Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Just now, Machinator said:

JFC we're keeping all of Corby Warehinger over Samples? 

If I were to give Mensa the benefit of the doubt as opposed to believing he's just too arrogant to realize he needs a change, I'd say his plan is to let Staples recruit all the elite Dallas prospects on the road this year, so he has good relationships when we bring him in after next season.

1 minute ago, Lonestar88 said:

I get that Samples doesn’t have the experience one would usually need to become a position coach here, but still, we have not one, but two useless WR coaches on staff, there’s no way at least one of them wasn’t expendable.

Herman isn't going to jettison one of them NOW in July... If changes are going to be made it will be after the season..when they have one year contracts

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thiefery said:

Herman isn't going to jettison one of them NOW in July... If changes are going to be made it will be after the season..when they have one year contracts

Yeah, I know, it’s a decision that would’ve had to have been made months ago, if it was going to be made.

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

There is no double meaning there. He is talking about having to offer sophomores instead of waiting for junior film.

I get that is what the quote is referencing...but it doesn't mean its not also a direct shot across the bow of the old guard.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

I get that is what the quote is referencing...but it doesn't mean its not also a direct shot across the bow of the old guard.

It's a shot at himself more than anything. He held off in an effort to do it his way until he couldn't hold off any longer. It became clear that the way business was being done has shifted.

Edit: Image result for 500 gif

Edited by Ricky's one-hitter
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ricky's one-hitter said:

It's a shot at himself more than anything. He held off in an effort to do it his way until he couldn't hold off any longer. It became clear that the way business was being done has shifted.

Or the boosters who dragged their feet on facilites upgrades or any number of things. I think the choice of phrase is important here because the mindset has far greater implications beyond "we have to offer sophomores because everyone is doing it." It comes across as dogmatic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

His father is a piece of shit of a human being. Just google what he did at New Mexico St or whever it was. 

Not shocking that his son is getting in trouble. 

Succeeded Bob Davie @ UNM. Veering further OT (or not, since we're into alliterative names now) I just learned Kai's mom is named Kia.