Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I have 5, but one is 25 next week. High school graduation present who is awesome but she is not with us, and then 9, 7, 5, and almost 4. They feed off of each other and we encourage them to be pretty wild and aggressive, so it backfires and sometimes I get punished in ways this board can’t. 

Part of the Pouncey recruitment is his brother. Can they keep him? That obviously plays a role in the way they rank the brother. The confidence hasn’t been high enough to make him a priority. I guess now we’re going to see Jordan getting key reps. 

I hear you. We have pretty rowdy group. 10,8,5, almost 2. Still have PTSD from Disney Cruise last summer. Wife and I have talked about how soon we can go abroad. Still a few years away from that. 

56 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I hear you. We have pretty rowdy group. 10,8,5, almost 2. Still have PTSD from Disney Cruise last summer. Wife and I have talked about how soon we can go abroad. Still a few years away from that. 

I'd think your wallet has the PTSD for that many on a Disney cruise.  And God help it if you drink on them.  Lord it's a racket.  We've taken kids to destinations on cruises (Mexico, Caymans, Belize, etc) as well as Canada (day trips out of WA state).  This Thanksgiving we're heading with them to England.  We'll see.  

20 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Another CB for Broughton to Texas from an Ohio State mod.

None of these people have any inside info.  Their info is simply what all the other prognosticators are doing.  I know everyone knows this, but it's worth reiterating.  

23 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Wondering if our favorite lady Momma Broughton maybe told her boy just to take the day off yesterday, not to worry about anything on his birthday, and drop the video the next day. 

that'd be cool, right? right?

I mean, that’s exactly what happened once the video was finished late. Now the question is if he pushes it back further.

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

I only have three and there is 4 & 5 years between them but we've taken them all over.  We took them all to Tikal and climbed pyramids  with our youngest in a backpack carrier when he was 1.   They're pretty good, pretty easy, except my daughter has always been pretty difficult.  Thankfully there's only one of her.  Now that my oldest is adultish (about to start his sophomore year at Texas)  it's like have a 3rd parent (sometimes) and he's really close to our youngest boy (9).  He even coaches his youth basketball teams.

Edited by Teamdirtyleg

It appears I've stumbled into the "places you go with your little shitheads" thread. Does anyone have a link to the Texas Recruiting Notes 2020 thread?

I hear Broughton may be committing soon and we can finally celebrate a big time win on a highly rated DL prospect and praise the tireless effort of one Oscar Giles.  Or we just lost an intriguing CB prospect, we're gonna lose Samples and all of Dallas with him, Broughton will delay and then commit to aggy and we'll have another good old fashioned meltdown. I'm not sure which. Seems like kind of a coin flip tbh. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

It appears I've stumbled into the "places you go with your little shitheads" thread. Does anyone have a link to the Texas Recruiting Notes 2020 thread?

I hear Broughton may be committing soon and we can finally celebrate a big time win on a highly rated DL prospect and praise the tireless effort of one Oscar Giles.  Or we just lost an intriguing CB prospect, we're gonna lose Samples and all of Dallas with him, Broughton will delay and then commit to aggy and we'll have another good old fashioned meltdown. I'm not sure which. Seems like kind of a coin flip tbh. 

Good point. No one has discussed Broughton at all on this 497 page thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Judging by the number of said "shitheads", I thought it was the Catholic Support Group thread.

4 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Is this a good time to bring this study up? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.livescience.com/375-surprise-1-25-dads-real-father.html

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

3 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

What's more important,  recruiting or 1k pages?

8 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Exactly. As someone who posts sparingly on this thread and has definitely not gotten banned twice for (allegedly) off topic conversations about the great Oscar Giles, I really value limiting the posts to strictly vital updates about the status of recruits. 

For instance, Is Broughton finished filming his video? Was his editor using Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro? Could Broughton make an announcement or could he not make an announcement?  Can any of us do anything to change that?  What if Hamm traps him in a bathroom before he can commit, or Karen lays her ovaries on the Broughtons' kitchen table? Should we even keep covering the recruitment if there's a possibility he commits to aggy? If he delays his commitment by three hours, does that mean aggy's chances go up by 75% or 77%?  If @SydneyCarton and I murder Drew Mehringer, will Samples be given a position on staff?

These are the kind of vitally important questions that I need answesr to, and you guys are really making it difficult for me to wade through all your bullshit to get to this precious 9.95er insight. 

Oh, and if one of you could start creating a daily summary of just the recruiting news, that'd be great. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, futureman said:

you broke into her office and somehow got stuck in her workspace?  you sound like a moron. 

Then the nerve to come on this site and brag about it. 

(I know I know, you nerved to come inside my mom last night. Go ahead, get it out of your system)

Edited by UncleBuck
  • Like 1