Lone Star State for the class of 2022. At both safety and cornerback, the state of Texas has a lot of very talented players that will be juniors this season.

Taylor, a 6-foot-1, 180-pound defender, holds offers from schools all over the country. There have been a few schools he has regularly mentioned, though, and he admits he was recently very close to making a commitment. However, the nation's No. 203 overall prospect per the industry-generated 247Sports Composite decided to hold off.

"Yeah, to be honest, I came close to shutting things down maybe about two weeks ago," Taylor said on Wednesday evening. "I had a school in mind and I thought that's where I wanted to be. But I just sat down and talked it out with my family and we just came to the decision that I shouldn't rush into a decision just yet.

"It's not early but, at the same time, it sort of is because there's so much time left in this recruiting process and I haven't seen a lot of places. So we decided it was best that I hold off for a bit."

Now, Taylor is not sure of a timeline but things have been pushed back at least a few months, especially with the NCAA extending the current recruiting dead period through the end of the year.

"Not as of right now," Taylor said of a decision timeframe. "I'll probably narrow my list down sometime within the midseason. And then, after that, it just depends on how the NCAA allows us to get back on campus and going on visits.

"That will be a big factor in when I decide to commit. I really do want to take visits to schools that I haven't really seen before. I want to get a feel for those schools before I just commit to a school that I've already visited without giving the other schools the benefit of the doubt."

There are a few programs Taylor wants to see before making a decision.

"I know I want to go to LSU for sure, since they offered me during quarantine," he said. "USC too. And then I want to get back to Oklahoma as well for a game."

College coaches are allowed to initiate contact with juniors now in the form of text messages, direct messages and mail. The players, though, have to be the ones to make phone calls to the coaches. Taylor has made sure to keep close contact with a few recruiters.

"Right now there are a few coaches I talk to a lot," he said. "I talk to coach (Roy) Manning from Oklahoma, coach (Marcus) Woodson from Florida State, coach Ish (Ishmael Aristide) from A&M and then there's a coach from Texas Tech I talk to a lot as well."

As always, there are high expectations for Katy this season. Now an upperclassmen, Taylor will have plenty of eyes on him.

"We're getting ready. It's nice to be back in pads and everything," he said. "We've got some injuries and some young guys in the secondary but we should be good to go by district play. I'll be playing corner and we have a lot of talented guys that should be back by then. And there are some underclassmen that will get good experience as well."

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jordanaggie said:

But this year, something is weird-- not sure if it's the recruiting violations, getting complacent or something else, but I'm just not seeing this class stack up like the last ones.

Maybe the recruiting pitch of "Come lose in the SEC!!" has lost its luster?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Maybe the recruiting pitch of "Come lose in the SEC!!" has lost its luster?

This. aggy has been selling the SEC to recruits more than themselves, and that's opened the door for the programs that actually contend in the SEC to swoop in and make their pitch. 

So basically they've been selling their opponents to the players they recruit, and now those chickens have come home to roost. If you're good enough to have an offer from LSU or Alabama then why even consider aggy? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Dog said:

This. aggy has been selling the SEC to recruits more than themselves, and that's opened the door for the programs that actually contend in the SEC to swoop in and make their pitch. 

So basically they've been selling their opponents to the players they recruit, and now those chickens have come home to roost. If you're good enough to have an offer from LSU or Alabama then why even consider aggy? 

As long as it takes recruits from t.u., they're good with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jordanaggie said:

IMO, Jimbo's recruiting game was great until this year (I can't speak to how he did at Florida State after his natty, but I doubt it was ever lower than top 10).  Yes, there were some questionable takes and the 2018 class is essentially a non-factor.  But this year, something is weird-- not sure if it's the recruiting violations, getting complacent or something else, but I'm just not seeing this class stack up like the last ones.

His classes are highly ranked. He always lands a few studs. But he inexplicably ignores  positions. Like CB. And OT. Which seems not smart and might come back to bite y'all in the ass this year and next year.

Also, can you explain the narrative that our OL sucks? Or that the Aggie OL is vastly superior? You have no tackles on your roster. That's not good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Maybe the recruiting pitch of "Come lose in the SEC!!" has lost its luster?

Our record hasn't improved in years.  If that's the pitch, it worked the last two classes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jordanaggie said:

If that's the pitch, it worked the last two classes.

Being perennial losers?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jordanaggie said:

IMO, Jimbo's recruiting game was great until this year (I can't speak to how he did at Florida State after his natty, but I doubt it was ever lower than top 10).  Yes, there were some questionable takes and the 2018 class is essentially a non-factor.  But this year, something is weird-- not sure if it's the recruiting violations, getting complacent or something else, but I'm just not seeing this class stack up like the last ones.

 

2 hours ago, jordanaggie said:

it's the recruiting violations

There is exactly one out that aggy has to drop Jimbo and that contract, and it's firing with cause. Now, certainly some bags have been dropped in recent memory, but continually hammering the EC tells me that your coaches connections are being leaned on to avoid violations and without the benefit of the bag, the results are lackluster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

His classes are highly ranked. He always lands a few studs. But he inexplicably ignores  positions. Like CB. And OT. Which seems not smart and might come back to bite y'all in the ass this year and next year.

Also, can you explain the narrative that our OL sucks? Or that the Aggie OL is vastly superior? You have no tackles on your roster. That's not good.

I think I may have already discussed it 50 pages ago on this thread, but IMO, neither of our OLs are worth much.  Yes, you have Cosmi.  Yes, we're hopeful K. Green plays like a 5 star.  But at the present, I haven't seen anything from either team that screams dominant OL.  We do think your commits get late bumps in the rankings, which may or may not be justified.  But I don't really care about rankings as long as the guy can play.

Correct on OT and CB depth being light.  Not sure how Jimbo allowed that to happen.  I'd have been looking around at JUCOs for both spots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jordanaggie said:

But this year, something is weird-- not sure if it's the recruiting violations, getting complacent or something else, but I'm just not seeing this class stack up like the last ones.

I think a few different things are at play that make it feel different. 

first, the OOS impact has taken a toll in the form of in-state kids having far less interest - esp those middle-tier players and clearly on defense. The in-state kids simply don't have friends or teammates on the roster so there's not a lot of guys waiting to pounce on that offer. the number of OOS offers to guys that seem less talented than kids in-state that don't have offers has exacerbated this feeling among recruits, so instead of filling out the aggy class or waiting for the aggy offer they are going to SMU, OkState, Baylor, etc ... 

Fisher is relying on Coach Ish, Craig, and Elijah completely. Robinson is a bad recruiter, replacing Graham with Robinson was a loss. Graham wasn't great but he was a million miles better than Robinson. Darrell Dickey has no impact on on the trail and since Fisher won't adjust his offense, he's an absolute waste of a coaching spot. That's no different from before but if he's going to waste a spread consulting spot on someone it might as well be a young gun that also recruits. Santucci got his guy in Seegers and then what? He should be mentioned by every defensive recruit with a pulse, but it's just Ish and Elijah over and over. 

In adding Coley you were supposed to replace Brewster and he was supposed to bring a South Florida influx. Coley hasn't cracked that egg while in College Station and recruiting South Florida, even at the best of times, is always going to be chaotic. Keeping those kids for 4 years is always incredibly difficult, even for schools like FSU, Miami, and UF. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jordanaggie said:

  I'd have been looking around at JUCOs for both spots.

I think the portal would've been an even better alternative, but you had no counters. Roster mgmt issues at FSU caused some serious roster holes in Fisher's last 3 seasons in Tallahassee. He should be saving 2-3 counters a year for transfer portal guys and/or JUCOs instead of taking guys like RJ Orebo and Jordan Jefferson. He has shown a complete lack of attention to acquiring via the portal and has filled each class on counters, including counting forward for Phillips and Crownover. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, jordanaggie said:

I think I may have already discussed it 50 pages ago on this thread, but IMO, neither of our OLs are worth much.  Yes, you have Cosmi.  Yes, we're hopeful K. Green plays like a 5 star.  But at the present, I haven't seen anything from either team that screams dominant OL.  We do think your commits get late bumps in the rankings, which may or may not be justified.  But I don't really care about rankings as long as the guy can play.

Correct on OT and CB depth being light.  Not sure how Jimbo allowed that to happen.  I'd have been looking around at JUCOs for both spots.

So we have a proven commodity at left tackle. And you have one you hope will be good at a position for which he's not a natural fit. And that makes them equal? Look, I agree that our OL isn't exactly a strength. The difference between "kinda shitty" and "pretty good" is gonna depend on one of our  young tackles getting some experience and playing to their potential at RT  - exactly what y'all are hoping happens with K Green at LT. I guess we'll see. 

 

Re: stat bumps - that's bullshit. I didn't see y'all bitching about Jaylon Jones going up nearly 60 spots after he committed to y'all. Or Antonio Johnson going from 185 to 47 on 247's last ranking. Or Antonio Doyle going up 27 spots in the final 247 ranking. Those were all just good evals, right? 

Edited by irishtexan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, jordanaggie said:

I think I may have already discussed it 50 pages ago on this thread, but IMO, neither of our OLs are worth much.  Yes, you have Cosmi.  Yes, we're hopeful K. Green plays like a 5 star.  But at the present, I haven't seen anything from either team that screams dominant OL.  We do think your commits get late bumps in the rankings, which may or may not be justified.  But I don't really care about rankings as long as the guy can play.

Correct on OT and CB depth being light.  Not sure how Jimbo allowed that to happen.  I'd have been looking around at JUCOs for both spots.

 

13 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

So we have a proven commodity at left tackle. And you have one you hope will be good at a position for which he's not a natural fit. And that makes them equal? Look, I agree that our OL isn't exactly a strength. The difference between "kinda shitty" and "pretty good" is gonna depend on one of our  young tackles getting some experience and playing to their potential at RT  - exactly what y'all are hoping happens with K Green at LT. I guess we'll see. 

 

Re: stat bumps - that's bullshit. I didn't see y'all bitching about Jaylon Jones going up nearly 60 spots after he committed to y'all. Or Antonio Johnson going from 185 to 47 on 247's last ranking. Or Antonio Doyle going up 27 spots in the final 247 ranking. Those were all just good evals, right? 

Classic conspiracy theory

It's rigged!

What about these bumps that positively affect you?

Oh wait, those were legitimate, those were not rigged. 

Back to the echo chamber!

TU's sucks! Aggy line rules!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
‚Äč
√ó
√ó
  • Create New...