That is some spicy pandering.

Like her saying "Latinx" out loud as if it's something actual people say.

Good god.

Sorry everyone I've been out of this thread and not antagonizing Hugo for a long time but this pandering stuff has been too funny I'll stop now.

Sorry, again.

Warren has the center lane over Biden within her control. She shouldn't bend a knee to those propping up the Biden placemarker.

The path to the nomination for Warren is getting to the Biden chair now and before Bloomberg gets it. That means convincing Biden he should step aside with honor. Or not . . .

Biden as the nominee is a disaster. Liz should take his spot for the good of the nation - because Ol' Joe is gone when Bloomberg rises. And Warren is 10,000 times better than a Bloomberg as the nominee. That would be the apocalypse for us all.

She needs a campaign shuffle on messaging. She should be very pissed that a Republican is being pushed for the Biden seat. I am pissed for Liz. 

This hiding behind the unfounded notion one cannot criticize a candidate is being pushed to draw attention away from what is coming down the road. She should be livid and focused on telling Democrats - like she did after 2016 - that the nomination was rigged. They are doing it again - this time to Warren. 

What you going to do with Bernie...who seems to have more of the base than Warren or Biden at this point.

So who does she need to hit at tonight's debate?

Pete is eating Joe's lunch, so obviously Joe needs to get his people back from Pete.

But Warren is just kind of... there. Is she going to go after Bernie again? Pete seems like a more obvious choice, but it's not clear that Pete's voters are even all that available to her.

Maybe she can just savage Bloomberg and get some heat that way, but he's not onstage.

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

So who does she need to hit at tonight's debate?

Pete is eating Joe's lunch, so obviously Joe needs to get his people back from Pete.

But Warren is just kind of... there. Is she going to go after Bernie again? Pete seems like a more obvious choice, but it's not clear that Pete's voters are even all that available to her.

Maybe she can just savage Bloomberg and get some heat that way, but he's not onstage.

Warren is in a weird place right now.  She has to thread the needle between Bernie and Pete.  I said it upthread, but I honestly think she is too smart and detailed for the average voter.  She throws out all her plans, which for people who are hyper-aware is great, but Joe Voter who doesn't pay attention it turned off by it.  It's not fair, but that's how it is.

On 2/6/2020 at 2:31 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

She’s coming to Texas.

She will need to drop the Latinx phrase. Shit, people here don't even use the phrase Latino/Latina. You would think Castro would be able to guide her but that doofus has always struggled with his own identity.

Elizabeth needs to go after the Pete. He will go after her - with platitudes and innuendo - and not give a damn.

She needs to unleash the 2008 Warren on him. She is fighting for Biden's lane with Pete and then with Bloomberg.

Time to shine Sen. Warren. 

Won’t do her any good. She needs to come up with a consolidating leadership message and stop mewling about lessons learned. I like attack mode Warren more than the next guy, but she’s running for President, not Dean of Students.

5 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I like attack mode Warren more than the next guy, but she’s running for President, not Dean of Students.

Without a strong showing in NH, she won't be doing that for much longer.

I sure hope the two of you are wrong. Elizabeth of 2008 was a strong force for good. I have her back if she returns to that place in time. Still think she would make one hell of a VP for Bernie. But BC you are right - there is little room for squishiness in this election. She drifted - and, as expected, it hurt her more than Buttigieg. 

5 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Did Hugo self-ban? Or did Warren's stalled campaign do him in?

Warren: “I have a plan for that.”

8 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Warren: “I have a plan for that.”

Who? She's still running?  That was one pathetic showing in New Hampshire.

Woof. 

So wtf happened here?  Is her support so diffuse that it's not showing up in these two states?  

Did she lose it all by pandering/being inauthentic?

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

So wtf happened here?  Is her support so diffuse that it's not showing up in these two states?  

Did she lose it all by pandering/being inauthentic?

I'm pretty astounded by it, to be honest.  I'm hoping Super Tuesday will show me something different, but I'm pretty sad that it appears the electorate would rather go with broad platitudes and vague generalities than actual plans and thoughtful ideas.

if you look at the RCP averages for Iowa and NH, her rises correlate with Pete's drops and her drops correlate with Pete's rises.  She dropped off at a bad time and Pete was the beneficiary. 

17 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I'm pretty astounded by it, to be honest.  I'm hoping Super Tuesday will show me something different, but I'm pretty sad that it appears the electorate would rather go with broad platitudes and vague generalities than actual plans and thoughtful ideas.

Warren is the President we need, but not the one we deserve.  We deserve the orange shitpile currently in office because the people of this country as a whole are worthless and weak.

Now drop and give me twenty.

LIZ! LIZ! LIZ! LIZ!

I love this ad because it's an important issue and she's actually firing at the right target.

She needs to name names, though. She needs to say "Bloomberg".

This is the Liz I want to go to war for.

37 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Keep fighting Liz. Persist.

Yep.  Keep fighting.  But it's becoming clearer that we just can't have nice things.  God dammit.

I wanna blame Castro.

I need a Mack Brown style "cursed" meme with Castro's face on it.  

On 2/14/2020 at 2:41 PM, Tom said:

I wanna blame Castro.

I need a Mack Brown style "cursed" meme with Castro's face on it.  

spacer.png

This is Warren fighting the good fight. She has no voice left, but she is fighting for a better America. And the media is ignoring her.

Keep fighting for good, Elizabeth.

32 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

#PresidentWarren reached as high as #3 yesterday on the twitterverse. Hang in there, Liz!

Warren supporters send #PresidentWarren soaring on Twitter

https://www.dailykos.com/story/2020/2/17/1919920/-Warren-supporters-send-PresidentWarren-soaring-on-Twitter

It’s been a wild two weeks in the Democratic primary cycle. Elizabeth Warren, still third in the delegate count has been ignored by traditional media outlets who seem to want the kind of policy discourse that only candidates like Amy Klobuchar and Joe Biden … or 0 primary results Michael Bloomberg can bring. I guess? Anyways, on Monday, while school children celebrated President’s Day around the country, online #PresidentWarren began to trend, because if CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, and CBS are going to pretend she isn’t still an important and viable candidate, the interwebs is going to do its darndest to remind them that she has policies that can be discussed. Actual policies.

12 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Of all the Dem candidates, Liz Warren would be the best president.  

And this is why this simulation fucking blows.  

9 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

And this is why this simulation fucking blows.  

People are fucking dumb and are easily distracted by bullshit.  It sucks.  

We'll see where things stand after NV, SC, and especially Super Tuesday. Polls have consistently shown her as having vey high favorables and is the leading second choice (oxymoron?) for supporters of most of the candidates.

If we continue to see this Democratic primary trend towards no one getting a majority, she's probably better positioned than anyone to be the compromise candidate.

38 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

We'll see where things stand after NV, SC, and especially Super Tuesday. Polls have consistently shown her as having vey high favorables and is the leading second choice (oxymoron?) for supporters of most of the candidates.

If we continue to see this Democratic primary trend towards no one getting a majority, she's probably better positioned than anyone to be the compromise candidate.

bd4d8efd-967e-400e-b9db-dc1372296280_tex

7 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Honestly this is becoming a fucking meme. America is going to get the presidential candidates it deserves.

mpu

Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion