Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Either i've never seen an echeese post or just don't remember him. From the stories so far on here you'd think i would have. And i was on Horn Fans but didn't mosey on over to the Shag until late in '09 when i noticed certain posters where missing. Sounds like echeese and Texas Taps would've got along great though. 

Just now, BERT said:

Either i've never seen an echeese post or just don't remember him. From the stories so far on here you'd think i would have. And i was on Horn Fans but didn't mosey on over to the Shag until late in '09 when i noticed certain posters where missing. Sounds like echeese and Texas Taps would've got along great though. 

My interactions with him were on orangebloods many years ago. Fuck that sorry fuck. And fuck Ketch’s fat ass, too. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

My interactions with him were on orangebloods many years ago. Fuck that sorry fuck. And fuck Ketch’s fat ass, too. 

Echeese would never come on a board like this. He’d get destroyed and he’d have no moderator to whom to run for help. He loves to make insane, inflammatory declarations in the most pretentious, self-righteous manner possible. Then he goes passive aggressive once he’s inflamed everyone and pretends he’s the victim of unreasonable verbal attacks. And he knows the OB mods won’t let the other posters eviscerate him, so the cycle repeats. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShowmeyourTDs said:

That game was the worst.  My brother and I sat in the OU section (there were only like four orange shirts in that section) in the Texas endzone.  I remember talking about getting rid of Mack and getting Spurrier, I was drunk and pissed.  For the first time in like 2 and a half decades we didn’t score any points.  That game pissed me off more than any game to that point.  I even sat through the entire 66-3 debacle against UCLA in Austin.  

I went to that game with HenryJames. I *think* this was the weekend in which an OU fan taunted us while we were having a late night drink in the bar at The Adolphus. He yelled obscenities and said hillbilly shit about Texas people and then ran off. I remember chasing him but he'd already disappeared into an elevator. I came back to see a sobbing HenryJames, cursing the entire day, and Greg Davis. 

1 minute ago, Chili dog said:

Echeese would never come on a board like this. He’d get destroyed and he’d have no moderator to whom to run for help. He loves to make insane, inflammatory declarations in the most pretentious, self-righteous manner possible. Then he goes passive aggressive once he’s inflamed everyone and pretends he’s the victim of unreasonable verbal attacks. And he knows the OB mods won’t let the other posters eviscerate him, so the cycle repeats. 

My understanding is that he posts on this board as VaHorn.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chili dog said:

so.... derka?

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I went to that game with HenryJames. I *think* this was the weekend in which an OU fan taunted us while we were having a late night drink in the bar at The Adolphus. He yelled obscenities and said hillbilly shit about Texas people and then ran off. I remember chasing him but he'd already disappeared into an elevator. I came back to see a sobbing HenryJames, cursing the entire day, and Greg Davis. 

I remember Greg Robinson’s student coach telling me before that game that we would hold OU to 10 points. I thought, if that’s even close to true, we’ll beat those inbred mouth-breathers. And then, Greg Davis. 

Echeese .... is also a ... fan ...of ... the ellipsis but ... he ... doesn't ... know what they are used .... for....

A few years ago he learned the concept of logical fallacies. He was like a kid with a new toy. For about a year afterward, every argument that you put forth that he did not agree with was a logical fallacy.  

Reportedly he is a financial advisor in real life. Can you imagine that there are people who entrust their life savings to him? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

if you look at the numbers Greg Davis was the best OC we've ever had. 

can't believe i'm going to say this but... fuck... i think this might be true.

Harsin was better, but was only here for two years.  Other than that, though, we've been pretty much wandering in the wilderness.

13 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

Is cheese still at it? I feel like his name has been gone for years.

8 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Since there's nothing to talk about today so far, might as well get the obligatory Devo update:

Hope it works out well for him. The story I heard was that his home life environment was very poor and he basically had to figure life out on his own/the street.

27 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Good lord this thread was worthless this morning.

Would you rather us meltdown about losing Broughton and go three pages about how worthless Giles is? I think half a day reliving the good old times is needed given what is about to transpire over the coming weeks. 

Just now, Newy25 said:

Would you rather us meltdown about losing Broughton and go three pages about how worthless Giles is? I think half a day reliving the good old times is needed given what is about to transpire over the coming weeks. 

any more mentions of Broughton should be moved to the Strangers with Candi post thanks modz

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I was working in NY at the time and I watched the game at the Texas Exes watching party in Midtown. Fortunately for me, no one with an Oklahoma degree is recruited to work in any industry outside of oil drilling or meth production so I only saw sobbing Texas fans. Myself included. 

3 hours ago, Newy25 said:

I have had heated exchanges with people on Texas message boards before. But after the 2004 Texas/OU game that mindless motherfucker actually defended Greg Davis' offensive "strategy" suggesting keeping the game low scoring was by design. That is the only time in my enite life I thought if I ever met a poster on a message board in person I would get into a physical altercation. 

if I ever run into you at a tailgate i will fucking beat you senseless in front of a crowd of onlookers you little pussy. 

1 minute ago, Fud said:

Worried about summoning Echeese?

I don't get why anybody would be worried about it. It's not like there isn't plenty of craptacular content to be found even when the champion of such content is missing. He's kinda like the most annoying fly -- kill him, hey great. But there's still hundreds more circling the shitpile.

3 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

It's been a gouda mount of time since I've read anything from him. 

Speaking of Mack Brown apologia, I wonder how he feels about the fact that Mack let Manny Diaz return to Austin after we got shitstomped by BYU before being fired.  I always thought it'd be better if he had to leave Provo-lone.

• Like 1

Just now, Katfid54 said:

Speaking of Mack Brown apologia, I wonder how he feels about the fact that Mack let Manny Diaz return to Austin after we got shitstomped by BYU before being fired.  I always thought it'd be better if he had to leave Provo-lone.

Damn. Was just working on one of these. 

Sorry for the derail, everyone. I'll brie in the corner.

• Like 1