Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

I don't mean to diss but I'm not a huge fan. He says he runs a 4.5 but he doesn't pull away from defenders and I don't think 6'2" 200 is that great of size. It seems like we are looking for another Beck but personally, I think we can do better. At least he runs hard and he should have a spot in the lineup when we have 2 backs in the backfield.

19 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I don't mean to diss but I'm not a huge fan. He says he runs a 4.5 but he doesn't pull away from defenders and I don't think 6'2" 200 is that great of size. It seems like we are looking for another Beck but personally, I think we can do better. At least he runs hard and he should have a spot in the lineup when we have 2 backs in the backfield.

He wonā€™t be handed the ball, and he wonā€™t be playing at or even close to 200. His job is to be at 230 or more by August 2021.Ā 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Bevo said:

Watched the HUDL and he ran away from plenty of defenders.Ā  Catches the ball extremely well.Ā  He looks like another very versatile athlete that given a couple years to develop will be a handful.Ā Ā 

• Like 1

On 3/29/2019 at 4:49 PM, Katfid54 said:

That Joe Cook highlight clip is hilarious.Ā  JLR has a terrible reaction and get off in that clip.Ā  Because of that, the lineman has dropped way too far by the time anyone else has even moved.Ā  And because the other lineman are immobile in the drill, JLR just blows right past him inside.Ā 

Bump

13 hours ago, Bevo said:

I think itā€™s a great pickup. Ā heā€™ll beĀ 6ā€™2ā€ 235 and will lead block and run routes out of the backfield as a fullback as well as playingĀ H-back. Ā heā€™s gonna be a swiss army knife and his lead blocking will change the running game. Ā herman has a motherfucking vision for the offense and it involves massive TE like wiley and versatile H-backs like hullaby and a devastating rushing attack led by guys like ingram and zach evans. Ā I think starting with 2020 season, maybe even 2019, herman drives this thing to the playoff at least 10 of the next 12 years.Ā 

• Like 4