Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

7 minutes ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

For the love of Cheesus Christ I hope he mudholes LSU after dropping 70 on La Tech before half time and getting to rest.

As much as it pisses me off, I’m glad there was something to interrupt the cheese talk.  Of course, Bradshaw has as little to do with Texas recruiting as cheese does, but as focused as everyone was on Cheez-It’s a miracle anything could distract us from the subject. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Istian said:

This is just unbelievable to me. The hate is real y’all. 

It's a sign that we are getting back to where we gouda be. So long as this revival isn't a flash in the paneer we'll be back to getting national hate again before no time*

*Unless we're facing down Saban and the Evil Empire like we did against USC.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fud said:

The silver linings for this brutal week are these guys aren't completely locked into the schools they're presumably leaning towards (Ransom and Bijan to tOSU, Broughton to A&M, Washington to OU), and that they're all supposedly set to commit in the next month or so, which gives the staff a long runway to find replacements while continuing to chip away at these guys if they think there's a chance at a flip.

The Rivals interview from today sounded like Broughton was all but decided. Apparently he came close to committing to A&M then and there but decided to hold off for a few weeks to maintain his timeline.

Either way, we've run out of time in his recruitment.

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

The Rivals interview from today sounded like Broughton was all but decided. Apparently he came close to committing to A&M then and there but decided to hold off for a few weeks to maintain his timeline.

If he’s going to hold off then we still have a chance. Always stay positive 

36 minutes ago, satyanash said:

No matter where you go...

...you'll always recognize the scent of a woman.

Pure Pessimism. By Satyanash™

10 minutes ago, randygilman said:

I’m sure SurlyHorns recruiting thread is the right place for this type of nuanced and complicated discussion 

The conference that beats its chest about being the toughest in football but isn’t ashamed in the least to schedule FCS teams ain’t embarrassed by this stuff. 

54 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Do you think the 7 OT victory against LSU sealed the deal? 

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

We're going to have to find a bunch of Ojomo, Hookfin, Crawford, Wiley, etc, underrated types, and hopefully win big this year and flip kids from programs that struggle and feeder type of programs who have easy flips, and maybe win a few of the big time uncommitted kids late. And probably save a couple of scholarships for next year. 

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

Pathetic if true. 

10 minutes ago, theaveragejon said:

Pathetic if true. 

Nah, what'll be pathetic is when he's sitting with Leal every year watching Texas play in NY6 Bowls and the CFP while aggy plays in some bowl nobody has heard of against a scrub ACC team thinking "what could have been?"

• Like 1

13 hours ago, UTEX90 said:

Lets have a better day today people.  Yesterday was a brutal read.

Well I don't know what's worse, quoting myself or you fuckers spending 13 hours doing cheese puns.   

I'm putting Bradshaw in the next death pool.

Apologies in advance, but...

I used to tell people that Surly was the top cheese of all Longhorn boards. And emmental those words. I feel like everyone can fondue much better. Hopefully, the board can pull itself together, but I don’t think it’s gruyere-nteed.