Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

Guys, Demas is not coming here.  He released a top 3 without aggy being in it.  Dude saw our offense all last year and we were his supposed favorite this summer.  He has a 2 game sample size of aggy’s offense and commits to them out of the blue after them not making his top 3.  Dude was bought by aggy and they must have made one hell of an offer to him and his trainer.

3 hours ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Feelsgoodman. It's been awhile. 

Herman and Beck have transformed the QB room (even if a couple of them were pretty much UT locks no matter what). 

Rising was quite the pull as was Thompson. Ehlinger probably would have come here even if we shut down the football program and only offered club football instead. Johnson was a solid Texas lock to a slightly lesser degree and Card was a good pull with the odds stacked in our favor.

3 hours ago, maninblack said:

I am. Sam is an athletic idiot. We know nothing about Rising or Thompson. Card is a Lake Travis special.

Rising is the truth and I've been beating that drum since the dude was an OU commit. I was convinced the dude was going to win like hell with OU and was sad that we were likely going to settle for Tanner Mordecai. Then we got into the picture with him and I was over the moon. Watch the dude's film and you see a dude who can thread a needle with a bullet pass and toss a nice deep ball with touch, all while being able to create with his legs if needed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fud said:

It's not worth worrying about demas until we see what happens with shepherd 

Hornsby likely isn't playing this year, has three different trainers/handlers, and complains about his coaches on twitter. Not going to lose sleep on this one 

Yeah. Hornsby seems like a gigantic pain in the ass, despite his immense talent. I would not bet on that kid being a successful college QB at this point. 

11 hours ago, maninblack said:

I am. Sam is an athletic idiot. We know nothing about Rising or Thompson. Card is a Lake Travis special.

Excuse me, sir, but perhaps you missed the recent update from Longhorn94 in which he's anointed Card as the second coming of a one Garrett "6 Second Wind-up" Gilbert. I'll allow you some time to better educate yourself and come back to us with an updated take. Apparently, per our honks in Lake Travis, we're all set.

2 hours ago, Fud said:

It's not worth worrying about demas until we see what happens with shepherd 

Hornsby likely isn't playing this year, has three different trainers/handlers, and complains about his coaches on twitter. Not going to lose sleep on this one 

Ask your bros if they've heard anything about Demas being ... less than an Ivy League candidate and the grades to reflect that. I'm surprised, as I was under the impression, after using the Rosetta Stone to translate his Twitter posts, that this young man was a risk of foregoing football altogether in order to pursue his studies in quantum physics with the best and brightest that Oxford can offer.

1 minute ago, irishtexan said:

Yeah. Hornsby seems like a gigantic pain in the ass, despite his immense talent. I would not bet on that kid being a successful college QB at this point. 

I'm with you here. I've written Hornsby off and will be cheering for him to do as damage as a guy like this can do at a place like ATM. 

32 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Ask your bros if they've heard anything about Demas being ... less than an Ivy League candidate and the grades to reflect that. I'm surprised, as I was under the impression, after using the Rosetta Stone to translate his Twitter posts, that this young man was a risk of foregoing football altogether in order to pursue his studies in quantum physics with the best and brightest that Oxford can offer.

With that high school, which is one of the worst in Texas, I've always baked in that distinct possibility with both Shepherd and Demas 

Shepherd has more red flags though; he's really overweight and will have to work on his body, he's really far away technique wise, and now he's off the team. It's one of the reasons I've been hoping to land a third offensive tackle. 

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Are the Newton kids the ones with certain influences in the corner? Someone on this board said something to that effect.

They had a handler trying to shop them as a package deal, but Sylvester might not be beholden to that 

interesting note on Lorando -- via Sayles in a thread about Jaylon Jones. 

Lorando Johnson doesn't appear to have any interest in A&M. Last time, I spoke to him was over the summer. He was very "meh" about the program.

With him being a 2020, that could change.

On Sylvester -  he has been told very clearly the things he needs to do and not do. He isn't a lost cause like Tamuzia Brown at this point, but he's got to make some good choices. There are several schools that have had to have the same conversation(s). 

It’s more important to me on this thread because he is a 2020 guy, than on the Hamm thread because it is Hamm, but on Monday, Demas really was going to recommit. He made the mistake of telling Hamm this and Hamm went and pulled a conference call together with Footwork King, Damiyeune The Bagman Craig, the North Forest coaches and Demas, basically shaming and cajoling Demas not to decommit. 

So, yeah, that doesn’t sound good for Demas sticking with aggie. It also highlights how far and low Hamm will go to keep guys in ATM’s corner, basically violating every rule, NCAA or recruiting industry, in order to steer players. It also shows the depths of his outright lies when he posts about his view of what is going on. This comes from someone that stumblefuck Hamm talked to about it, attempting to explain how much he bleeds for the aggies. 

I’m open to going after this guy with a work-up compiled and delivered to the NCAA. He’s corrupt and ATM is benefitting. In truth, every player he’s talking to should be ruled off limits for the aggies to sign. 

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It’s more important to me on this thread because he is a 2020 guy, than on the Hamm thread because it is Hamm, but on Monday, Demas really was going to recommit. He made the mistake of telling Hamm this and Hamm went and pulled a conference call together with Footwork King, Damiyeune The Bagman Craig, the North Forest coaches and Demas, basically shaming and cajoling Demas not to decommit. 

So, yeah, that doesn’t sound good for Demas sticking with aggie. It also highlights how far and low Hamm will go to keep guys in ATM’s corner, basically violating every rule, NCAA or recruiting industry, in order to steer players. It also shows the depths of his outright lies when he posts about his view of what is going on. This comes from someone that stumblefuck Hamm talked to about it, attempting to explain how much he bleeds for the aggies. 

I’m open to going after this guy with a work-up compiled and delivered to the NCAA. He’s corrupt and ATM is benefitting. In truth, every player he’s talking to should be ruled off limits for the aggies to sign. 

Fucking autocorrect. Decommit. Not recommit. Fuck. 

Edited by closetojumping