Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

Speaking of Xavion Alford and his tie to Josh Eaton as a possible package deal, wasn't Xavion the one who left the aggy food poisoning party early on Saturday and came to Austin instead for our camp?

That was the 2021 whale hunter from the Dallas area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Is this guy to look at at CB?  Supposedly ran a 4.4 and 4.1 shuttle at TCU camp.

https://247sports.com/Player/Bud-Clark-46051630/

His numbers and the write up on him are impressive. Someone posted earlier that Naivar started following him on twitter. With Crawford on board another burner like Clark would be nice. I can't find any 40 or shuttle times for Eaton. Oddly enough 247 lists his position as CB but his position ranking is under Safety. Might be a long shot since he's already committed to Virginia.

4 hours ago, Machinator said:

Per TFB, Chris Thompson's delay is due to a delay in taping the commitment video. Make of that what you will.

Also, Jerrin Thompson is filming a video and will drop it “as soon as this weekend and no later than next week.”

So we have a poster that said a couple videos were being shot at DKR today and these 2 tidbits come out...

2 hours ago, Casual Encounter said:

spacer.png

I could look at this all night. It's like a scene from a naughty Hallmark movie where Lacey Chabert's character had to leave town unexpectedly on Christmas Eve for a client presentation in order to get that big promotion, so her slutty sister comes to help decorate in time for the town's Holiday Jubilee. Then after the party, she gets banged by her brother-in-law in a reindeer costume as Santa and his elves smoke week and watch.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Born Burnt said:

I could look at this all night. It's like a scene from a naughty Hallmark movie where Lacey Chabert's character had to leave town unexpectedly on Christmas Eve for a client presentation in order to get that big promotion, so her slutty sister comes to help decorate in time for the town's Holiday Jubilee. Then after the party, she gets banged by her brother-in-law in a reindeer costume as Santa and his elves smoke week and watch.

You sound like you've given this alot of thought.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fud said:

Per Suchomel, Eaton is delaying his decision now. Was supposed to announce next week, presumably to A&M

I'm not sure anyone on this site has been excited for Eaton for awhile, be it because we had to chase Kelee Ringo's tail, or he was written off as an aTm lock. I don't think anyone's going to be overly excited about him. He's raw and needs a lot of work, but he has length and athleticism. He could be a player if we stashed him for a couple years. Couple that with an aTm dick slap to the face, I'd be happy if he jumped on board. We've taken worse projects for sure. 

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm not sure anyone on this site has been excited for Eaton for awhile, be it because we had to chase Kelee Ringo's tail, or he was written off as an aTm lock. I don't think anyone's going to be overly excited about him. He's raw and needs a lot of work, but he has length and athleticism. He could be a player if we stashed him for a couple years. Couple that with an aTm dick slap to the face, I'd be happy if he jumped on board. We've taken worse projects for sure.  

I like the idea of getting him to wait until he potentially puts some good senior tape out, and then deciding to take him. He has a rare length + athleticism combination for a true corner, and has good ball skills since he's mostly played WR before last year, but the knock on him is a big one; he just isn't very good at football on a consistent basis if you want full games, although he does make flashy splash plays. If it's more of the same, then push for Pouncey, try to flip Rogers, see how Avery Helm looks post injury, monitor late bloomers, flip someone from our farm system (TCU), etc. 

Edited by Fud
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fud said:

Per Suchomel, Eaton is delaying his decision now. Was supposed to announce next week, presumably to A&M

I remember he was high on Texas this spring, but then it seemed like we backed off because we had other priorities. 

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I guess the consolation prize of missing on Ringo, Kimber, and Rogers could be that we get to steal a  true CB prospect from aggy who has none.

30 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

He could be a player if we stashed him for a couple years. Couple that with an aTm dick slap to the face, I'd be happy if he jumped on board. We've taken worse projects for sure. 

True, as a prospect, alone, he may not move the needle. It’s the aggy dick slap we would relish.