Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

3 hours ago, BigLonghorn said:

So is it confirmed that Samples is leaving or is it just surly being surly?

3 hours ago, UncleBuck said:

Possibly just Surly being Surly. Nothing concrete at all, yet. 

3 hours ago, BigLonghorn said:

Haha that's what I figured. 

This aged very well. 

I realize we lost some progress last year due to the site change, but it took us until October 29th last year to hit 500.  

Among the things discussed on page 500 last year were De'Gabriel Floyd's HS highlights being compared to DJ's and speculation about him starting this year. 😥

And, as I'm sure everyone will be shocked to find out, we were discussing staff changes. Specifically, if Beaty would be fired from Kansas and whether he'd replace Beck as OC or take a WR spot so we could even out the staff on offense and defense. 

Best of all, @Vertigo came in strong with his proclamation that Warehime would be fired after the season so we could hire another defensive assistant. 

On 10/30/2018 at 8:13 AM, Vertigo said:

Dont forget Warehime is on borrowed time. He will be gone at the end of the year, which brings things back into balance if Beck or someone else were to retain the OC title.

3 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:
Hot town, summer in the city
Back of my neck getting dirty and gritty
Been down, isn't it a pity
Doesn't seem to be a shadow in the city
All around, people looking half dead
Walking on the sidewalk, hotter than a match head.

tenor.gif

In on 500.

Honestly, SMU is turning into our triple A club. I like Samples there. He’ll send studs to us who are too good for SMU and vice versa. Then we’ll call him up as soon as we can ditch some dead weight. That’s my glass-half-full thought, anyway. 

Edited by Chili dog
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ajfranz95 said:

Does this mean an angry mob is no longer outside my door? 

Surly Mob will hold off as long as you personally gty that Samples returns to Texas in next year or two...

Edited by LTtxfan

Roach 2:30 Update on Broughton: "UPDATE: I just checked in again and it sounds like things will be pushed back to next week. Like I said, nothing surprises me with the timeline right now."

He later noted that he hasn't heard anything to shake his confidence yet.

Edited by Dummy

7 minutes ago, Dummy said:

Roach 2:30 Update on Broughton: "UPDATE: I just checked in again and it sounds like things will be pushed back to next week. Like I said, nothing surprises me with the timeline right now."

3:00 "UPDATE: I just checked again, here thirty minutes later, and it sounds like the decision has been pushed back to yesterday."

9 minutes ago, Dummy said:

He later noted that he hasn't heard anything to shake his confidence yet.

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, thepop said:

Frenzy saying Broughton is now pushing back a week or two.

I'm over it.

Rivals/247 needs a ranking to recruiting drama to on-field performance metric to gauge how much of this shit is worth it with these kids.