impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

1 minute ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

So, I'm a little confused by the flow of this.  Nadler is questioning the witness.  Did the R's just have Castor make the same monologues more or less twice instead of asking questions?

hate to say it, but gohmert kind of has a point. how can a witness be a questioner? republicans have a plan and are executing it fairly effectively. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

hate to say it, but gohmert kind of has a point. how can a witness be a questioner? republicans have a plan and are executing it fairly effectively. 

I changed my comment after I started to figure out the flow better, but this is getting out of hand, per the R's strategy.

Edited by J.R. Juniors Junior Jr.

As someone who has never voted D for President, the GOP behavior has been such an embarrassment in this hearing. It's amazing that this is the best the party can come up with and it's a shame the majority of Americans aren't watching this. I fully understand the Dems would probably be acting the same if the shoe was on the other foot, but man this is bad. 

• Like 2

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Collins should be impeached along with Trump, Pence, Jordan, and the rest of this fucking despicable gang of traitors.  Fuck that guy.  Goldman looks like he wants to rip the guy's throat out.

I gotta say that Goldman has done a phenomenal job of staying even-keeled through all of Collins' bullshit.  It's clear that Collins is doing his damnedest to get Goldman to pop off so that Fox can air snippets showing just how "blatantly partisan" Goldman is, but so far he has been unwilling to bite.  I would have found myself going Pam Karlan on Collins' ass by now. 

2 hours ago, Texas Jeff said:

Over the weekend, C-SPAN had some old videos from the Clinton impeachment.  I watched the House Judiciary committee debate and vote on one of the articles of impeachment.  The civility of that proceeding was amazing compared to what we are watching today.

The R's were in the majority but both sides were participating in the debate.  Each side was focusing on making an argument rather than just being angry at the other side.  Both sides had people saying "I recognize the point you are trying to make but here is where I disagree with you".  The R's were focused on the conduct of the president.  The D's were focused on not overturning the results of an election.  Sound familiar?

Today seems to be really different than that day.  I'm not putting blame here on either side for this -- or rather I think I am blaming both sides, but these hearings are substantially more divided and angry than those from twenty years ago.

Another both sides post....you guys are effin' clowns.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

Al Franken says hi.

Consider how that was handled by the Dems.

Then consider the total fealty to Trump despite all the crimes and daily shitshow.

Both sides my ass

This is neither here nor there, but I'm thinking the committee members the Dems would send to hearings to impeach president would behave in a similar matter. I'm not familiar with the procedures ousting Franken so maybe I'm wrong. 

• Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, LurkingHorn said:

This is neither here nor there, but I'm thinking the committee members the Dems would send to hearings to impeach president would behave in a similar matter. I'm not familiar with the procedures ousting Franken so maybe I'm wrong. 

Or much of anything, evidently. Franken resigned under pressure from Democrats. What you are seeing from the GOP members is a uniquely Republican problem. Democrats have others. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

This female counselor has a great gig.  She's collecting $100 an hour and doesn't have to say a word.

$100/hr?  Did she go to Hollywood Upstairs Law School?  I haven't paid an attorney less than $350/an hour in years.  And some much more than that.

1 minute ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Or much of anything, evidently. Franken resigned. This is a Republican problem. Democrats have others. 

Okay, so how does that address my point that in a committee setting both sides will probably act like juveniles? I didn't bring up Franken.

Doesn't matter I guess. I'll see myself out. 

• Fuck You 2

21 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

I'm lost. Why is this a big deal? If you are investigating something, wouldn't you want to put names to numbers? Isn't that a big fat duh?

If you subpoena phone records, wouldn't you want to identify every call they made?  Even if one of their calls is to their dentist, you would want to identify it. If they are calling the same number over and over again, especially around key events, you would want to identify the person directly.

4 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

Okay, so how does that address my point that in a committee setting both sides will probably act like juveniles?

Because they really don't. This is what the GOP does (since about 2008). Democrats do other stuff. I'm not defending Democratic politicians. I'm saying they aren't alike.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova