Roseanne

TahoeHorn

3 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

You know I make a lot of Aggie jokes, but I'm honestly surprised at their overt racism. Sickening stuff.

Ever since trump got elected they’ve basically stopped pretending they aren’t racist. They embrace the racism more now. 

man, this one takes the goddamn cake:

pfo 1:56p LAG
Anybody here think Chris Rock or any other black comedian's show would get canceled if they tweeted what Rosanne did?

Me neither!!! It's just more anti white crap! 

Many times I've heard Chris Rock and other blacks say some incredibly racist stuff but that's ok.... because they're not white!

And that my friends, it exactly what leftists want! 

Remember we whites need to hurry up and die so that the tsunami of indigent, uneducated non whites can continue to flood over our southern border and turn America into Venezuela!

All things Trump shall crash and burn. This pattern will repeat in every circumstance. I can't wait until his impeachment! All of his supporters will be frantic.

BTW, Trump took full credit for Roseanne's ratings. He should take credit for her racism too.

Edited by R2D2

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

man, this one takes the goddamn cake:

Well, they're right about one thing.  We will be like Venezuela soon, if we aren't already.  But the only skin color that has to do with is orange.

23 minutes ago, Pods said:

Not necessarily. I have a bunch of friends that work on film crews. I've heard lots of stories from them and their friends. It's a really rough business. They are underpaid and overworked unless they are union and that's really hard to break into. Lots of shows don't make it and they're off for a good stretch. 

When they finally get a gig like a Rosanne reboot, they feel safe for a bit, because the show is probably going to get renewed. This is a real kick in the nuts for them. 

I too also have friends in the business. Like any other industry it's who you know more than what you know. Most executive producers run with the same crew, most stage guys run with the same crew, most location guys run with the same crew, etc. I am not saying they are happy they lost the gig but those that have good contacts will be fine as they will be on to another project soon based on their past working relationship with the decision makers above them. But do agree if you get a great series it's nice to know you probably have long term employment but it just isn't the end of the world. 

3 minutes ago, SameSame said:

That is exactly who aggy is right there.  Don't ever let someone tell you otherwise.  

It's like their collective minds have never heard of blacks=monkeys as a racial attack. Obviously they're just being obtuse because team.

garcIn reply to Wycliffe_03 • 1:59p L
BallerStaf2003 said:
No. Not everything is racist....

But definitely calling a black person an ape is racist. Is that something you do at the workplace?

Give me a break. 

Seriously, it's like this board has a different set of rules for society that don't aftually exist.
Wycliffe_03 said:
Did you know that Valerie Jarrett was a touch black before this whole ordeal? I sure as hell had no idea...i highly doubt the vast majority of people know this either...or Roseanne for that matter.

Pretty sure she wouldn't have said this knowingly about a black person. That is obvious career suicide.

No one knew. Everyone thought she was Arab/Persian.

White America needs to wake up before its too late. 

Its going to get a lot worse than this. 

i like the capitalizing of "white america."

This was my favorite from that thread:

Please explain how it is racist and NOT inconsistent with the "theory" of evolution?

I personally don't believe in evolution so I can say that could be racist because I believe ones value is determined by be a creation of God. But if someone believes in evolution and we came from monkeys how can they argue saying someone looks like what they came from is racist? Further more aren't all races evolutionary by products from apes? Why then would a black person have racial protections against being compared to one if a white person being compared to an ape isn't considered racist?

Either they (liberals) have to disavow evolution and then can claim an ape comparison is racist OR realize an ape comparison is inline with their scientific beliefs. They can't have it both ways. 

Now for clarification I do not think that comparison should be made. But I say that on the grounds that we did NOT evolve from apes. That we are ALL God's creations from Adam who was made from dirt and not a monkey. Therefore I find such comparison as demeaning and inconsistent with moral behavior.

Of course...

8 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

As are most libs.

Nope. Look at texags for proof that you are wrong.

You're wrong about everything. You're a lied to doofus trying your very best to assimilate with all the other deplorables who voted for that ass clown besmirching America.

Edited by R2D2
  • Like 1

This was my favorite from that thread:

Please explain how it is racist and NOT inconsistent with the "theory" of evolution?

I personally don't believe in evolution so I can say that could be racist because I believe ones value is determined by be a creation of God. But if someone believes in evolution and we came from monkeys how can they argue saying someone looks like what they came from is racist? Further more aren't all races evolutionary by products from apes? Why then would a black person have racial protections against being compared to one if a white person being compared to an ape isn't considered racist?

Either they (liberals) have to disavow evolution and then can claim an ape comparison is racist OR realize an ape comparison is inline with their scientific beliefs. They can't have it both ways. 

Now for clarification I do not think that comparison should be made. But I say that on the grounds that we did NOT evolve from apes. That we are ALL God's creations from Adam who was made from dirt and not a monkey. Therefore I find such comparison as demeaning and inconsistent with moral behavior.

Someone here was telling us just last week that Christians do believe in evolution and that to say otherwise was just trying to make them look stupid.

Just now, Lurch said:

Someone here was telling us just last week that Christians do believe in evolution and that to say otherwise was just trying to make them look stupid.

"their scientific beliefs..."

19 minutes ago, SameSame said:

That is exactly who aggy is right there.  Don't ever let someone tell you otherwise.  

alternatively we can try to not think every aggy is a racist. try it out for a change. 

i am sure there are some aggies not happy with aggy racism. for sure the black aggies

...then the brown ones

then some other white ones in there in there somewhere. give it a shot

giphy.gif

Edited by staboner

Just now, crash_davis said:

so it's ok to be racist and vile if you think that there are some on the "other side" who are racist and vile?  is this the reasoning and justification now?

I think what he was saying is he doesn't care about being racist and it doesn't matter because he hates educated people on the other team?

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

so it's ok to be racist and vile if you think that there are some on the "other side" who are racist and vile?  is this the reasoning and justification now?

That's the entire basis for the Trump movement.   Lies about libs = justification for actually doing what the libs supposedly did. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JimmyHoffa said:

I too also have friends in the business. Like any other industry it's who you know more than what you know. Most executive producers run with the same crew, most stage guys run with the same crew, most location guys run with the same crew, etc. I am not saying they are happy they lost the gig but those that have good contacts will be fine as they will be on to another project soon based on their past working relationship with the decision makers above them. But do agree if you get a great series it's nice to know you probably have long term employment but it just isn't the end of the world. 

Never said it was the end of the world, I said it was a kick in the nuts. It doesn't matter how long they have to wait until their next job, a shit load of people who live paycheck to paycheck are unemployed right now because Rosanne is a piece of shit who has poor impulse control. They had nothing to do with that and it sucks. 

• Like 1

Excuse the digression but I didn’t want to start a new thread for this.  

I used to go to Texags to make sure I wasn’t in a bubble here and living in Austin.  I want to know the right’s real argument for the issues of the day.  

Instead of seeing the wisdom of ‘both sides,’ now I’m just repulsed by Texags as this cesspool of terrible people and/or easily duped morons.  This Roseanne stuff is just example 5833.

Contrast that with my real life in which I know many Aggies that I like and think are good people. 

Q: is this really who A&M is?  Or is Texags itself a bubble where only the crazies from that university go?  Is it representative of the student body?  I’ve gotten to where I have decided I’ll make sure my kids don’t go there, all because of something as stupid as a message board.  

20 minutes ago, R2D2 said:

Nope. Look at texags for proof that you are wrong.

You're wrong about everything. You're a lied to doofus trying your very best to assimilate with all the other deplorables who voted for that ass clown besmirching America.

To be this stupid in life is a true testament to quitting.

texags has always been known to be the mecca for racist shitheads.  this is why it baffles me about african american athletes choosing to play there.

sounds like some there are some racist asshole longhorns too.  maybe they didn't get into aggy?

4 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Instead of seeing the wisdom of ‘both sides,’ now I’m just repulsed by Texags as this cesspool of terrible people and/or easily duped morons.  This Roseanne stuff is just example 5833.

No, see, you have to give equal time to both sides.  You have to "understand" where the right wingers are coming from.  You can't call them stupid or racist.  They're just telling it how it is.

Yes, that's who aggy is.  Always has been.  Always will be.

SE Cupp with a pretty good hot take

But what's their excuse for hiring her again? Remember, this is a woman who was an early supporter of birtherism, has compared Muslims to Nazis, took to Twitter regularly to attack citizens both private and public, floated wild conspiracy theories and bullied Trump opponents with racist, homophobic and anti-Semitic insults.

She infamously dressed up as Hitler for a photoshoot and posed with burnt "Jew cookies," and has promoted anti-Semitic personalities like the Holocaust-denier Gilad Atzmon.

As risks go, she came with a ton of it. How did ABC think this would go? Suddenly becoming a network star again would put the crazy back in the bottle? Sorry — that's not how it works.

In addition to her attitude problems, hiring a 9/11 truther whose Twitter timeline might as well be written in feces on the wall of a padded cell probably didn't make much sense the second time either.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

On 3/30/2018 at 1:06 AM, TahoeHorn said:

https://nypost.com/2018/03/28/roseanne-revival-is-a-wake-up-call-for-hollywood/

Is this significant?  Culturally?  Politically?

Did Roseanne draw 18MM because her comedy is good or for some other reason?

FoxNews proved that there is a "niche market of half the population".  I think Roseanne has targeted that same "niche market".

Bump of the first post in this thread.

• Haha 1

Her Jewish upbringing was influenced by her devoutly Orthodox Jewish maternal grandmother.[7] Barr's parents kept their Jewish heritage secret from their neighbors and were partially involved in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.[7] Barr has stated, "Friday, Saturday, and Sunday morning I was a Jew; Sunday afternoon, Tuesday afternoon, and Wednesday afternoon we were Mormons."

From her Wikipedia. If that’s not a recipe for crazy I don’t know what is

18 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

texags has always been known to be the mecca for racist shitheads.  this is why it baffles me about african american athletes choosing to play there.

sounds like some there are some racist asshole longhorns too.  maybe they didn't get into aggy?

Right! That black athletes attend that university is befuddling.

I've met plenty of racist elder Aggies at games. They're awful people.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/icm-partners-drops-roseanne-barr-racist-tweet-1202824342/

ICM Partners has dropped Roseanne Barr as a client, hours after the sitcom star sent a racist tweet that spurred ABC to cancel her top-rated sitcom.

“We are all greatly distressed by the disgraceful and unacceptable tweet from Roseanne Barr this morning,” ICM Partners said in a statement Tuesday. “What she wrote is antithetical to our core values, both as individuals and as an agency. Consequently, we have notified her that we will not represent her. Effective immediately, Roseanne Barr is no longer a client.”

Barr signed with ICM last August, just as the reboot of “Roseanne” went into production. Barr has long been known to hold out out-there views on politics and aspects of American culture. The actress has also been a vocal supporter of President Donald Trump, a character trait that was also given to her sitcom alter-ego, Roseanne Connor.

Just now, R2D2 said:

Right! That black athletes attend that university is befuddling.

I've met plenty of racist elder Aggies at games. They're awful people.

The hell of it is, that university COULD BE (and at times, WAS) a great boon to poor minority kids.  Like my dad, and a bunch of other mexican-american kids from a shitty border town.  They didn't think about going to college, or think they could go to college.  But back in the 50s, they had ONE teacher who had left that town, and gone to A&M.  And he would take those kids on the bus to visit A&M, and meet with admissions folks, and realize they could go to college, too.  Dozens of mexican-american kids from that shitty town went to A&M, got a degree, and built good lives for themselves and their families.

And even today, hispanics seem relatively welcome at A&M (or at least not specifically railed against, at least openly).  But man....I can't imagine going there as a black person.