2019 Hurricane & Cyclone Thread

clapclapclap

7 hours ago, Hornsareus said:

Panic should start in Houston tomorrow... hopefully HEB will be open

My wife read that the Kroger’s in the woodlands are already out of bottled water and bread. The hype is built up in order for grocery stores to sell product quickly in my opinion. Then again, I said the same thing before Harvey.

14 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

there's just something about a girl with a coonass accent asking if you for help dislodging a rotting, stinking corpse from a tree...

'specially when it's her deceased old man. You gone get laid, brother.

Looks like this is not going to be a big deal for Texas at this point, save maybe the Sabine River area.   The more it heads east,  it will suck up moisture and pump up the temps across most of the state.   And after a wet May and June, so be it!  

BTW ....  Here is a good message board to follow during hurricane season and other severe weather events.   A bunch of Texas based Mets from both the public and private sector post on here.

http://www.storm2k.org/phpbb2/viewforum.php?f=59&sid=afec8f8535ed61f9dff3463447032d74

2 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Looks like this is not going to be a big deal for Texas at this point, save maybe the Sabine River area.   The more it heads east,  it will suck up moisture and pump up the temps across most of the state.   And after a wet May and June, so be it!  

BTW ....  Here is a good message board to follow during hurricane season and other severe weather events.   A bunch of Texas based Mets from both the public and private sector post on here.

http://www.storm2k.org/phpbb2/viewforum.php?f=59&sid=afec8f8535ed61f9dff3463447032d74

Just scrolled through it - kind of hard to know which thread to read. Wasn’t a thread clearly marked “Barry” for simpletons. The thread ATL: invest 92L seems like the right one but hard to know 

Any guidance?

Yeah, Storm2K is like here during football season, with 1000's of posts for a single storm.  But they organize storm threads into "Models" "Discussions" and "Recon." 
"Recon" is for numbers, wind speeds, pressures, nerd stuff.

"Models" can get interesting for seeing the (dozens of) different models.

"Discussion" is where you'll find chatter about the storms, with personal predictions and local observations.  This is the most useful place if a storm is close to you.  Otherwise, Models is good in advance of a storm, like a few days to a week prior.

10 minutes ago, HoustonFrog said:

Just scrolled through it - kind of hard to know which thread to read. Wasn’t a thread clearly marked “Barry” for simpletons. The thread ATL: invest 92L seems like the right one but hard to know 

Any guidance?

Yes that's it, go to the one marked "discussion" .  Page 15 is the latest info.

31 minutes ago, HoustonFrog said:

Any guidance?

Yes.   They are real quick about changing the titles of the threads once storms form and then named.   Use the little map at the top of the forum for guidance on the designations of the different systems. 

Edited by Nueces River Rat

Got my plywood, if it stays that course, or goes further west, probably head south, then make my way up to Austin. Avoid Houston at all cost. 

I'm guessing this is off the info the hurricane hunters gathered? Or have they not flown through yet?

Edited by Dewey

9 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

Doomed... Well maybe not, it's the NAM. According to the folks at Storm2k this model usually does not show realistic tropical results.

/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png" />

Yeah. That would wipe out every everything within 50 miles of the coast in east Texas and Louisiana.  Biggest disaster ever.