The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

OK folks.  Due to some life circumstances,  I think I'm about to sell my Gibson Les Paul Honeyburst.  2014 Traditional.  

Guitar is in GREAT shape.  It has some slight hanger wear on the back, below the neck.  It was there when I bought it, but didn't notice it until I got home.  Case has a couple scuff marks on the edges (grandkids) but the guitar wasn't in it when it happened.   It it beautiful.  Pictures below don't do it justice.  Plus, I found out that I'm just not a Les Paul guy.  I paid $2,100 for it in 2015.  It was the last new 2014 in Atlanta at the time.   

Below link shows what they have sold for on Reverb.  If anyone is interested, please PM me.  I was initially going to ask $1,700 but asshole discount will be applied.  

https://reverb.com/price-guide/guide/12229-gibson-les-paul-traditional-2014-honeyburst

5a10c62ad984c5e5b78d3a2041fefaa2.jpg

baea3c6e0afcb663e77bff330f88dbd5.jpg

Trying this again...

Godin Icon 2 and Vox AC30c7 from my bro.  Makes me not suck.  I really like the guitar as it feels/plays like a Les Paul but has more tonal variety with the P90 pickups.  The amp just fucking kicks ass.

IMG-6699.jpg

IMG-6697.jpg

IMG-6701.jpg

IMG-6700.jpg

Edited by Goredho
  • Like 9

8 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

I can attest that it is quite versatile. My Tele goes from trebly twang to cleanest of clean jazz tones with a mere flick of the pup selector.

My absolute ideal guitar is the G&L Classic Bluesboy in clear orange. 

gnl-fdastcborgmp_1.jpg

Except maybe with a matching headstock.

Speaking of those wounds. I loaned that Telecaster I assembled to a friend in Texas before I left the last time I was there. His band is opening for the Turnpike Troubadors this weekend and he asked if he could borrow it for that show. He thinks its one of the best Telecasters he's played.

Here's me jamming on it with him a few weeks ago.

e032591d038f3523a382222a3da78a35.jpg

• Like 5

Question: I need a mixer to run 4 mics, two acoustic guitars and provide outs to two powered mains and three powered monitors (two front stage and 1 for the drummer).

Will this run the monitors? I’m not seeing xlr monitor outs on this or any similar products. How would I hook up the monitors?

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ProFX12v2--mackie-profx12v2-mixer-with-usb-and-effects

• Like 1

If the monitors can be daisy chained, 1 -> 2 -> 3, I would think a single monitor feed off the "MON" bus would suffice, and the mains could be run off those L/R outputs.

I think most powered monitors can be daisy chained at line level.  It's just a matter of running the cables from one to the next.  Each volume and EQ (to the degree they exist on the individual monitor) could be dialed in independently.

We momentarilly interrupt this monitor speech to bring you this badass NAMM Jazzmaster that popped up in my Reverb feed this afternoon.  I have always had a thing for the offsets.  

k3jwt5rvnwzcsdgikwwl.jpg

u9pmpp8ov6rfcqpdxe4j.jpg

https://reverb.com/item/13975527-fender-custom-shop-tuxedo-jazzmaster-2018-namm-display-relic-black

We now return you to your regularly scheduled speaker spray talk...

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Right. That’s the plan. Question is can I just run 1/4 inch plugs/cables from the mixer to the monitors or do I need xlrs?

The linked unit looks like it just has 1 1/4inch jack as a monitor send. Will that work?

I would think that comes down to 2 questions:  what's the input on (at least) the 1st monitor (I've seen plenty of 1/4") and is it unbalanced (tip/sleeve) or balanced (tip/ring/sleeve)?

I *think* Mackie's have (at least in the past) had a balanced/unbalanced 1/4" output option on the same jack by only partially plugging in unbalanced cables (like a guitar cable) but I may be high.  Looking at the manual it does appear that the monitor 1/4" send  is balanced because it's TRS (tip/ring/sleeve).  An option might be to build a custom balanced cable (TRS 1/4" -> XLR).

Do you own the monitors or are you talking normal club or rental stuff that will vary from night to night?

Edited by jimmyjazz

1 hour ago, Chad Fuck said:

We momentarilly interrupt this monitor speech to bring you this badass NAMM Jazzmaster that popped up in my Reverb feed this afternoon.  I have always had a thing for the offsets.  

k3jwt5rvnwzcsdgikwwl.jpg

u9pmpp8ov6rfcqpdxe4j.jpg

https://reverb.com/item/13975527-fender-custom-shop-tuxedo-jazzmaster-2018-namm-display-relic-black

You'd really have to dress up to pull that one off onstage.

1 hour ago, Chad Fuck said:

k3jwt5rvnwzcsdgikwwl.jpg

u9pmpp8ov6rfcqpdxe4j.jpg

Black tie tumescence.....

This is stuff I’m buying. So I can make sure it matches.

Just looking for a setup that we can use to provide our own equipment for a small space if we need to. Drums and amps would not be miked. And for rehearsals. We already have most of the stuff just need a better mixer and monitors.