The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

Even if I could pull it off, the one B-Bender Tele I have played was so heavy that it turned me off to them.

Warmoth site says you need a min 50 identical bodies or necks to get a builder discount. I wonder if there is another quality builder to go to? If it happens, it will be quality.

I think we'd do that inferno body color I posted above, maple fingerboard w modern compound radius, and a 5 hole white or cream pickguard, maybe MOT.

From there build a consensus on the bridge style, tuners, pickups, etc. and then offer the option to have a different set of pickups shipped to me if someone wasn't thrilled with what was agreed to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Deej said:

We need to have a get together where everyone can play their Surlycasters. What songs sound good with 50 guitars? I guess we could come close to playing all the overdubs in Zep songs at once.

I instantly thought of this.....and a bonus for the drummer.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

How much extra would a double-bound orange 60's Tele cost us?

3e06809c40280e47eae5306de9a64fb5--fender-telecaster-fender-guitars.jpg.06b4cc44437a5aa4cd0262a1fd771639.jpg
Yup all this please 
Oh hell yes on the double bound tele
Since you've asked...

Im still toying with this idea. Since we seem to be after that inferno flake sparkle, I was looking at modeling them after one of Don Rich's sparkle Tele's. Looking at his, they all have binding. Like a checker pattern. I can't find that pattern at Warmoth bit there is similar To add binding a is $85 per at Warmoth, thats $ 170 extra for a double binding. Im down for the extra $$$ as long as everybody else is. I'd prefer to just do the top binding.

If I do this, it will be on the 1st part of 2022. After the remodel I promised myself a 6 month break from projects, and Warmoth is like 10 to 14 weeks out on parts anyway.

So far I count 11 users here who say they are in. Ill confirm with those before moving forward. Please reach out via PM if you are seriously interested.

Here's the pic I got with the nearest binding I could find to Don Rich's.

Screenshot_20211007-103115_Chrome.jpg228f02a87c8f4dda8d1b65fb1eb551f3.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1