Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

5 minutes ago, Burntcowboy said:

My bad, I didn’t realize that was a Houston thing 

14 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I’m going to assume you’re joking. But for those that don’t know - that’s not the ‘horns’, it’s a Houston thing.

its not a houston thing its an h tine thing

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Why? Ingram had a great game, and we showed big commitment to the run AND that a player of his talent would be huge here.

Honestly it would have been a great game for him to see.

Who gives a shit. Regardless of him attending or not, this recruitment is very young. We will have many better performances than what we had today. 

Edited by TexasFan21

On 10/12/2018 at 8:45 PM, Machinator said:

Anybody at LT-Westlake tonight watching Card?

I was there.  Card definitely struggled.  His numbers would have looked even worse if he hadn't had two interceptions overturned on penalties.  He threw one nice long ball to Garrett Wilson early, but struggled with accuracy and decision making for most of the game.  He is better as a runner than passer at this point - definitely a work in progress.  Also handled punting duties, for what that's worth.  Definitely a nice athlete, but needs more reps as QB.

I was even more surprised by Wilson.  He looked to me like he was bored.  Had one spectacular one-handed catch out of bounds, one easy long catch from Card early, and a kickoff return for TD (through traffic then easing past the kicker) when they were already down 34-7.  He played some cornerback and went off with an injury late in first half, but came back in early in the third and played the rest of the game.  I had really expected him to be more dangerous against a Westlake team that will be unlikely to receive any major college offers.,

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nozatx said:

I was there.  Card definitely struggled.  His numbers would have looked even worse if he hadn't had two interceptions overturned on penalties.  He threw one nice long ball to Garrett Wilson early, but struggled with accuracy and decision making for most of the game.  He is better as a runner than passer at this point - definitely a work in progress.  Also handled punting duties, for what that's worth.  Definitely a nice athlete, but needs more reps as QB.

I was even more surprised by Wilson.  He looked to me like he was bored.  Had one spectacular one-handed catch out of bounds, one easy long catch from Card early, and a kickoff return for TD (through traffic then easing past the kicker) when they were already down 34-7.  He played some cornerback and went off with an injury late in first half, but came back in early in the third and played the rest of the game.  I had really expected him to be more dangerous against a Westlake team that will be unlikely to receive any major college offers.,

Someone needs to get in front of Longhorn94’s computer and put this post on ignore. I do not want blood on our Surly hands. He could die of heart failure when seeing this or hunt you down and murder you for Lake Travis insolence. Either direction gets nasty. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, nozatx said:

I’m confused. I was told he was comparable to Roschon. 

• Haha 1

I know it's the norm on the football board to overreact, but HS kids aren't consistent pros yet. If he shows himself to be consistently mediocre, then there will be cause for concern.

He'll have his ups and downs. Let's wait and see if he strings together shitty performances.

• Like 1

I know it's the norm on the football board to overreact, but HS kids aren't consistent pros yet. If he shows himself to be consistently mediocre, then there will be cause for concern.
He'll have his ups and downs. Let's wait and see if he strings together shitty performances.

Not LT players you steamy POS...They are perfect. LT is the energy that powers the golden ray powering Heaven. - Longhorn94
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Caddox said:

Card is not a kid that will be expected to play early. Give him a couple of years in the program and see where hes at. If he doesn't pan out, line him up in the slot. 

Yup, he's a guy with a lot of upside that will have the luxury of being able to sit behind Rising, RoJo for 2-3 years.  Still should take another QB along with him. 

• Like 1