The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

27 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

I'm always doing shit for others, I decided to do something for myself.

Merry Christmas to me.  Long time coming.

ri1k0dho3n6egppva6y4.jpg

Woah! He's on my list of graves to visit, but homeboy is in the middle of nowhere New York and I haven't been able to swing it. One of these days I'm just going to make a special trip just for that.

Congrats on the guitar, too.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, justinjc7 said:

Indeed, that does look very nice. 

I'm actually looking for some suggestions for a new acoustic guitar.  I used to play for a few years back in high school but ever since I got to college, I just kinda got busy and lost interest and haven't really played seriously in probably about 10 years or so.  But I've got some musician friends that I've started jamming out a little bit with lately and it has started to rekindle my interest in the guitar and I've been starting to play a lot more lately.  I've got a pretty nice Strat that I love playing but have been playing more acoustic lately and I'm currently just working with a very cheap old Yamaha that sounds like hell, can't stay in tune, and is just not the easiest to play so I'm looking for something a step up from that, but as I'm still pretty much a beginner and just getting back into it, I'm also not looking for anything too expensive either.  I'm looking for a solid acoustic in the $350-$550 price range, does anyone have any suggestions?  I went to Guitar Center last week and played around with a few but just didn't find anything that really stood out to me.

Bought my niece a Yamaha FG800. It's a well made beginner guitar, and good for a beater once you've decided to step up. Personally I would choose the FS800 because I don't like dreadnoughts.

1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

Despite extensive video footage of the transactions and the robbery, Munsinger denied his involvement to investigators, claiming his ID had been stolen. 

Must've been wearing a turtleneck....

2 hours ago, tbone_ said:

I recognize that guy from the APD thread on TOS.

He's the lead guitarist in a band called Criminal Mischief. I shit you negative. 

• Like 2

Munsinger "grabbed two guitars from a display near the entrance and fled the scene in a vehicle which was waiting outside," officials wrote. The other person also allegedly tried to grab two guitars but was too short and dropped them before fleeing. 

I swear to God it wasn't me.

Anyone own or have experience with Godin guitars?  I have been down to an acoustic for awhile, but have an opportunity to pick up either a Les Paul Standard at a better than used price or a Godin Icon 2 Convertible for half as much to get back into the electric game.  Both are in excellent condition.

My head tells me I should jump on this LP deal that won't come again, but I'm leaning towards the Godin right now because I'm not a huge Les Paul fan.  They are great guitars, but I've preferred Strats in the past and felt LPs were too expensive given I wasn't in love with them.  I mostly play funk/blues/jazz with some classic rock thrown in and finger pick mostly, so the Strat tone always appealed to me more.  Watching vids like below make me think I'll like the sound versatility out of the Godin and I'll keep half my budget in my pocket.  Am I stupid?

Whatever choice I make, it will come with a Fender Mustang GT200 amp thrown in.  The amp seems like a good/versatile solid state amp + effect processor that will let me build a pedal board back up over time.  Getting pretty stoked.

Small semi-related update.

Ive got a handful of original songs I'm happy with, a bass player who I like alot - though she still needs a little guidance here and there; a very solid drummer (with a van of course); a butch female vocalist/multi-instrumentalist, and, as of last night, a dedicated practice space with secure gear storage.

Looking for another guitar player still. Shouldnt be too hard, but no rush.

Whatever I've done, I've worked on the right mix of people I think. I've assembled a cast of people I like being around, then spent time getting them together in social situations to make sure they clicked like i thought they would before inviting them in.

In 2019, this shit is gonna go down however it goes down.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Bogeywon said:

Actually I need a electric I was just informed 

The Squier Classic Vibes are good guitars.

If you're interested in a Tele style guitar, Musicians Friend has this G&L Tribute in classy  vintage white for $350: https://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gl-limited-edition-tribute-asat-classic-electric-guitar

Musicians Friend has some really good deals in their open box section. They have that same G&L in an opened box for $307 and a G&L Bluesboy Tele for $287.

20 minutes ago, Foggy Notion said:

The Squier Classic Vibes are good guitars.

If you're interested in a Tele style guitar, Musicians Friend has this G&L Tribute in classy  vintage white for $350: https://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gl-limited-edition-tribute-asat-classic-electric-guitar

Musicians Friend has some really good deals in their open box section. They have that same G&L in an opened box for $307 and a G&L Bluesboy Tele for $287.

Was just informed he plays metal