Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

47 minutes ago, BurntOrangeCrush said:

I think I have all of this right, but I may have missed something the last few days:

On Monday at some point, VB said he was announcing later so he could enjoy his birthday (which was Monday). On Tuesday, some 9.95 dude from somewhere said he heard from sources he was announcing Thursday (aggy rejoices because, you know, Jimbo).

Later that same day, someone with sources said VB was "slowing it down". Those sources say VB and family are maybe waiting a few weeks since everything has been "overwhelming" (aggy now has a full stiffy because, you know, they have Jimbo).

Last, someone somewhere said this could just be a tactic to keep everyone guessing and he could announce at any time.

In summary, no one knows for sure when he announces. As of today, most CB's are still Texas but we shall see.

Nice timing

• Like 1

kid dancing GIF

11 hours ago, Chili dog said:

Right, unless you’re Ed Oliver, but those examples are extremely rare. I’m guessing we’ll probably see traffic increase in the #AustintoDallas transfer portal, too. 

Edited by JFKFC
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, trythisathome said:

Was there any indication that he was going to drop it today? I've been pretty glued to this recruitment but I was caught by surprise. 

Just saying, he wears jersey #45 and there are 45 days left until Texas football kicks off...

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, trythisathome said:

Was there any indication that he was going to drop it today? I've been pretty glued to this recruitment but I was caught by surprise. 

Yes. An initial report said Thursday was a possibility, until aggy reporters said he might push it back a couple weeks. Shockingly surly and everyone ran with 2 weeks because we have dline ptsd and theyre delusional fucking shitsippers who think they’re getting everyone until they dont and then that recruit sucked anyway. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

Just now, Dbeasy said:

It is my hope people will STFU about Giles for at least a brief respite. That shit was getting old.

Giles gets a stay of execution today (even though he had plenty of help with Broughton, I'm sure).

Now we can direct all of our ire at Stanley!