Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

2 hours ago, mop said:

a quick update on our journey to 1,000 for the 2020 thread....last year's thread on 2019 recruiting didn't get started until March 25th.  That means we are at page 160 with a month to go until we started page 1 for 2019.  why did we wait so long last year?  I wasn't on here yet....

Lotta folks had to take an exit dump. 

Edited by SaucyJack

Just now, C'Mon Man said:

Do you know why Texas isn't recruiting Mickens or Lorando Jackson?

Mickens is probably a little athletically maxed out. All I've heard on Lorando is "there's a reason Texas isn't pursuing", but nothing specific. 

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Updated Rivals top 100:

2. Evans

3. Flowe

8. Smalls

9. Ringo

14. Milton

26. Wilson 

29. Demas

33. Mcclellan

48. Thompson

67. Cooper

69. Washington

75. Omeire

86. Broughton

96. Lindberg

98 Jaylon Jones

Biggest omissions are Collins and Jackson

if evans is #2 then demas is 28 spots too low. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, C'Mon Man said:

Do you know why Texas isn't recruiting Mickens or Lorando Jackson?

Mickens, as has been mentioned, is topped out and if you are going for a guy like that Kimber is a better fit. Jackson is a lot like Omar Manning, getting him in will be tough and keeping him in tougher. 

28 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Also on the Rivals new 100.

Tosh Baker #51 ( OT from Arizona )

Clark Phillips #54

Lathan Ransom #63

I know we’re looking good for our top 5 OL, but I’d really like to see us go after Tosh Baker. That dude is good and isn’t he a UT legacy?

Edited by Burt Macklin

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Speaking of...

Yikes

Considering Elko has had a decent seeming opportunity to return east at Temple (twice), and now had a shot at the NFL (or was it two different shots at the NFL?)...you have to ask if he's just so fucking stupid he can't see the roster around him and what it's going to do his marketability after next season...or if he's just that confident he is a wizard?

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Considering Elko has had a decent seeming opportunity to return east at Temple (twice), and now had a shot at the NFL (or was it two different shots at the NFL?)...you have to ask if he's just so fucking stupid he can't see the roster around him and what it's going to do his marketability after next season...or if he's just that confident he is a wizard?

Bengals owner Mike Brown is one of the biggest cheapskates in the league, so perhaps he won't outbid the ATM boosters.

6 minutes ago, futureman said:

is broughton considered better than collins?

I think Broughton is the better prospect, although both are studs. Broughton has more physical upside, while Collins is better and more productive right now, but also has really high upside. I think Broughton is a definite 5*, while Collins is a borderline 5* 

Look at how Broughton was moving this past weekend at 6'5 280 on twitter, if you can find it. Also, look at how he exploded off the edge from pass rushing drills from the previous camp this spring that he attended, if you can find it